Barca renews Valverde's contract

Giginho75

Bartomeu confirmed EV two times in the last weeks (after Anfield and Copa final).

Really funny the football world.

Anyway now I'm doubtful about the names.
I read the names of Allegri, Martinez and Koeman...

Mmmh...

Last edited:

ATLBarcaFan

This club is an absolute joke, how can this guy not be replaced after watching this team play the last two seasons. Oh well, there won't be any trophies with guy around but at least I'll get to enjoy watching Messi for a couple more years.

LABarcaFan

Look. You have to realize that this Barcelona team sucks. Suarez is one big zero. Coutinho is the same. Boateng... well, I don't even want to comment his name. Dembele, as usual is injured and out. Malcolm... I had very big expectations and hopes that he will be our best striker, but as you have seen, he could not show anything valuable to this squad, that is why, Bartomeu want to trade or sell him. Don't fool yourself. Malcolm instead of Coutinho would have not change anything at all. From almost 4 years, the system of Barcelona is to give the ball to Messi and have him finish the attacks. That works against some teams, but it did not work against this Valencia team. Messi is tired. He has very low gas level in his tank. His speed is not the same as 5 years ago. His dribble is not the same. His shots are not going to the target. Even his free kicks are not as deadly as before. So, when you have Leo at 50-60 % and no one else helping him to create or score, this is what happens. Embarrassing exit from the Champions League. Embarrassing defeat at Copa del Rey final. And if things did not change, from top to the last player, this agony will continue and get even worst.

LABarcaFan

Those three you mentioned are not world class. Luuk de Jong and Sam Lammers are not even close to being world class. Pepe would not cost 15m, he would cost more than 60m. Griezmann 'only' scored 15 goals because he played in a defensive system, and at Barca it is not a defensive system so he'll score so much more than Suarez. He is so much better than Suarez and he will score all the UCL goals that Suarez missed all these seasons. People are underestimating how good Griezmann really is.

Well, no world class manager is available right now to replace EV as ideally I want Erik Ten Hag-but he wont leave Ajax this year. I'd go for Setien since he's available. I think he'd do well here. Anyone but EV.

Yah! Unfortunately (for you, not for me) Valverde will stay at least for one more year and next year, we can bring in Ten Hag or Ronald Koeman.

LABarcaFan

In a heartbeat! He's the image opposite of the Valv.

Can't go wrong with him. And we certainly could use some of his magic _ his brand of football, Sarri-ball, is known for being innovative and super entertaining. A kind of vertical tiki-taka, using quick short passes and rapid dashes on the wings. Guy is a demanding maniac, and knows how to extract the best out of his players.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/18-quotes-to-explain-maurizio-sarris-philosophy-he-sees-things-others-dont/

The problem here is that Sarri is not that stupid to accept Barcelona's job. At the moment, we are absolute mess, and for that reason, no respectable coach will take Valverde's position.

Giginho75

The problem here is that Sarri is not that stupid to accept Barcelona's job. At the moment, we are absolute mess, and for that reason, no respectable coach will take Valverde's position.

What!?!? 😲😲😲
Sarri would run if Barca proposes to him to become the new coach.

weloveyuner

At least Sarri has a system. What is Valverde's system besides the constant, predictable lineup? Sarri also has the balls to stand up to his players. Nothing is changing with Valverde.

weloveyuner

What is wrong with you! You make it sound like we're a dumpster fire. All we need is the right coach and a few transfers.

snowy

Looks like he's heading to Rococo Torino ... hope Dyb stays after all _ would be interesting to see how Sarri could make him jive with CR!

Home of Barca Fans