Barca renews Valverde's contract

Nazario1985

Honest question (please be pragmatic) : if this "not so" good Coach (to stay polite) is sacked tomorrow will you accept the idea of us being managed by Mourinho ?

Not taking into account Pique's opinion cause he sure prefere to get out of the club rather than get in touch with the special one

malvolio

Honest question (please be pragmatic) : if this "not so" good Coach (to stay polite) is sacked tomorrow will you accept the idea of us being managed by Mourinho ?

Not taking into account Pique's opinion cause he sure prefere to get out of the club rather than get in touch with the special one

Apart from the bad blood between our fans, players, club and him, there is the small matter of him being just a stubborn mule who plays shite football, with no philosophy and not even great results in the past years.

So why take him on board when we are so sure that he will stink up the place?

Nazario1985

Apart from the bad blood between our fans, players, club and him, there is the small matter of him being just a stubborn mule who plays shite football, with no philosophy and not even great results in the past years.

So why take him on board when we are so sure that he will stink up the place?

His presonality sure stinks but he can get something with medium players available to him, i can't think of him being @FCB the past 3 years and NOT doing a better job than EV at least in those CL knock outs where everyone knows the opposing team are going ham on us

Givenchy

No to Valverde, no to Jose and his Krap football

Moureen would weed out these entitled bottling senior diva cucks though. considering this season is most likely a throw away under EV anyway, Mourinho could clear the squad out ready for someone like ten Hag

RIZALDINHO

no i won't i don't want to watch us play boring football (we already do that anyway with valverde being manager) we will play under jose if we hired him,

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's basically like asking which way you want to die.

Do you want to drown or bleed out?

malvolio

Moureen would weed out these entitled bottling senior diva cucks though. considering this season is most likely a throw away under EV anyway, Mourinho could clear the squad out ready for someone like ten Hag

like he did in madrid? player power is immense at clubs like real and barcelona.

also, we have players that won it all. what could mourinho tell them? he succeeded when the odds where against him, at clubs who haven't won much or were sleeping giants. this mentality of "us against the world" doesn't work when you already are the top dogs in club football. the players might initially follow your mad approach, but when results aren't there and you as manager throw them under the bus in the press conference, its a matter o time before they kick you out.

serghei

I would totally take Mourinho instead of this clown. Wouldn't even think twice. If only for the joy of seeing these pampered veterans being slammed publicly.

I can guarantee you Mourinho wouldn't bottle a 3-0 and 4-1 lead vs Liverpool and Roma.

Vilarrubi

I would totally take Mourinho instead of this clown. Wouldn't even think twice. If only for the joy of seeing these pampered veterans being slammed publicly.

I can guarantee you Mourinho wouldn't bottle a 3-0 and 4-1 lead vs Liverpool and Roma.

+1

Mourinho isn't as good as he used to be but even in his latest stints with Chelsea and United he still won a PL title, 2x EFL Cup, Europa League and finished 2nd to Man City with that United squad. He's LEVELS above Retardo Wankverde.

Devils

Mourinho is 10x the manager.

I'd even take Tata Martino over Valverde (who is a piece of shit btw).

Sailor Mars

Hiring Mourinho would be a scorched earth policy. Its only useful if you want to get rid of the old entitled guard like pique, suarez, alba, and Busquets. Rather try a different manager to see if he can squeeze something out of this team.
Otherwise, Mourinho wouldn't be a bad option. He did promise to play "attractive football" when he applied for the Barca job in 2008.

devo901

Mo is an excellent trainer, with good track record. His work style is very bossy / commanding yet clever. He knows he is good, he does everything to win, he is relentless - and he tells everyone that he is good.

He never backs down in a confrontation. So sensitiv characters like Messi/Luis/Coutinhou/Fati/Raki will have a hard time.
So this might result in a pure refusal or confrontation with Vidal (?) and strong minded players.
Today I suppose EV is playing the nice uncle in the locker room - not the strong emporer. To some extend, its ok, you cant command players like 10 year old - and it works, to some extend. But EV is not a motivational monster like Klopp. Anyhow the team does not have a problem with EV, he lets them play... despite some lacklustering games and some dooming generation switches we will see.

Usually Mo played tactics (Inter,e.g) that controls the play without ball possesion. (aka. parking the bus) so this might not meet the fan expectations - nor do we have the defensiv/marathon runners & speedy counter players that this style takes. (right, or not?) Imagine Suarez in a couter-attack these days...

Overall Mo is always fun and entertaining, but I imagine the risk of it ending in an huge clash/turbulence, if he is as blunt/aggro, as he appears in interviews....

Last edited:
When is this coach carousell going to end? We use to think long term, give controller to young, energetic, revolutionary minds with urge to build an Empire, to build something never seen before...

Mentioning Mourinho shows how low we are at this moment... who would've known just few years ago...

Home of Barca Fans