14 - João Félix

Donatello

Francesc Aguilar says we have 120M to spend.

De ligt will cost around 80M, so we will have 40M to spend. I don't think we can afford him unless we sell someone.

I think he might go to Utd, they're already interested in him, plus there is going to be some big reshuffling in their squad.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

De ligt will cost around 80M, so we will have 40M to spend. I don't think we can afford him unless we sell someone.

I think he might go to Utd, they're already interested in him, plus there is going to be some big reshuffling in their squad.

We will sell some players.

Givenchy

good, i hope we don't buy this kid after 1 decent season in a league notorious for hyped flops

GoodKid

Just read this excellent article about Felix:
https://thefalsefullback.de/2019/04/10/joao-felix-portugals-grosses-versprechen/

It explains very well and detailed what type of player he is. Since it's in german i translated it via DeepL:

Félix feels most comfortable behind the tops.
From there, he shows an unbelievable goalscoring ability -> in 1322 minutes in his home league he scored 10 goals and 4 assists.
On average, he scores one goal per game!
He moves very light-footed and elegant - his close ball control is a feast for the eyes.
Here, comparisons are made with Kaká, who also has similarities on the outside.

It is striking that Félix always moves very intelligently in space. He always has his head up and knows exactly where the next opponent is and in which direction he can turn. He orients himself forward again and again and therefore plays a lot of passes with the first contact, because he knows exactly where his fellow players are.

Here is an exemplary scene from the Derby against Sporting Lisbon. João Félix cleverly moves between the chains when a counterattack occurs, gets the ball - short look at the shoulder - turns, kicks briefly and then plays a chip ball into the alley.
No circus
João Félix' game already looks very mature for his age.
He has an excellent technique and strong skills in the offensive 1 against 1 - but he already doses this very well. This makes his game not as spectacular as Vinícius Júnior's, for example, but he already has a strong decision-making power in his young years, which is ultimately reflected in his goal participations.

Often young players still lack the overview - dribbling, passing, shooting - too often the wrong option is chosen because the better one was simply not taken advantage of.
Félix is very far here and mixes this ability with his youthful joy of playing, so that you can always see chip over the defensive chain or ingenious interface passes from him.

Without a ball it counts
His good sense of space not only helps him to move between the chains in the space of 10, but also provides for many deep runs behind the chain, which ultimately make him dangerous even as the foremost striker.
He knows how to slowly approach the defense in the back, hold the height and then explode into the depth at the right moment. His timing is great.

This is what makes Félix so dangerous: he is not ONLY the ball demanding playmaker who lets himself fall permanently and needs the game in front of him to be able to act. He also has this striker ability to start in the right rooms at the right time. This makes it difficult for any defense to grasp.

Even defensively, Joao Félix knows how to please. Of course, he still lacks some defensive tactical experience, but his aggression and bitterness in 1 vs. 1 gives hope that he can stand out from other, offensively similarly talented boys in his age. Despite his slender body he also behaves very cleverly in a direct duel and can sometimes record a ball win due to his fast legs.

Here is a nice example from the away game at Moreirense. Benfica makes the game fast again after an opponent's ball loss, the LV dribbles at high speed, Félix already lurks in the middle circle, first holds the height of the central defenders, then sits down slightly in the back and then sprints at exactly the right moment into the long interface pass of the LV.
When is a man a man?
Despite all his abilities, Félix is of course a bit like a schoolboy among adults. His body is still very youthful and can only do little in direct duels. Of course, his opponents also know this and now defend him very narrowly and hard. At the moment he knows how to avoid these direct duels cleverly, but of course the opponents are getting better and better prepared for them.

But since he has grown relatively large for his type of player with 1.80 m, we're only talking about a short-term deficiency here. He has already developed physically in the last half year and will continue to do so.

At the latest then you will see where Joao Félix's journey is going. Soccer-wise, he has all the skills for a great career at a top club. If he continues to combine his playful ease with this overview and efficiency, we really have a player here who comes very close to the profile of the great Kaka.

And then the list of prospective players will continue to skyrocket like its market value.

Last edited:

GoodKid

Do i have to explain when you say Felix is the BEST portuguese player in the world??

No. It´s you who needs to explain.

I just posted an article that explains it very well.

Now you explain to me why it's better to insult than write an argument or be silent.

Also obviously i was exagerrating but i have to push the Felix propaganda.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
best Portuguese player in the world

giphy.gif

raki

Now you explain to me why it's better to insult than write an argument or be silent.

I rest my case.

God Serena

You don't have to read the article to know that your exaggeration was rubbish.

Home of Barca Fans