Barca renews Valverde's contract

Giginho75

Its not about finding the perfect choice but rather about getting rid of bad choices when its quite apparent it doesn't work?? not just the coach but the players as well at times..

Because it's quite clear that the board thinks differently than you and many other users.

We can agree or not with this choice, but I think that the board believes that EV worked well in this two seasons and deserves to stay on the bench.

Probably for them there aren't today a better profile (in Europe or in the Barca's world) than EV.

Probably the board thinks also that EV is not the main guilty of the CL elimination.

eaman

Because it's quite clear that the board thinks differently than you and many other users.

We can agree or not with this choice, but I think that the board believes that EV worked well in this two seasons and deserves to stay on the bench.

Probably for them there aren't today a better profile (in Europe or in the Barca's world) than EV.

Probably the board thinks also that EV is not the main guilty of the CL elimination.

I have stuck up for valverde at times but he has to take most of the blame for the champions league exit. Mainly for starting 3 defensive midfielders in both games. He should have recognised that we were outplayed in the midfield in the first leg and were lucky to have such a big lead and then play the same midfield in the second leg. All he had to do was play Arthur and more than likely we would have gotten through

JerseyAddict

As we are loosing vs Eibar if Barça doesn't win CDR EV should be booted ... when I think of it, He should be booted either way...

Howlgrana

Shocking display again, with EV tactic of no tactics, just make the players give the ball to Messi and hope he scores. And as expected Messi has bailed out the team again with two goals. The play was like a mid-table team.

The only thing we can hope is to not win the Copa, the board will see sense and get rid of him. I mean sacrificing one Copa is a good price to pay to get this idiot out of the club.

DAMNit

I can understand the choice of Bartomeu.

Many users think EV is the first guilty of the two main disasters of last two seasons (Rome and Anfield), but in my opinion the players have the most of the faults.

Furthermore is not so simple finding another Cruijff or Pep for the bench.

Yeah, because Enrique was an absolute failure right?

abbbs97

Would you guys take Sarri as a replacement? Rumours are that he is leaving Chelsea, probably to Juve
I'd take anyone over EV right now. But Sarri is very stubborn on rotations and he's made questionable subs with Chelsea. I'd prefer Setien.

LABarcaFan

No mater who is the coach, the team will be the same shit next season. Messi is an legend and he will stay until his last day with Barca. But the other veterans are done. Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez have to continue their career somewhere else. Coutinho, Rafina, Umtiti. Cilessen and Malcolm are also useless. They need to be traded or sold. Barca need new players. Younger players, who can perform at a high level for many years. By paying 120 mil euros for someone like Griezmann, the management shows that they have no clear plan of rebuilding this team. That is why, it is not important who will be the coach.

abbbs97

No mater who is the coach, the team will be the same shit next season. Messi is an legend and he will stay until his last day with Barca. But the other veterans are done. Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez have to continue their career somewhere else. Coutinho, Rafina, Umtiti. Cilessen and Malcolm are also useless. They need to be traded or sold. Barca need new players. Younger players, who can perform at a high level for many years. By paying 120 mil euros for someone like Griezmann, the management shows that they have no clear plan of rebuilding this team. That is why, it is not important who will be the coach.

I think it is mostly on the manager. Pique is still good, he's been excellent in the last couple of months. Plus, we'll hopefully have de Ligt coming in. Agreed with you on Busquets, Rakitic and Suarez. Vidal can still offer us something but not as a starter. Coutinho has to go. We're also planning on selling Rafinha and Cilessen.

Get a new manager and clear most of the squad out. I'm in favor of signing Griezmann because he'll be replacing Suarez and god knows how much we need goals especially in the UCL. There is no one else on the market that is already world class and can guarantee us goals. IF we get a new and good manager and can clear out most of the squad, I'd be optimistic. but thats a big if.

LABarcaFan

.."eaman"... that was no mistake from Valverde. You are 3 goals ahead and all you need to do is to play solid defense and make sure the reds are not going to outscore you. The lost came from the very unorthodox playing style of Pique and Alba. They spent much more time near the Liverpool's penalty box, then in their own. Both of them have no business there. On the other hand, Suarez and Coutinho played maybe their worst games and Valverde did not have anyone better to take them out. The main problem of Barcelona in the last 5-6 years is that the team rely heavily on Leonel Messi. Dembele is a talented forward, but he is injury prone. Coutinho, Malcolm and Boateng are for sale. Then, why are we blaming the coach? The problems are coming from the front office and mainly from the president - Bartomeu. He need to step down.

Home of Barca Fans