14 - João Félix

Barcilliant

Atletico needs a new manager, new vision, new plan.
I have been a big fan of Simeone and his super structural, fluid defensive system but his time is up. Hope the next manager plays more attacking football since the current squad is fully capable of that.

Should have quit after 2016 final and gone to Inter. He's become stale at Atleti. He came at the right moment, had the right players for his style but Atleti really missed the boat in 2016. Griezmann penalty miss will always hang over them. At the moment they are settling for mediocrity and becoming the next Arsenal with Simeone becoming the next Wenger. Klopp would be perfect for Atleti.

michelco

I think we might be witnessing their inevitable return to mid table mediocrity. I dont know if guys are too young here on the board to remember how much of a non-entity Atletico used to be. Simeone done brilliantly but they've also been very good in the transfer market, replacing their class players who left, Falcao, Aguero, Diego Costa etc. Last couple of years their transfers have been complete duds. Huge sums of money have been wasted on Lemar, Vitolo, bringing back a crocked D Costa, Gelson, Kalinic, Marcos Llorente and dare I say it: Morata and Felix. Jury ofcourse still out on the latter but the fact is that this duo, so far, doesn't produce enough goals.

Then we have the issue (imo) of Simeone not really having decided what positions Saul and Koke actually are to play. I've thought atleast one of them would be molded to be the main CM along side a more defensive DM (Thomas I suppose) but since the latest arrivals Simeone seems to prefer a double DM duo in the middle and banish Koke and Saul to either flanks, even playing Saul at left back.

BBZ8800

Another overrated player from a new internet era who is nowhere near ready to be a leader of a top club.

Maybe he will be ready aged 23-24, hard to tell.

But buying these players at an early age is such a waste od money, time and potential titles.

About Simeone, this is an end of a cycle.
His players are physically drained.
The opponents figured out how to neutralize Atletico.
And Simeone lost a spark over time.

Vilarrubi

Except the main man himself :valverde2:

Fun fact: Atletico have only scored 3 goals in 3 out of 28 games this season. Eibar, Espanyol and us.

Andrew M

Should have quit after 2016 final and gone to Inter. He's become stale at Atleti. He came at the right moment, had the right players for his style but Atleti really missed the boat in 2016. Griezmann penalty miss will always hang over them. At the moment they are settling for mediocrity and becoming the next Arsenal with Simeone becoming the next Wenger. Klopp would be perfect for Atleti.

And what have Arsneal done without Wenger and Utd done without Fergie? The answer is nothing.

It's thanks to Simeone that they have achieved so many successive top 4s where before they found it so hard.

Fact is we took their best player off them. How would we do if suddenly Messi was gone?

Messigician

Another overrated player from a new internet era who is nowhere near ready to be a leader of a top club.

Maybe he will be ready aged 23-24, hard to tell.

But buying these players at an early age is such a waste od money, time and potential titles.

No Godin no party

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Atletico should get rid of Simeone and change the system, build around Felix. If Simeone stays Felix better go somewhere else, his talent is being wasted in that rigid system.

Home of Barca Fans