CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Lyon 5-1 agg.

Leo_Messi

The game against Valladolid was probably our worst game this season with Piqué being our only decent performer and with a Messi that did not look like himself yet scored and created at least 3-4 100% chances for his teammates. Speaks volume about his level even when he is at his worst.

I want to believe that the players were saving energy, hence the pathetically slow pace of the game that Piqué called out afterwards, for the CL tie against Lyon tomorrow night. I certainly cannot imagine such a performance two games in a row.

I think that we will see a fired up team wanting to prove our doubters wrong. Girona's win (gift) should give the team added confidence. Our basketball team's Copa del Rey win against RM likewise.

My only fear is that Valverde will use the Busquets, Rakitic and Vidal midfield again. That and Coutinho playing upfront. If we are going to use this midfield trio, Dembélé MUST start. Otherwise we will have zero pace other than Alba and Semedo. A Semedo who will be left alone on the entire right flank without Dembélé playing to add further misery.

Lyon won't be an easy opponent, in particular away from home, but if the team is remotely motivated (which they damn better be!), I cannot see us losing this game and not scoring at least 1 goal.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

The game against Valladolid was probably our worst game this season with Piqué being our only decent performer and with a Messi that did not look like himself yet scored and created at least 3-4 100% chances for his teammates. Speaks volume about his level even when he is at his worst.

I want to believe that the players were saving energy, hence the pathetically slow pace of the game that Piqué called out afterwards, for the CL tie against Lyon tomorrow night. I certainly cannot imagine such a performance two games in a row.

I think that we will see a fired up team wanting to prove our doubters wrong. Girona's win (gift) should give the team added confidence. Our basketball team's Copa del Rey win against RM likewise.

My only fear is that Valverde will use the Busquets, Rakitic and Vidal midfield again. That and Coutinho playing upfront. If we are going to use this midfield trio, Dembélé MUST start. Otherwise we will have zero pace other than Alba and Semedo. A Semedo who will be left alone on the entire right flank without Dembélé playing to add further misery.

Lyon won't be an easy opponent, in particular away from home, but if the team is remotely motivated (which they damn better be!), I cannot see us losing this game and not scoring at least 1 goal.

I think we could partly solve the problem of our right side, if Alena plays RCM, since he is more attacking than Rakitić. But with that, Semedo must play, since Alena wouldn't help covering for Bob.

But yeah, our right side will likely be dead again, since our Lucho copycat manager will likely try to reinstall the MSN tactics, without Neymar and with Suarez and Messi being older.

henias

I think we could partly solve the problem of our right side, if Alena plays RCM, since he is more attacking than Rakitić. But with that, Semedo must play, since Alena wouldn't help covering for Bob.

But yeah, our right side will likely be dead again, since our Lucho copycat manager will likely try to reinstall the MSN tactics, without Neymar and with Suarez and Messi being older.

I'm almost certain it would be the same outdated MSN tactics, with extra 2 DMs for ultimate stability.

Vilarrubi

Chances of Alena starting are slim imo just based on experience. But then again that midfield of Raki/Busi/Vidal away to Bilbao was fuckin horrible. Surely he can’t start that midfield again.

Calidad

Valverde just tries the same thing over and over again, wrongly hoping for, or expecting a different outcome.

Messigician

Let's hope Ter Stegen rallies the boys

Barcelona defender, Javier Mascherano, has revealed the inspiring rallying cry from the unlikely source of Marc-Andre ter Stegen during their dramatic Champions League win over PSG.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Spanish side needed to win by four clear goals just to force the tie into extra time, so when Edinson Cavani found the back of the net to make it 3-1, the tie looked as if it was well and truly over.*

"After we conceded the goal, Ter Stegen started screaming: 'We never die, we are Barcelona!" Mascherano*​said*after the game. "He continued screaming: 'We will win. We will win!' At one point I told Busquets that Ter Stegen wasn't okay."

Zidane82

[youtube]TvXxrMbpzO8[/youtube]
[youtube]i7XnM3MkxBM[/youtube]

Time to relive the classics

Gawd how I’d love to have Eto now instead of poor old Suarez who seems to have grown old all of a sudden ..

I’d try Messi in a slightly withdrawn CF position flan by Dembele and Malcom.... if only for the first 30 minutes

How I miss that team, everyone knowing were to stand were to move, no improvisation and no laziness, every player following a common goal that was winning.

clemente

Just wish CL knockouts weren't at the same time, Liverpool-Bayern is a must-watch and it is annoying to watch 2 games on 2 screens.

Home of Barca Fans