Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Compared to Kimmich who also had a meniscus tear and whose prognosis went between "out for weeks" and "back in January", Ansu's injury is either more severe than Kimmich's or the club is much more careful and conservative with Ansu's recovery to give him all the time to properly recover. Let's hope it is the latter.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Shame he got injured, he was playing like one of the best in the league. His injury probably increases the chances of us getting depay in January.

If I am not mistaken, unless the election is held before January and a new president and board are in place, we won't be able to make new signings in January.

soul24rage

If I am not mistaken, unless the election is held before January and a new president and board are in place, we won't be able to make new signings in January.

Good, I don't want to spend any more $ that we don't even have and we don't need him right now, even with Ansu's injury.

I would only get him for free this coming summer and if we sell Braithwaite.

Batistuta9

I remember reading something last week that the interim president, tusquets said that we can buy players in January but we would have to sell first. So I don't think it matters if the new board isn't in place by then.

khaled_a_d

Compared to Kimmich who also had a meniscus tear and whose prognosis went between "out for weeks" and "back in January", Ansu's injury is either more severe than Kimmich's or the club is much more careful and conservative with Ansu's recovery to give him all the time to properly recover. Let's hope it is the latter.

It is the opposite, more severe injuries takes less time to come back in many meniscus injury.
Ansu surgery seems to be to "repair" meniscus, this requires more precautions to heal.But long term you get your knee back.
More severe would require removal of some cartilage, that is quicker but worse long term.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is the opposite, more severe injuries takes less time to come back in many meniscus injury.
Ansu surgery seems to be to "repair" meniscus, this requires more precautions to heal.But long term you get your knee back.
More severe would require removal of some cartilage, that is quicker but worse long term.

Hmm, so if the damage to the meniscus is so severe that part of the cartilage has to be removed, it actual means quicker rehab and recovery time?

serghei

Yep. They don't wanna cut away and remove the damaged part because he's 18. If he was 28 he'd be back in 3-4 weeks because they would just remove the part that's been affected.

Birdy

Depay is coming soon at least

Reports by reliable journalists say the deal is set for January.
However, conflicting reports say we need to sell first in order to buy.

Can someone explain this new rule by LaLiga?
Apparently, we got rid of 2 players (Tobido, Rafinha) before the expiration of last transfer window without buying anyone.
Why should we sell again in order to buy Depay???

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Reports by reliable journalists say the deal is set for January.
However, conflicting reports say we need to sell first in order to buy.

Can someone explain this new rule by LaLiga?
Apparently, we got rid of 2 players (Tobido, Rafinha) before the expiration of last transfer window without buying anyone.
Why should we sell again in order to buy Depay???

I don't think it has anything to do with La Liga or FFP etc., it is referring to the dire financial situation the club is facing, we simply don't have money to buy any players if we don't sell players.

Currently the club is holding negotiations with both players and the non-sporting employees to in order to reduce our expenses by 190m for this season.

Home of Barca Fans