CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Lyon 5-1 agg.

Gari

@totalBarca
During the match in Lyon, the houses of Memphis Depay, Lucas Tousart AND Pape Cheikh were all robbed.
Good Lord.:(

Bulgroz

Gap between poor and rich keeps growing. Not weird they strike bsck. Footballers with their millions andvshowing off on insta are easy targets.

I don't think it's that new. Been pretty common for players from Marseille these past 5-10 years I'd say (apparently, 11 players robbed between 2011 and 2019). They usuall do it on players that fans wand out of the team though (and it worked on several occasions, from Vitorino Hilton to Lucho Gonzales).

Leo_Messi

Same old shit in the CL, especially away from home. From the players (seniors in particular) to the "manager".

Even against an absolutely mediocre Lyon team they fail to score with Suárez being the principal reason for that. As usual.

Been saying it for years. This is not purely due to tactics or supposed fatigue. It is mental. We are dominating RM and Atlético Madrid in the two domestic competitions time and time again yet fail to impress against the exact same opponent in the CL in Atlético (2014 and 2016) or inferior opponents on paper and in practice compared to those two in Juve and Roma.

Not to mention the pathetic away displays since the triplete win back in 2015.

The team needs an cornicing away win in the quarter-finals should we advance against Lyon. Maybe that will remove this huge mental block or whatever is the problem. Not even entertaining the idea of us not making the quarter-finals.

Altomonte

it is interesting that this "mediocre Lyon" team still has not lost a match in this year's CL. They recently defeated PSG in League 1 and they were able to defeat Man City.
Actually, the only 3 still undefeated teams in CL are Lyon, Bayern and Barça.
Our next game at home against Lyon would be the first defeat for (hopefully) Lyon.
It was a miracle that they kept a clean sheet against Barça, should definitely not happen again at Camp Nou.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

it is interesting that this "mediocre Lyon" team still has not lost a match in this year's CL. They recently defeated PSG in League 1 and they were able to defeat Man City.
Actually, the only 3 still undefeated teams in CL are Lyon, Bayern and Barça.
Our next game at home against Lyon would be the first defeat for (hopefully) Lyon.
It was a miracle that they kept a clean sheet against Barça, should definitely not happen again at Camp Nou.

Which quality teams other than Man City, let us just forget the fact that their win over Man City came against an already qualified (no way that Man City would not have qualified from such a weak CL group) Man City team that used numerous bench players, have Lyon met in the CL before meeting us 2 days ago? A game that they should have lost 0-2 or 0-3 if Suárez and certain other players could have hit the ball better. Their win against QSG came in an irrelevant game with the league already decided and QSG focusing on bigger tasks (more important games).

Lyon is an average team compared to the elite teams. There is no doubt about that. It would be an utter disgrace for us to go out against such a team.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

Lyon is an average team compared to the elite teams. There is no doubt about that. It would be an utter disgrace for us to go out against such a team.

I agree. and I think it will be a 2-3 goal margin WIN for Barça... but... put EV into the equation and just replace Lyon with Roma in sentences above.

eaman

Which quality teams other than Man City, let us just forget the fact that their win over Man City came against an already qualified (no way that Man City would not have qualified from such a weak CL group) Man City team that used numerous bench players, have Lyon met in the CL before meeting us 2 days ago? A game that they should have lost 0-2 or 0-3 if Suárez and certain other players could have hit the ball better. Their win against QSG came in an irrelevant game with the league already decided and QSG focusing on bigger tasks (more important games).

It was only the second group game so man city were nowhere near qualified and they played a strong team. Lyon also drew with them at home and beat psg and I think they drew with psg last year. We played better than city it was just our finishing which will hopefully be improved in the coming weeks

Leo_Messi

I agree. and I think it will be a 2-3 goal margin WIN for Barça... but... put EV into the equation and just replace Lyon with Roma in sentences above.

I believe that as well. There is no way that we are going out against this Lyon side. Fekir returning should not make a huge difference for them. We will have Arthur back, maybe Umtiti and hopefully a more in-form Messi, Suárez and Dembélé up front. Who knows, maybe Valverde will grow some balls and use Coutinho in the midfield alongside Busquets and Arthur and go all-in from the beginning? Most likely not but we certainly have the firepower to win comfortable at home.

It was only the second group game so man city were nowhere near qualified and they played a strong team. Lyon also drew with them at home and beat psg and I think they drew with psg last year. We played better than city it was just our finishing which will hopefully be improved in the coming weeks

Already answered in post 294. Lyon is a decent team but they are not an impressive team by any means compared to the elite teams of Europe that we remain a part of all things considered. I don't think that this can be argued against. Their performance against an out of form Barça team at home did certainly not change this opinion of mine.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Really hope that I won't have to curse the team nor Valverde in 8 days time. Really have a strange intuition and feeling about this game. Few of us expected such a successful run (the past 4 away games) and with that in mind I can't stop thinking that we are bound for some disappointment soon. Hopefully it won't be in that return leg against Lyon. 0-0 away results are always tricky. In particular as we should have won that game 1-3 or 1-4. Alas.

FinBarcelonafan

Really hope that I won't have to curse the team nor Valverde in 8 days time. Really have a strange intuition and feeling about this game. Few of us expected such a successful run (the past 4 away games) and with that in mind I can't stop thinking that we are bound for some disappointment soon. Hopefully it won't be in that return leg against Lyon. 0-0 away results are always tricky. In particular as we should have won that game 1-3 or 1-4. Alas.

Please at least get through this round and then we can be disappointed as usual..

wisconsincule

Think we’re going to batter Lyon. We just beat fucking Real Madrid twice in Madrid!!! They’ve got a week to recover and get back after it.

Home of Barca Fans