Sergio Reguilon

JamDav1982

None of that matters and nobody cares about it bar a small contingent who just want something to get up and mighty about. Real sold Morata to Juve with buyback. Bayern had to pay for a James 2-year loan. Teams go for these deals if they fit circumstances. And strategically it makes every bit of sense of Spurs to do it.

Bayern loaned Ordiozola as well with no purchase option.... yet no big club make these deals.

Birdy

None of that matters and nobody cares about it bar a small contingent who just want something to get up and mighty about. Real sold Morata to Juve with buyback. Bayern had to pay for a James 2-year loan. Teams go for these deals if they fit circumstances. And strategically it makes every bit of sense of Spurs to do it.

James was Ancelotti's wish, Bayern never really wanted him, did the same deal with Coutinho: having a rotational player and if, if, he turns out to be what they doubted they would considered buying him.
Nothing like buy-back clauses on young players that need development.
Juve with Morata confirms that Juve felt at the time (Morata was at the time they were starting to grow in the CL under Allegri) inferior to Madrid.

I bet there are not many other examples.
On the contrary, there are tons of examples of these deals happening between the Reals, Barcelonas, Bayerns etc on the one hand and the Sevillas, Villareals, Dortmunds etc on the other.
One can say Spurs does not feel being on par with Madrid, while Utd does

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Really like Reguillon as a player. Good that he leaves Madrid. If Mendy is injured, Madrid have to rely on ancient Marcelo or aging Nacho, which sounds good to me.

El Gato

Villarato!
James was Ancelotti's wish, Bayern never really wanted him, did the same deal with Coutinho: having a rotational player and if, if, he turns out to be what they doubted they would considered buying him.
Nothing like buy-back clauses on young players that need development.
Juve with Morata confirms that Juve felt at the time (Morata was at the time they were starting to grow in the CL under Allegri) inferior to Madrid.

I bet there are not many other examples.
On the contrary, there are tons of examples of these deals happening between the Reals, Barcelonas, Bayerns etc on the one hand and the Sevillas, Villareals, Dortmunds etc on the other.
One can say Spurs does not feel being on par with Madrid, while Utd does

A lot like buyback.
Bruh.. you're just arguing sacrificing autonomy makes a club smaller. Lol, it's just nonsense. It's about the deal and the circumstances.

Juve were a big club at the time, 3 time Serie A champion gunning for CL the season they bought him. Nothing about inferiority.
You're projecting a theory and your point of view onto a sensible club strategy, which is simply a fallacy. Clubs do it when they feel the deal is right for them at the time. United absolutely would have done it if circumstances were right, every season in the past 8 years, they'd have absolutely jumped at the chance of getting a promising RM/Barca player, say Casemiro, on buyback for 2-3 years in 2014. They are not right now, because they want stability and build long term trying to progress through top4. Spurs don't want it, they're building for the next 2 years, top4 is a minimum with a trophy need IMMEDIATELY and factoring in a likelihood they may have to rebuild soon after this cycle is over.

Gone from saying there are no examples you can think of to saying 'I bet there are not many other examples'.
Chelsea took Kovacic on loan without a purchase option and had to blag a fee before their transfer ban kicked in.
Arsenal agreed to Real's anti-Barca clause on Ozil - why would a big club like them give up an autonomy over who they choose to sell him on to? Answer being - why would they care? And they agreed to it.

The reason the clubs you put on the shelf of 'small teams' is because they have a different strategy promoting youth opportunity as their business model, it's what keeps them afloat, hence why they do them more often because they know they'll keep their position irrespective if somebody else is technically in control of their player's future. Spurs do not employ this strategy very often and having seen it as sensible makes them no worse.

Big club like Barcelona loaned Kevin Prince Boateng. Big club mentality eh? :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Pretty standard ignorant fella. No Neil Warnock at least and has a a point, he might take a while to settle in.

Or he might not :lol:

xXKonan

Gerard Romero, said his agents offered him to us and Cat Radio said we seem to be interested as well and that Reguilon is flattered by our interest.

Temptation

Linked to Barca now. Apparently his agent met Alemany in America and a loan or purchase(20 mil) is looking very possible.

Thoughts? Would you take him at Barca? Especially given his Madrid history.

Zidane82

Linked to Barca now. Apparently his agent met Alemany in America and a loan or purchase(20 mil) is looking very possible.

Thoughts? Would you take him at Barca? Especially given his Madrid history.

He was a prospect as a kid but never progressed
From what I saw last season he was ok at times but made so many errors..
Alba is a level above and so is Balde .

I would rather get Cucurella back .. he is available at 30 million

Temptation

He was a prospect as a kid but never progressed
From what I saw last season he was ok at times but made so many errors..
Alba is a level above and so is Balde .

I would rather get Cucurella back .. he is available at 30 million

He was good under Mourinho. After Mou left he stagnated.

I still rate him. He has loads of energy, pace and crosses well. Wasn't he voted the best LB in LL a few years back?? I think he'll be a good addition at a cheap price. He can be revitalized in his home country.

Zidane82

He was good under Mourinho. After Mou left he stagnated.

I still rate him. He has loads of energy, pace and crosses well. Wasn't he voted the best LB in LL a few years back?? I think he'll be a good addition at a cheap price. He can be revitalized in his home country.
He is a downgrade on Alba and Balde - makes no sense

Temptation

He is a downgrade on Alba and Balde - makes no sense

Is he worse than Balde?? Reguilon was best LB in LL a few years back.

He's far more energetic, young and explosive than Alba so he can definitely provide something. Alba is getting on a bit and can't play every minute.

Home of Barca Fans