Full name: Ederson Santana de Moraes

Date of birth: 17 August 1993

Place of birth: Osasco, Brazil

Height: 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)

Playing position: Goalkeeper

Current team: Manchester City

Premier-League-Liverpool-vs-Manchester-City.jpg

-
This guy's distribution/passing is ridiculous. I still remember that game against Man United this season when he had 4 players pressing him and he just played out the back like it was nothing.

-

Last edited:

Vahue

Interesting case this guy. Probably the best keeper in the world when it comes to passing the ball but he's lacking in other departments. Not world class overall imo.

EdmondDantes

He's just picked up a CL assist.

[tw]1098343445490515968[/tw]

That's his second assist this season.

The other:
[youtube]eGYaPFU0nDs[/youtube]

--

I think his goalkeeping is underrated, he's been pulling off some incredible saves of late. He's obviously no ter Stegen, but who is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he's a better distributor than ter Stegen. The best in the World at that IMO. Not as good a shot stopper though.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His passing range is ridiculous. Can easily spray the ball to any part of the pitch. Probably has the power to do so even further. As a GK however he is not elite, just a decent one.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He is. MAtS being flawless with his weaker foot brings more opportunities and his ball control is better. Often you see him control the ball basically on the goal line without fear which adds the possibility to pass to him even if the CBs are in a really deep position. Ederson is great on the ball but I like MAtS more, simple as that.

Newcomer

Barça got the best goalkeeper if you take into account all the facets of the game.

My soft spot is for Oblak though.

Jenks

Alisson (as well as MATS) is better.

Alisson is not even close. The guy has semi-regular howler moments. Ederson is incredible, not just in how calm he is and how accomplished his mid-range passing is, but how far he can kick the ball. You can't be offside from a goal kick and Ederson can practically hit the opposition D. Completely messes with the way the other side has to defend. He's accurate with it too.

BenRobbins

Ederson has the best distribution.

De gea is the best shot stopper.

MATS is the best combination of the two facets of the game, so can be seen as the best imo.

Alisson isn't even in the conversation, he is lucky liverpool are so good at the back this season otherwise he would be exposed really badly.

Porque

Don't forget that MATS has toned down his ball playing game with Valverde and is more pragmatic in his distribution. This has also curtailed his errors.

I think with a different manager (like Pep) we would see again that his distribution is indeed better than Edersons.

Just my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans