14 - João Félix

GoodKid

I think people don't realise how good this kid is. He's not just another talent, in my opinion he's world class already. For 120m he would be a bargain.

George_Costanza

But you see, price is the point since his value/quality doesn't match the level of money we'll have to pay for him. Doesn't matter if he is Suarez' replacement or Messi's. With City, United, Liverpool or Juventus after him we can forget about getting him cheaper. Maybe the price will not hit 100m but anything above 50-60m is too much for him and I honestly don't see the fee going lower than 90m with all bonuses included.

Suarez aside what's so different about Aguero and Lewandowski from a style point of view?

50-60m? lol I think you don't know who is Joao Felix. Think of him as the FDJ of strikers. How much did we pay for FDJ? How much did we pay for Dembele? I think something between 80-90m is more like it. If Jovic price is 80m, you bet Felix will be sold for much higher. This is the current state of the transfer market and current player valuations and wages.

About Lewa, he is more like a poacher/target man, tall and physically strong, his job is to receive the ball generally aerial. Similar style to Drogba, Ibra (in his few final seasons), Giroud, Mandzukic..etc. Aguero, on the other hand, is a very creative gifted player, he is a good finisher but also contribute in other areas like pulls defenders out of their position with his movement, can be adept on the wings and play as a second striker although his preferred position is central forward.

Sorin

50-60m? lol I think you don't know who is Joao Felix. Think of him as the FDJ of strikers. How much did we pay for FDJ? How much did we pay for Dembele? I think something between 80-90m is more like it. If Jovic price is 80m, you bet Felix will be sold for much higher. This is the current state of the transfer market and current player valuations and wages.

Maybe I don't know who Joao Felix is but give me examples of clubs being in for him from last year since that's when interest for De Jong started to pick up. The dutchman's hype had time to grow it's my point. Personally, the first time I've heard about him was the 5th of February when this thread was made and I believe much of the posters around here and around the world have only heard about him this year.

De Jong meanwhile had suitors from last year in May iirc, has since gone and qualified for the quarters of the CL with strong performances against the likes of Bayern Munich. Has qualified for the Nations League final four with awesome games against the likes of France and Germany.

Dembele, when he was at Rennes, was wanted by half of Europe including us, has gone to Dortmund and confirmed the hype, playing even better than at Rennes so it wasn't just few months of playing decent in a second tier league. And even then, he cost so much because what happened that summer with Neymar's transfer and our awful, awful manner of dealing with Dormund. He was never worth the money we paid for him but we were taken to the cleaners due to circumstances that won't apply to a supposed Felix transfer.

What has Joao Felix done to warrant the same money as De Jong or Dembele again? Few months of decent performances and he's the real deal and costs close to 100m? Sorry, it's not comparable at all. The former 2 confirmed the hype in stronger leagues and had more than 3 months of good play against the likes of Beleneses and Dinamo Zagreb.

About Lewa, he is more like a poacher/target man, tall and physically strong, his job is to receive the ball generally aerial. Similar style to Drogba, Ibra (in his few final seasons), Giroud, Mandzukic..etc. Aguero, on the other hand, is a very creative gifted player, he is a good finisher but also contribute in other areas like pulls defenders out of their position with his movement, can be adept on the wings and play as a second striker although his preferred position is central forward.

Aguero from these last years is different than Aguero from 3 years ago when Pep came to City. Hell, he benched Aguero for periods of time because he couldn't hack it in his system with all the interplay, passing and pressing. Jesus was preferred instead of him ffs. To his credit, he adapted and now is a much more rounded forward.

Lewa, meanwhile never had such problems with Pep when he was at Bayern and I think you misjudge Lewa pretty badly when you say he is a poacher. He has even better technique than Aguero and his interplay and passing is top notch for a centre forward, as is his understating of pressing. For me, its not in doubt, I would have preferred prime/peak Lewa more than Aguero because, while it may not have been his fault entirely, I have seen Aguero play with Messi for the national team and it's nothing to brag about. I would always think he might replicate the same shit for Barcelona.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my main point is not that Joao Felix is not talented or won't transform into a world beater, just that he needs to confirm the hype for a year at least and against teams of CL quality, before we decide to splash huge money on him. We just can't make any more huge purchases for unpolished products that might make it or not. We need sure things and Joao Felix is not.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Maybe I don't know who Joao Felix is but give me examples of clubs being in for him from last year since that's when interest for De Jong started to pick up. The dutchman's hype had time to grow it's my point. Personally, the first time I've heard about him was the 5th of February when this thread was made and I believe much of the posters around here and around the world have only heard about him this year.

De Jong meanwhile had suitors from last year in May iirc, has since gone and qualified for the quarters of the CL with strong performances against the likes of Bayern Munich. Has qualified for the Nations League final four with awesome games against the likes of France and Germany.

Dembele, when he was at Rennes, was wanted by half of Europe including us, has gone to Dortmund and confirmed the hype, playing even better than at Rennes so it wasn't just few months of playing decent in a second tier league. And even then, he cost so much because what happened that summer with Neymar's transfer and our awful, awful manner of dealing with Dormund. He was never worth the money we paid for him but we were taken to the cleaners due to circumstances that won't apply to a supposed Felix transfer.

What has Joao Felix done to warrant the same money as De Jong or Dembele again? Few months of decent performances and he's the real deal and costs close to 100m? Sorry, it's not comparable at all. The former 2 confirmed the hype in stronger leagues and had more than 3 months of good play against the likes of Beleneses and Dinamo Zagreb.

Aguero from these last years is different than Aguero from 3 years ago when Pep came to City. Hell, he benched Aguero for periods of time because he couldn't hack it in his system with all the interplay, passing and pressing. Jesus was preferred instead of him ffs. To his credit, he adapted and now is a much more rounded forward.

Lewa, meanwhile never had such problems with Pep when he was at Bayern and I think you misjudge Lewa pretty badly when you say he is a poacher. He has even better technique than Aguero and his interplay and passing is top notch for a centre forward, as is his understating of pressing. For me, its not in doubt, I would have preferred prime/peak Lewa more than Aguero because, while it may not have been his fault entirely, I have seen Aguero play with Messi for the national team and it's nothing to brag about. I would always think he might replicate the same shit for Barcelona.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my main point is not that Joao Felix is not talented or won't transform into a world beater, just that he needs to confirm the hype for a year at least and against teams of CL quality, before we decide to splash huge money on him. We just can't make any more huge purchases for unpolished products that might make it or not. We need sure things and Joao Felix is not.

We have signed FDJ in January before any of UCL KO performance, what has he done before that? Can you list his accomplishments before we signed him? I was on FDJ train long ago and argued heavily against those who preferred Rabiot and those who said the Dutch league is a joke, just because he is a very unique talent. Same with Dembele, what has he done to warrant the 120m? Can you list me his accomplishment? He is being good in a team me and probably you never heard of before doesn't market him for 120m, he wasn't a world class, he was just a talent. And who said half of Europe is not after Felix? As I said, it seems you are not following him.

And not sure why do you keep bringing arguments that has nothing to do with the discussion. You asked how Aguero is different from Lewa, assuming you think they are similar, when I gave examples they are so different, you actually agree they are different but then started another argument about how I'm wrong about Lewa which has nothing to do with Aguero and certainly has nothing to do with our original discussion about Felix. Really time-consuming useless arguments.

Sorin

We have signed FDJ in January before any of UCL KO performance, what has he done before that? Can you list his accomplishments before we signed him? I was on FDJ train long ago and argued heavily against those who preferred Rabiot and those who said the Dutch league is a joke, just because he is a very unique talent. Same with Dembele, what has he done to warrant the 120m? Can you list me his accomplishment? He is being good in a team me and probably you never heard of before doesn't market him for 120m, he wasn't a world class, he was just a talent. And who said half of Europe is not after Felix? As I said, it seems you are not following him.

Dude read the damn post. When do you think the games against Bayern Munich and the other teams in CL or Germany and France in the Nations League took place? All before January when we bought him. All great performances besides the second game against Munich but that was one of the most frenetic football matches I have seen in the last couple of years.

Again, go back and read the post. I said that Dembele wasn't worth the 120m we paid for him but due to how flush we were with cash from the Neymar transfer fee and our poor negotiation tactics with Dortmund, we had to pay through our nose. Fucking hell, I wrote a post saying that Dembele wasn't worth 120m even though he played in a stronger league and had 2 years of consistent improvement, to then get questioned what he has done to warrant the money.

I have watched the Europa League games since I heard about him in February and he's not worth 90 fucking million.

In any case, both of them showed more than Joao Felix and this is not an opinion, it's straight up facts since Joao Felix greatest accomplishment until now is scoring 3 goals against 10 men Frankfurt and still getting eliminated by them in the return leg with a very poor performance by him. When the pressure was on him he folded which is fine since he is young. But just compare with how De Jong handled pressure against superior oppo's and you start to see that one of them i currently closer to the final polished product and hence the big transfer fee.

And not sure why do you keep bringing arguments that has nothing to do with the discussion. You asked how Aguero is different from Lewa, assuming you think they are similar, when I gave examples they are so different, you actually agree they are different but then started another argument about how I'm wrong about Lewa which has nothing to do with Aguero and certainly has nothing to do with our original discussion about Felix. Really time-consuming useless arguments.

Fair enough but you brought Lewa/Aguero style forwards to compare with Felix for some reason.

Last edited:

Riordon

Somewhat agree with you Sorin. You can agree that the "damage" or hype with Felix already happened. He already cost 120m. A lot of times with young players its important to get him early before the price increase dramatically. But it already happened in this case. Another problem with waiting in this case is that he might go to a top club and then be unavailable.

My thoughts about the striker situation change all the time. Right now I think its better to get Griezmann and be done with it for the next 3-4 years. But Atletico president sounded fucking confident that he didn't gonna leave.

I really, really like Piatek aswell and would love to see him here. I would offer Milan great money but he just went there. His style is a bit different but he is a true 9. Also he is not too young or too old. Perfect age
Jovic won't come.....

Who is left?

Quite funny that MD and Sport publish no articles about forwards as they also seem to have no clue..... Maybe we should wait to next season? IMO the situation is not THAT bad and we could just get a winger.

Sorin

Somewhat agree with you Sorin. You can agree that the "damage" or hype with Felix already happened. He already cost 120m. A lot of times with young players its important to get him early before the price increase dramatically. But it already happened in this case. Another problem with waiting in this case is that he might go to a top club and then be unavailable.

That's the thing, the hype has already reached unreasonable levels and the price is gonna be astronomical, and for what? For 4 months of good football? Sorry, but that's just asinine when there are still a lot of question signs over his head. It's not like he had Mbappe level performances against the likes of City and Dortmund in CL.

My thoughts about the striker situation change all the time. Right now I think its better to get Griezmann and be done with it for the next 3-4 years. But Atletico president sounded fucking confident that he didn't gonna leave.

I really, really like Piatek aswell and would love to see him here. I would offer Milan great money but he just went there. His style is a bit different but he is a true 9. Also he is not too young or too old. Perfect age
Jovic won't come.....

Who is left?

Quite funny that MD and Sport publish no articles about forwards as they also seem to have no clue..... Maybe we should wait to next season? IMO the situation is not THAT bad and we could just get a winger.

Just like you, I don't have a clue.

Givenchy

100mil+ on a player from the portuguese league is crazy enough but after the fuckup we made buying Coutinho, this isn't something we can keep getting away with. Felix needs atleast another season there, its a shame hes been hyped out of Dortmunds price range as that would be a great next step.

Joan

I always remember Semedo was known as an attacking FB in Liga Nos :lol:

don't mind me, carry on

xXKonan

I always remember Semedo was known as an attacking FB in Liga Nos :lol:

don't mind me, carry on
He actually was though.

In general Benfica's system is different from ours at the time and still is. It actually surprises me how much better he is defensively when he came here while in Portugal he wasn't actually great there in that aspect.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans