Vitão

xXKonan

Why not try to find some attacking talent in Brazil?
I wouldn't doubt we are trying to find attacking talent in Brazil.

Problem is attacking talent is Brazil is more expensive than just buying CBs or other defenders and far more riskier as well. With Defenders, you can get them pretty cheap and often there's a good chance that they are maybe good enough to turn it around and make a good profit off them or even keep for that matter.

When we brought Vitinho on loan from Palmeiras for the B team, he came with a 16 Million euro buy option and he has shown some good moments and could have turned out to be a pretty good player in his own right, But he didn't show he was worth the 16 Million euro pricetag he had on him for an 18/19 year old at the time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wouldn't doubt we are trying to find attacking talent in Brazil.

Problem is attacking talent is Brazil is more expensive than just buying CBs or other defenders and far more riskier as well. With Defenders, you can get them pretty cheap and often there's a good chance that they are maybe good enough to turn it around and make a good profit off them or even keep for that matter.

When we brought Vitinho on loan from Palmeiras for the B team, he came with a 16 Million euro buy option and he has shown some good moments and could have turned out to be a pretty good player in his own right, But he didn't show he was worth the 16 Million euro pricetag he had on him for an 18/19 year old at the time.

In that case the 40m Real Madrid spent for Vinicius was money well spent then, not much at all.

Jombi

Marlon had hardly played for fluminense. I think our scouts are more focused on Brazil U20 team than the first divison

like others pointed out, its an easy way to make profit

Marlon had plenty of games for Fluminense before we bought him.

Is it easy to make a profit doing this? I doubt it. Top class defenders from the Brazilian league are not that cheap, certainly not if they're highly coveted. This guy is a complete wild card with no games in the top division in Brazil. If we give them a high wage and they flop, we cant just expect them to ditch their fat contract with us and join Levante.

Last edited:

Messi983

According to Relevo Betis is in advaned negotiations with Shakhtar to sign Vitao in January. He's currently on loan back in Brazil at International and his contract is expiring in summer so should be cheap. Still only 23 so will be interesting to see how he'd do in La Liga. Could be getting good playing time too.

Pezzella and Chadi Riad are doing well but they have no depth behind them. Bartra is out longterm with a torn Achilles and Papasthathopoulus at 35 was just an emergency free agent signing two months ago.

E: Ramon Planes was here when we were interested in Vitao and he's now SD at Betis so this makes lot of sense.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans