Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Havesaks

Did good. Needs to keep it up. He doesn't need to score to make progress, and everyone knows it. The bojan-blabla is just that, bla bla. Fati is already a first team player, and it would be stupid to change it if he is good enough in trainings and to contribute in first team matches, which he can.

God Serena

He's not another Bojan just because he's not lighting the world on fire every game. He's doing exactly what he needs to be doing, these are the types of minutes we've always dreamed one of our upcoming products would get and we wouldn't have expected any of them to be half as good for us as Fati has been. In this case, calma should be applied to thoughts of sending him back to the B team.

Messi983

I warned against this at the start of the season.

Barca are Bojan-ing him right now. Send him back to Barca B where he can play every game and score a lot of goals.

Agreed. I've said a few months ago we should keep a bit of pressure off him and send him back to the B team but will all injuries it just wasn't possible.

Fati looks stronger mentally than Bojan (who always seemed scared on the pitch to me eventhough he has scored a lot in his first season) so I still believe he'll succeed and as much as we complain about current team circumstances are still better than in that mess of a 2007-08 season when Bojan made his first team debut and he was surrounded by a young Messi, Ronaldinho partying all nights, Henry still adapting to the team and Eto'o injured for half of the season.

Some things are actually similar (Eto'o/Suarez injury, Henry/Griezmann newcomers) but Fati now has Messi as his mentor. Messi always said how important Ronaldinho was for his development and I believe he sees a bit of his younger self in Fati and wil do anything in his power to help him. It should also help that Messi's brother is Fati's agent.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It can't be expected that he'd be consistent whatsoever at this stage. He'll have big highs and lows. But he has shown the talent to be able to impact the team well like scoring a goal in a tough away game vs Osasuna, scoring against Valencia. He even knocked out Inter from the CL in San Siro.

More than that, he looks fearless out there. He rarely looks like he's dealing with those baby steps of always trying not to get overwhelmed by 1st division defenders. He doesn't fear their pressure, runs directly at them, attacks with purpose. Fati won't be a true talisman until later in his development, but right now I have no problem with him getting plenty of regular playing time and even being a starter. I believe he is not that far behind a regressed Dembele and shows more attributes that are suited for Quique Setien style football. Suarez is injured for pretty much the rest of the season. Rodrigo is a shit player and it'd be a waste of minutes on him.

Let the kid show what he's got, especially when he plays LW he plays like he's always a threat to create something or score.

Vilarrubi

I know he’s young, but it’s like playing with 10 men. Offers hardly anything, just passing backwards every chance. Starting away vs Valencia a step too high for him.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Was way too timid today and afraid to take on players and only passed backwards, probably hanging out with Rakitic too much...

But at the same time, we are trusting a teenager to save our asses, so that shows the situation of the team...

mc_lovin

Out of position ALL FUCKIGN DAY! Why play him on right!?

Thats the point. Just remember Neymar under Tata, same shit. You cant expect him to perform on the wrong wing. I cant for the love of god understand why Griezmann plays left wing and he plays right wing. Griezmann is invisible either way, but at least Ansu would have the chance to do something.

Heck, Messi looks half the player on the wrong side.

Tackle

The ball naturally gravitates to him all the time despite his youth. That's something you see in the most effective and dynamic offensive playmakers throughout history. Messi, Neymar, Ronaldinho, etc. Ansu is always really well positioned and there's a clear idea in all the actions he makes when he gets on the ball.

It is clear he's ahead of his years and the more he figures things out, the scarier of a prospect he will become. IMO he should be getting a ton of minutes, we have no need to overplay Suarez as much as we do, or even Messi for that matter. Griez can get more rotation minutes in other positions like ST/RW and Ansu can get to keep developing his understanding with more minutes. He is ready, I am not afraid for him in terms of mental strength anymore.

:rofl1:

Home of Barca Fans