Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Messigician

There are some unclarities regarding Fati's contract at the club. Fati's camp don't interpret it in the same way as the club do. Bar?a are certain it ends in 2022 with two optional years, while Fati's father and agent Mendes, think it ends in 2022, with no further extension. [md]

Ah shit here we go

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There are some unclarities regarding Fati's contract at the club. Fati's camp don't interpret it in the same way as the club do. Bar?a are certain it ends in 2022 with two optional years, while Fati's father and agent Mendes, think it ends in 2022, with no further extension. [md]

Ah shit here we go

Not worried at all. Unless the club totally implodes or Fati turns out to be a flop (then we wouldn't be worried about him not extending), by 2022 Messi and Griezmann are all gone and he is one of the focal points (if not the) of our attacking game, why wouldn't he extend?

Andresito

Staff member
Not worried at all. Unless the club totally implodes or Fati turns out to be a flop (then we wouldn't be worried about him not extending), by 2022 Messi and Griezmann are all gone and he is one of the focal points (if not the) of our attacking game, why wouldn't he extend?

I'm sure he'll stay. But Mendes will bring up exactly those points, so Ansu surely won't be on the bottom half of the pay scale so to say, despite being a teenager.

Messi983

Mendes is not Raiola, I'm also not too worried. He'll surely want to get him the best contract but he'll also do what Fati wants instead of trying to convince him to follow the money. And I don't think he has any intention to leave. He could already do that for almost free but decided to renew. So I don't see him leaving now when he's an important player and could be one of the key players in a post-Messi team. It would be fully understandable if he'll want to be paid according to that and not relatively to his age.

As long as he'll accept a bit lower initial wages (compared to what he'll want in his new contract not what he earns now) which could be increased in next years when club's financial status will hopefully improve after corona crisis will be over I'm ok with that. Whoever next president will be should do that in all contract renewals/signings of new players.

Gari

128636657_10159821221409305_8831693240832619848_o.jpg

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think he is comfortably our best attacking player considering Messi's form. Unlucky he got injured, we would look at least somewhat better with him

FinBarcelonafan

I think he is comfortably our best attacking player considering Messi's form. Unlucky he got injured, we would look at least somewhat better with him

I would add Dembele too. He creates chaos but it works now and then. Fati is more controlled but not as unpredictable as Dembelee.

Home of Barca Fans