Thomas Tuchel

Leo_Messi

Like him a lot as a manager and his footballing philosophy. His contract with PSG ends in 2020 and he seems to be a great fit for them for now. Having established a close bound with the likes of Neymar and Mbappé who praise him often is obviously helping as well as the results that he has achieved so far.
Will be judged by his CL success though. Certainly a manager to keep a very close eye on as one of the potential replacements of Valverde.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/24/tactical-philosophy-thomas-tuchel/

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/tuchel-psg-ligue-1-tactical-analysis

https://www.martiperarnau.com/thomas-tuchels-positional-play-at-bvb/

[youtube]D_VO6yH43_Q[/youtube]

[youtube]8CzWPuUToEs[/youtube]

Time for us to have a German manager again. Even though Tuchel is an atypical German manager. Certainly a much better fit than Klopp would be.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

This guy is a big fan of us. You can just tell.

[youtube]GGyF2OK1o5A[/youtube]

"I love Barcelona".:lol:
[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] what is your take on Tuchel from his time at Dortmund? I recall you saying that you were a fan/follower of Borussia Dortmund. Would be interesting to hear your opinion about Tuchel's time at Dortmund. I did not follow Dortmund much from 2015 to 2017 other than the occasional top game and game.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This guy is a big fan of us. You can just tell.

[youtube]GGyF2OK1o5A[/youtube]

"I love Barcelona".:lol:
[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] what is your take on Tuchel from his time at Dortmund? I recall you saying that you were a fan/follower of Borussia Dortmund. Would be interesting to hear your opinion about Tuchel's time at Dortmund. I did not follow Dortmund much from 2015 to 2017 other than the occasional top game and game.

I wasn't much a fan of his when he was at BVB as I thought he didn't really make much of an improvement after Klopp left. I remember complaining about the slow transition between defense and offense, the erratic pace and the lack of quick runs and one-twos when they had possession of the ball etc. as they were struggling breaking down opponents' defense. Too slow to my liking, at least compared to Klopp's BVB.

Leo_Messi

Have to praise my timing of this thread. Amazing. Some kind of otherworldly jinxing or a sign from above.:lol:

One, QSG are out and obviously that puts Tuchel in a bad spot but honestly speaking he had little fault for this defeat. QSG are just not as good as some people believed and being eternal failures in the CL is not just something that you can throw away within 1 season.

However I like Tuchel and think that he would be an interesting option and the sooner he leaves QSG the better.

Another joke coach, way overrated.

Because of what exactly? For the QSG players having the spine of worms and failing in the CL for the 100th time in a row irrespective of manager? He tactically outclassed Ole in the first game. Not his fault that Pelé and Messi reincarnated (Mbappé) and company failed against one of the worst Man Utd teams on paper in recent history with an entire bench made off of high school kids.:lol:

Last edited:

Messigician

His style does NOT suit Barcelona. Too many fans on here who have NO idea what our style of foothall is like

Laplacian

KIIIIIIIING

Been bandwagoning him since his Dortmund days. Now literally no on can't talk shit about him being "unproven"

From coaching amateur football, third division clubs to Mainz to Dortmund to PSG to Chelsea to the UCL fucking trophy.

The fucking football pyramid.

Home of Barca Fans