Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Porque

Leave him on till 60. Different player on the left. We were making inroads since Roberto came on the right and Grease/Fati swapped wings.

Plus, we don't have a better AML option.

Givenchy

he actually wasn't that bad imo, some good link ups with Suarez but he looks nervous

CL away vs Dortmund is probably a step too early

Porque

I think he'll get subbed out in the 2nd half. He's been really bad. He was better when he switched to the left but overall he was really bad , I think he lost like 80% of the balls he had.

In the end he's just 16 and this is really good experience for him.

Less than Dembele then

giphy.gif

Havesaks

Doesnt look bad tho, and after switching to the left he looks his "normal self". Both him and griezmann should have switched from the start.

Physically he is totally outmatched at this level. I Hope he can make more of those runs down deep, because he then indeed is a dangerous weapon with his Quick feeds and gorgerous first, second and thrid touch. Griezmann also needs to seeks more wide imo, and let frenkie take a more supporting attacking side with roberto

EdmondDantes

Same as last game. Brilliant talent but it's too risky to start him in games just now.

Losing possession and conceding counters too often (which is typical of young wingers/wide forwards) but it's not like you can fault him. Valverde didn't help him by shifting him to the right. He's much better on the left for now.

Now Leo is back, he should stay with the first team and get 30 cameos off-the-bench instead. Against tired legs he's a very good asset. A few more months and he'll be ready to start games as well.

Leo_Messi

I was actually rather impressed how "straightforward" he performed given the intimidating arena, him going into the game knowing that he could become the by far youngest goalscorer in the CL to date, the team not performing well offensively, barely being able to create a single chance etc.

What I could not understand though, not that this came as a surprise with Malmierda being the manager, was that he was being wasted on the left and likewise Griezmann on the other flank. Baffling.

As for whether Fati should play regularly for Barça B or not, I honestly believe that he is already way too good for that level. Much like Puig whose talent and time is being wasted playing against and with (largely) scrubs.

Fati is the future and should be given as many opportunities as possible for the first team. If I were Malmierda, I would be using him frequently as a sub for the last 30-20 minutes against tired defenses. He has already shown that the opponent and occasion is of little importance for his ability to perform on the highest level.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Even when he's not able to be a nonstop chance generator, Ansu showed he was capable of doing the system stuff well in games where it's too uphill to stand out as the main man. Really good passing and movement as part of a unit, defended and pressed hard winning 2 tackles (I'd be surprised either Cou or Dembele ever had 2 tackles in a game in their entire Barca careers), was always aware and active.

He had 1 dribble and nearly scored a goal on that rebound from Arthur's FK delivery, very unlucky deflection on a shot that looked like it was going in. He strikes volleys very well, first time ground finishes very well, and can head the ball. Those are signs of a very elite scoring talent at these early stages in his career, the kind that separate from the pack.

And, like others mentioned, he was doing a lot better in general on the LW and may have had a straight up great performance if he played there from the 1st minute.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Even when he's not able to be a nonstop chance generator, Ansu showed he was capable of doing the system stuff well in games where it's too uphill to stand out as the main man. Really good passing and movement as part of a unit, defended and pressed hard winning 2 tackles (I'd be surprised either Cou or Dembele ever had 2 tackles in a game in their entire Barca careers), was always aware and active.

He had 1 dribble and nearly scored a goal on that rebound from Arthur's FK delivery, very unlucky deflection on a shot that looked like it was going in. He strikes volleys very well, first time ground finishes very well, and can head the ball. Those are signs of a very elite scoring talent at these early stages in his career, the kind that separate from the pack.

And, like others mentioned, he was doing a lot better in general on the LW and may have had a straight up great performance if he played there from the 1st minute.

True but I still believe it was a poor lineup from Valverde when Perez is the only true winger in the squad and has been stellar on that right - Ansu should've been an impact sub later IMHO, esp. on the left

Home of Barca Fans