Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Messi983

Is he our first player who made his first team debut before playing a single official game for Barça B?

[youtube]3CXSLIVQ7rg[/youtube]

choo-choooo-episode-17-the-wholesome-hype-train-53392950.png

behindbrowneyes

Interesting.

The winger became the youngest Barça player in 78 years - a step he could have also taken at Real Madrid or Sevilla FC, as the father of the Guinea-Bissau-born youngster, Boris Fati, revealed. In Sevilla, the prospect once lived with his family.

“We were in Sevilla and Real Madrid offered me even better conditions for my son than Barça,” the senior said in a radio interview with the COPE network. The people in charge of the Catalans tried to get his son harder and presented the better arguments, however. “They came to my house with the contract and convinced us.” Barcelona’s decisive advantage was the educational training at the club’s La Masia academy.

Sevilla were chanceless to keep hold of the winger at an early stage already after they signed him as a seven-year-old. When Fati was nine years old, sporting director Monchi was outraged about Barcelona approaching the player, according to the father, and suspended him for one year, also because they did not accept a financially better offer from Sevilla. “He asked me how much they offered and told me we should sign for Sevilla.” As a ten-year-old, Fati finally joined Barça’s youth setup.
source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/young...quo-better-conditions-rdquo-/view/news/344247

Devils

Every once in a while a player comes along that just leaves me completely speechless at the amount of quality he posses.

Tears in my eyes, dawg.

khaled_a_d

1-For him, Spain has the tendency to call players to 1st team, ensure they can't switch and then let them go. If he never turns out great he will regret it, just like Munir & Bojan.
2-Whether he turns out good or average, Africa lost another important talent. There is almost no hope of getting a new Weah with players prefering to play for European powerhouse.
3-For us, it is granted he will be used way more with NT than with Guinea. FIFA virus will be in full effect (obviously if he turns out good, if he doesn't he won't last long anyway)

That being said, if he really feels more "Spanish" than being Guinean then good for him. For me I always say players should choose teams based on the nation they feel they belong to.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
1-For him, Spain has the tendency to call players to 1st team, ensure they can't switch and then let them go. If he never turns out great he will regret it, just like Munir & Bojan.
2-Whether he turns out good or average, Africa lost another important talent. There is almost no hope of getting a new Weah with players prefering to play for European powerhouse.
3-For us, it is granted he will be used way more with NT than with Guinea. FIFA virus will be in full effect (obviously if he turns out good, if he doesn't he won't last long anyway)

That being said, if he really feels more "Spanish" than being Guinean then good for him. For me I always say players should choose teams based on the nation they feel they belong to.

Spain want him to play the U17 World Cup so he won't be called up for their first team yet, if he's called up my them he should refuse the call-up as it didn't turn out well for Munir or Bojan.

Andresito

Staff member

Even his father said he himself feels Sevillian, so I'm sure it's an easy choice for Ansu to make, even if he's born in Bissau.

Havesaks

If Ansu turns out to be start-11 material or even just a squadplayer for spain, it deffinetly would be in barcas interest. image wise we prefer spanish natinalteamplayers, and even that aside, his image would also increase and therefore he would have higher value for barca.

Home of Barca Fans