Lliga | Round 26: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 0-1

Vilarrubi

[tw]1101211528026566657[/tw]

"Nike Barcelona 2019 El Clasico kit celebrates Nike and Barca's partnership with a retro-infused look, this time taking inspiration from the first-ever Nike FC Barcelona shirt from 1998"

Will they actually wear it for the game, or just walk on the pitch in it?

raskolnikov

If Real still had Ronaldo he would have put two past us last with the chances vinicius had. Who is a great talent but still lacks end game to finish of chances.

Overall Madrid were faster all over the pitch, had more chances and had us on the ropes while we were slow, created little and somehow put 3 past them.

Realistically you cant repeat that and hope to get a similair result. We would need Arthur back to make a difference in midfield atleast.
Luckily we have enough points to take some damage. If welose we can handle it, draw is fine and win damages Madrid greatly, puts them out of la liga race for sure and messes them up mentally before the Ajax return atleast.

So hopefully we win, but the flaws we saw a few days ago cant keep happening if you want to avoid Roma 2.0 this yeae.
I

Vilarrubi

If Real still had Ronaldo he would have put two past us last with the chances vinicius had.

Ronaldo wouldn’t have had the chances Vinicius had. He needs everything on a plate nowadays for tap ins. Vinicius was dribbling past Semedo etc something we haven’t seen Ronaldo do consistently for a few years.

Giginho75

Good shout, I forgot their CL game was after this weekend AND it’s on Tuesday. Expect a few rotations from them.

Mmmh...
they won away...not sure to go on in CL, but almost...
I think will play with the best eleven blancos.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Mmmh...
they won away...not sure to go on in CL, but almost...
I think will play the best eleven blancos.

The CL game is 100x more important for them than the game against us right now. The league is more or less over for them and they’ve had home defeats to CSKA, Levante, Sociedad, Girona this season...... Ajax are more than capable.

Giginho75

The CL game is 100x more important for them than the game against us right now. The league is more or less over for them and they’ve had home defeats to CSKA, Levante, Sociedad, Girona this season...... Ajax are more than capable.

Tbh, I didn't say "clasico is more important than Ajax".
I think RM has the last chance to keep LaLiga in life for them, then probably they will play with the best team.

PhilS

Valverde is hinting that some of the key players are too beat up or weary to start this game. So, I expect one or two surprises. We'll need the depth to keep us in the game for at least the first half. Then, he'll need to make the right two subs at halftime, like he did in the Sevilla game.

Leo_Messi

We will win once again. It was not a coincidence that RM did not convert any of their chances on Wednesday. They lack killers. Their most "dangerous" players a few days ago were a 31 year old Benzema who has never been a killer and a 18.5 year old Vinicius who has scored 3 goals while having had freaking 75 shots on goal!

Given our superior quality, total dominance in the domestic competitions, dominance in head to head matches in the past 10+ years and our incredible statistic at the Bernabéu, I cannot see us losing.

Messi won't have such a quite game again while Dembélé will be better too. Arthur might play as well and I doubt that even the likes of Valverde will commit the same mistake in leaving Semedo alone to counter Vinicius and Reguilón.

Anyway the most important game was Wednesday night (we played for a place in the CdR final and helped prevent RM win 1 of the 3 major trophies that both of us can win each season) and we can live with a draw although a win should be the goal as it always should.

Atlético will play against La Real at Anoeta tomorrow. I could very well see Atlético dropping points.

George_Costanza

Valverde is hinting that some of the key players are too beat up or weary to start this game. So, I expect one or two surprises. We'll need the depth to keep us in the game for at least the first half. Then, he'll need to make the right two subs at halftime, like he did in the Sevilla game.

I will be more than happy to see a few changes in the line-up, last game we were dominated by Real and created very few chances, thankfully we were clinical with our chances and they weren't.

I would like to see

Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
-------------Busquets
Arthur----------------Alena/Coutinho
Demebele---Messi-----Suarez

FC B

Ronaldo wouldn’t have had the chances Vinicius had. He needs everything on a plate nowadays for tap ins. Vinicius was dribbling past Semedo etc something we haven’t seen Ronaldo do consistently for a few years.

Exactly.

Devils

It's almost easy to forget that there is an El Clasico game today.

Real Madrid are just in utter shambles! It's sad in what used to be a match of very fine lines has come down to by how wide of a margin will we humiliate this disgusting club lmao!

Gonna sit back, relax and watch Barca destroy these bums ffs.

JerseyAddict

It's almost easy to forget that there is an El Clasico game today.

Real Madrid are just in utter shambles! It's sad in what used to be a match of very fine lines has come down to by how wide of a margin will we humiliate this disgusting club lmao!

Gonna sit back, relax and watch Barca destroy these bums ffs.

Word!

Home of Barca Fans