Giovani Lo Celso

khaled_a_d

We should make use of that with someone down the road (Alena? Puig? Collado?).

I think if he truly wanted any of our La Masia talents he would get it easily on loan.
But when offer it, it isn't as sure as when he asks for a player. Because he might just take it as a cheap option for the bench and that won't help our players

Porque

I think if he truly wanted any of our La Masia talents he would get it easily on loan.
But when offer it, it isn't as sure as when he asks for a player. Because he might just take it as a cheap option for the bench and that won't help our players

Yeah, I think if they are looking to replace Lo Celso for example, then the only one who has proven he can step into LaLiga level right now and potentially "blow up" with Setie-Ball is Alena. But for a club like Betis it is not the same to play a loanee than develop your own for re-sale value. Such is the football business these days.

Jair Ventura

Real Betis losing 0-2. Great news.
[MENTION=22241]Porque[/MENTION] one day one of you will have to explain this weird obsession you have with me.

mia7007

Do we really need more midfielders?
We have 3 experienced Busi, Raki and Vidal.
We have Arthur in early 20s
And De Jong, Alena and Puig in their early career with high potential.
And we may get Rabiot too, even if we are replacing step by step Busi and Raki with Vidal leaving in 1 more season. Don’t see any need for more replacements for the midfield (with Roberto May end up in midfield too after Wague starts to join first team as sub RB), let’s focus on Pique, Alba and Suarez replacement

Sorin

Lol.

They will buy him regardless of what happens this season.

He probably expects Lo Celso to not want to sign with Betis and return to psg or something.

Then again, Betis can exercise the option to buy him and imediately sell him to another team if he doesn't want to stay. Bottom line, he's not returning to psg, unless they want to overpay for a player they had in the palm of their hands in the first place. :lol:

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Lol.

They will buy him regardless of what happens this season.

Maybe, or maybe he’ll ask to return so he can compete in the UCL. If their decision were so simple I can’t imagine why the move is contingent upon European qualification.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe, or maybe he’ll ask to return so he can compete in the UCL. If it their decision were so simple I can’t imagine why the deals permanence is contingent upon European qualification.

In that case they'll use their option to buy him and sell him for a small profit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Players have a say in where they move.

In these cases the players usually have a contract agreed in case the club want to activate their buy-option. Like James Rodriguez in Bayern.

Now he might want to leave, but that won't stop Betis from trying to make a small profit off him.

Messi983

None of us knows what Lo Celso wants so it's everyones guess. But I think after establishing himself as a key player for Betis it would be a step back in his career returning to PSG and again not getting regular minutes there. It's probably the best for his career staying at Betis for another season before going to a bigger club.

And well, if he wants to stay in Spain and Betis will promise him to sell to Barça/Real whether this or next year his decision would be even easier.

Andresito

Staff member
Players have a say in where they move.

Could you give an example of a buy option that has been cancelled because the player didn't want to move?

I always thought the player agrees to that clause when the loan deal is signed, meaning he has no option to say no now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans