Lliga | Round 24: FC Barcelona - Valladolid 1-0

messi2140

6racies Xavi
The old and senior players need rest , cant take any chances against the upcoming game against Lyon. I would like to see something like this

--------------MATS------------
Semedo-Murillo-Lenglet-Vermaelen/Miranda
------------Roberto-----------
-------Alena-------Coutinho------
Malcom-------KPB----Dembele

FCBfan22

The old and senior players need rest , cant take any chances against the upcoming game against Lyon. I would like to see something like this

Fucking hell, please no. NOOOOOOO!

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Fucking hell, please no. NOOOOOOO!

I want Alba fully rested against Lyon. I know Vermaelen is a disaster there but from what we have seen from Miranda he wasn't that good either. I guess you can throw in Roberto there and play one of the senior player as a midfielder ( be it Busi or Raki)

shadows

a line up without ALL of the seniors.....wishful thinking :valverde:

Hell Valverde wouldnt even play this line up in the dead rubber against Tottenham..and you think he will in a liga game.. :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
a line up without ALL of the seniors.....wishful thinking :valverde:

Hell Valverde wouldnt even play this line up in the dead rubber against Tottenham..and you think he will in a liga game.. :lol:

Which is why I said that's what I would like to see.

247.gif

soul24rage

I would go for your lineup (Miranda>Vermaelen at LB for me), but as shadows said, it's wishful thinking. Will not be surprised to see the likes of messi, suarez, rakitic on the field and malcom on the bench

mc_lovin

Match rhythm is a thing as well... I wouldnt just blindly rotate all the senior players, especially after a week off. Suarez would be my first pick to rest.

FCBfan22

I want Alba fully rested against Lyon. I know Vermaelen is a disaster there but from what we have seen from Miranda he wasn't that good either. I guess you can throw in Roberto there and play one of the senior player as a midfielder ( be it Busi or Raki)

Miranda on his most horrible day is still 10 times better than Vermaelen. Vermaelen at LB is one of the most horrible sights I have seen this season.

soul24rage

Match rhythm is a thing as well... I wouldnt just blindly rotate all the senior players, especially after a week off. Suarez would be my first pick to rest.

match rhythm is a thing, true. But we also have to keep in mind that we are going to play 4 difficult away games in a row with Lyon, Sevilla and RM twice, so the likes of messi, suarez, rakitic will 99% play in all those games with no rest in between. I don't think having played the last time over a week would throw away the match rhythm.

FinBarcelonafan

match rhythm is a thing, true. But we also have to keep in mind that we are going to play 4 difficult away games in a row with Lyon, Sevilla and RM twice, so the likes of messi, suarez, rakitic will 99% play in all those games with no rest in between. I don't think having played the last time over a week would throw away the match rhythm.

Exactly! Rest them all when we have a chance.

BBZ8800

We have only +6 points with 15 rounds to go.

I get you, if we would play like that and WIN, that is a huge win-win.
On the other hand, since we would have:
Malcom, out of match rhytm.
Prince, terribly out of rhytm.
Dembele, returning from an injury.
Roberto, not a midfielder (anymore).
Alena, learning how to play on a top level.
Coutinho, not a midfielder and never played with 4 out of 5 players around him in this lineup.
Vermaelen/Miranda, no comment needed.
Attacking line never played together.
Midfield line never played together.
Defensive line never played together.

Basically, this lineup is a bomb waiting to explode and cause problems.
Imagine if we lose or draw, we would have only +3 or +4 over RM with 14 rounds to go.

That would mean that EV would play the best 11 in every round till the end.
So, we would rest players for Lyon and we would get dead tired players for quarters and semis.

I am not saying that we should play the strongest 11, but I would play only 2-3-4 new players.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yup, even at Camp Nou we can't take things for granted considering we have already lost quite a few under Valverde at home.

Rotate but don't go crazy.

FCBfan22

Roberto-Murillo-Lenglet-Alba
-------------Rakitić------------
-------Alena-------Vidal-------
Dembele----Messi----Coutinho

Subs:
Alba for Semedo
Rakitić for Busi
Messi for Suarez

The last 2 subs should be done ASAP in the 2nd half. The first one later, since Alba didn't play this weekend. Dembele needs to get back in rythm.

Fully rested starters for Lyon: Pique, Semedo.
Rested for a half: Rakitić, Busquets, Messi, Suarez
A couple of minutes of rest: Alba

That's 7 outfield starters for Lyon getting a bit of rest. For Lyon, I would go with:

---------------MATS---------------
Semedo---Pique--Lenglet---Alba
--------------Busquets------------
--------Alena---------Rakitić-----
---Messi----Suarez----Dembele-

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
We have only +6 points with 15 rounds to go.

I get you, if we would play like that and WIN, that is a huge win-win.
On the other hand, since we would have:
Malcom, out of match rhytm.

Prince, terribly out of rhytm.

Dembele, returning from an injury.
Roberto, not a midfielder (anymore).
Alena, learning how to play on a top level.
Coutinho, not a midfielder and never played with 4 out of 5 players around him in this lineup.
Vermaelen/Miranda, no comment needed.
Attacking line never played together.
Midfield line never played together.
Defensive line never played together.

Basically, this lineup is a bomb waiting to explode and cause problems.
Imagine if we lose or draw, we would have only +3 or +4 over RM with 14 rounds to go.

That would mean that EV would play the best 11 in every round till the end.
So, we would rest players for Lyon and we would get dead tired players for quarters and semis.

I am not saying that we should play the strongest 11, but I would play only 2-3-4 new players.

Going over the players that are causing you concern:

-Malcom: Was the best forward against Real Madrid a week ago and it's not late yet for him to build momentum on that
-Prince : Ill give you that but its not like a tired Suarez would do any better as shown against Bilbao
-Dembele: One of the most important players of Barca even if he just came back from an injury
-Roberto: While he might not be a midfielder anymore , I'm certain that he will play better as a DM than a RB
-Alena: Lets just agree to disagree on this one
-Coutinho: He has been a disaster on the LW time and time again , There is no way he will do worse as a midfielder
-Vermaelen/Miranda: I can agree with you on that

Let's be real here BBZ , there is more than enough talent and skill in that lineup to beat a 15th placed la liga team in the Camp Nou.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We aren't going to rest many players, players need some momentum and resting them 10 days is the opposite of that.
Think we will go with strongest 11, and in this case I think it will be right decision

Home of Barca Fans