Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

kattanib

Because you underlined a point nobody cares about that's nothing to do with statements being made.

Griezmann is not a good fit and there's no real position for him at Barcelona without having to sacrifice something. Full stop.

Not something, someone .. Messi. That is the case with other current players as well to a lesser degree.

Havesaks

...Look up videos of 17 year old Neymar. He'll never get there mate, he doesn't have the natural talent to be that great of a dribbler and playmaker.

Im not to sure avou that. Neymar was a player with huge potential, but his mentality was also subparand so his choice to move to PSG. I know Fati doesn't have Neymar talent, but tell me, who is the better player Neymar or Henry? For me it's Henry all though Neymar had the potential to be a multiple ballon d or winner. Neymar hasn't really accomplished anything big in football besides being part of the MSN trio and winning ridiculous French leauge titles.

With Fati I have the feeling, he can be a clinical and silky winger if he can bulk up a tad. Speed and muscles and routine.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Im not to sure avou that. Neymar was a player with huge potential, but his mentality was also subparand so his choice to move to PSG. I know Fati doesn't have Neymar talent, but tell me, who is the better player Neymar or Henry? For me it's Henry all though Neymar had the potential to be a multiple ballon d or winner. Neymar hasn't really accomplished anything big in football besides being part of the MSN trio and winning ridiculous French leauge titles.

With Fati I have the feeling, he can be a clinical and silky winger if he can bulk up a tad. Speed and muscles and routine.

Yeah I agree. Neymar as a talent, not many players would compare favorably. But as far as his career, it has been very underwhelming for what his caliber is and much of it his own fault. Even though Neymar was more talented at 17, Ansu was out here breaking records that neither Mbappe/Neymar had at his age. It does ultimately come down to what you do.

With the current destitute state of Barca, Ansu has a good opportunity to really establish himself at the forefront of the next project under a new board. Depending if that board is good, the project could be seriously elite that he'd be challenging for titles for a decade comfortably. We have core pieces right now of Ansu/FDJ/Puig/Pedri and a lot of room to grow if the management is competent.

So while Ansu being BETTER than Neymar is unlikely, he has every chance to be more successful which is what matters at the end of the day.

Katarina1

Banned
Just watched his highlights, and he looks like himself. Great movement, but sloppy execution in a lot of moments. He will be a good player, but he is still a bit raw. Needs a tad more speed and cleverness (routine actually, he is clever) and he will be great.

He will probably be something like David Villa good or maybe even Neymar (less talented but better life choices)

Fati probably reaching Neymar levels lmao. When will we learn to stop massively overhyping every young player?

snowy

Well he's no speed demon but no sloth either and given he's still 17, he should improve as sprinters typically do not reach top speed before 22 - 24.

According to speedsdb, he's been clocked at 33.8 km/h or 21 mph which is only 1 km/h slower than Gnabry for instance...

https://speedsdb.com/ansu-fati-top-speed/#:~:text=Anssumane%20%E2%80%9CAnsu%E2%80%9D%20Fati%20is%20a,km%2Fh%20or%2021%20mph.

https://speedsdb.com/serge-gnabry-top-speed/

Phonzie, with his 36.51 km/h recently nabbed the BundesL record from Hakimi (by a thin margin)

https://speedsdb.com/alphonso-davies-top-speed/

Mbapp still the fastest atm

Riordon

He just looks slow when 1v1. Also when he is running in behind to receive throughballs the fullbacks always seem to catch him.

Not overly impressed yet despite his technique is top. Also as I have said numerous times if a player is good at 17 then it doesnt mean he will improve all the way to world class when he is 25.

Next season he will need to produce elite numbers if cules want to compare him to Neymar/Rooney/Benzema/Mbappe type of talent

Andresito

Staff member
The top speed is only ever reached when chasing through balls. In a team where the opponents sits back, acceleration is more important.

utility73

Yes he looked rather slow yesterday, had a hard time getting past Kehrer, which Coman ran circles around in the UCL Final.

Raketa10

IMHO we should move him to no.9 position. He won't be a world class winger because he lacks speed, but as a pure striker he could be great. He showed few times that he has a great scoring capabilities and he actually plays very well with his head.

Last edited:

clemente

Damn he scored a header? That surprises me, he actually should be our striker then, speed won't matter that much

kattanib

Ronald Koeman thinks Ansu Fati would do really well as a '9'. Although the coach knows that Fati is a winger, he's certain that the 17-year-old would do bits in a more central position because of the many goals he scores. [md]

Home of Barca Fans