14 - João Félix

BarçaBarça

I think he is another mediator like Raiola and De Ligt. Transfer market list another agent.
Mendes is probably best agent in the game, and we already have a friendly relation with him after the Gomes deal

Ahh, that's nice. For some clients he is the primary agent, but not here. Maybe Gomes to Benfica in a straight swap, then? :lol:

BarçaBarça

He is the chosen one a long with De Ligt. I hope we can afford both and don't overspend with no financial backing. Rakitic/Gomes/Denis-money goes some of the way. Maybe Suarez to China next year could help as well.

I'm a bit sceptic about all this "next Ronaldo", when he could be a one-season-wonder, but I guess that's the market right now and you have to take some risks. I just hope that his price don't get ridiculous. 70M seems a bit much, but if we get him for that we can get at least half in a few years if he doesn't become world class.

Jombi

He hasnt performed in Europe so far this season though. He's played four games, so not much, but its something to take into account.

Messi983

He is the chosen one a long with De Ligt. I hope we can afford both and don't overspend with no financial backing. Rakitic/Gomes/Denis-money goes some of the way. Maybe Suarez to China next year could help as well.

I'm a bit sceptic about all this "next Ronaldo", when he could be a one-season-wonder, but I guess that's the market right now and you have to take some risks. I just hope that his price don't get ridiculous. 70M seems a bit much, but if we get him for that we can get at least half in a few years if he doesn't become world class.

I don't believe we'll get him for 70M. And to be fair I don't think we can afford both Felix and MDL after already spending 80M on FDJ. Unless we sell Coutinho which I wouldn't mind if he won't show big improvement until the end of the season.

Personally, if Celta gets relegated I would pay 25M for Maxi Gomez and hope Benfica would keep high demands no club would be willing to met so Felix would stay there for another season. Then we can re-evaluate things next season and eventually bring him if he'll have another good season and Suarez will leave. Gomez and Felix could compete for a first team spot though could probably play together as well.

Judoman

I don't believe we'll get him for 70M. And to be fair I don't think we can afford both Felix and MDL after already spending 80M on FDJ. Unless we sell Coutinho which I wouldn't mind if he won't show big improvement until the end of the season.

Personally, if Celta gets relegated I would pay 25M for Maxi Gomez and hope Benfica would keep high demands no club would be willing to met so Felix would stay there for another season. Then we can re-evaluate things next season and eventually bring him if he'll have another good season and Suarez will leave. Gomez and Felix could compete for a first team spot though could probably play together as well.

Waiting for Felix to have another good season would not be wise. His price would go insane and he would be even more coveted by all the mayor players. I agree, his acquisition is depended on Coutinho status, which should be clear until the end of the season.
No need to wait another year for him to wake up, since Valverde is staying. If he stays in current form, then he should be sold and that money (+other sells) could be invested in to Felix+DL+ LB backup. I kind of like this scenario, because we would finish rebuilding all lines with awesome talent, while being financially responsible.

Maxi for 25mil is a no brainer in any case. In this scenario he can be FW backup and Felix can be LW backup.

Leo_Messi

Waiting for Felix to have another good season would not be wise. His price would go insane and he would be even more coveted by all the mayor players. I agree, his acquisition is depended on Coutinho status, which should be clear until the end of the season.
No need to wait another year for him to wake up, since Valverde is staying. If he stays in current form, then he should be sold and that money (+other sells) could be invested in to Felix+DL+ LB backup. I kind of like this scenario, because we would finish rebuilding all lines with awesome talent, while being financially responsible.

Maxi for 25mil is a no brainer in any case. In this scenario he can be FW backup and Felix can be LW backup.

He has a release clause of €120 million if I am not wrong. There is no way that Benfica will sell him for €70 million this summer. Benfica has zero interest in selling him this summer. His breakthrough occurred a few weeks ago. He has barely played. Yet to play in the CL, in the Europa League for more than a few games and for the Portuguese NT.

If Benfica is certain that he is the real deal it will be in the best interest of everyone (Félix himself) to stay for another season as I wrote initially. This way his value could increase and they could refer to his buyout clause to every interested club.

If I were Félix I would definitely stay at Benfica for another season and play a full season before thinking about making a move to an elite club.

Judoman

He has a release clause of €120 million if I am not wrong. There is no way that Benfica will sell him for €70 million this summer. Benfica has zero interest in selling him this summer. His breakthrough occurred a few weeks ago. He has barely played. Yet to play in the CL, in the Europa League for more than a few games and for the Portuguese NT.

If Benfica is certain that he is the real deal it will be in the best interest of everyone (Félix himself) to stay for another season as I wrote initially. This way his value could increase and they could refer to his buyout clause to every interested club.

If I were Félix I would definitely stay at Benfica for another season and play a full season before thinking about making a move to an elite club.

You are probably right.
I m undecided on him. He is more of a AM, than FW, but i would love to have 2 talented strikers of different profiles to compete for the future (post Suarez) FW spot.
There isn t many options out there..

Leo_Messi

You are probably right.
I m undecided on him. He is more of a AM, than FW, but i would love to have 2 talented strikers of different profiles to compete for the future (post Suarez) FW spot.
There isn t many options out there..

No, the striker market is quite pathetic at the moment. That is why the likes of Mbappé are foolishly and insanely compared with the likes of pre-injury R9 or even worse Messi nowadays by certain "geniuses".

Yes, Félix is an interesting option but I am not buying the hype and cautious as usual when it comes to players with a few weeks of first team experience. Give him another season at Benfica as I wrote and monitor him closely. In particular in the CL and for the national team should he get call-ups which looks likely if he continues his current form.

BarçaBarça

Yes, both would be great, but things moves fast in the transfermarket and midtable PL-teams have money now. I fear that Gomez will be a signing like it's 2017, where we bought depth in Paco/Gomes/Digne. We don't need depth now, we need a WC-striker to replaces Suarez asap. I know that the WC-strikers out there isn't available, but Gomez seems underwhelming and Felix looks likely to have more potential. In general I would prefer a young striker with more than 1 great season under his belt, who fits the barca-profile, but those seems impossible.

FC433

Very active, presses, switches positions. He is really something, not sure if he is worth the 120m just yet though. Definitely a better fit than our other targets.

FC433

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="pt" dir="ltr">João Félix’s goal against Moreirense puts Benfica ahead! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MFCSLB?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MFCSLB</a> <br> <a href="https://t.co/CUzrABcjqL">pic.twitter.com/CUzrABcjqL</a></p>— Benfica Youth (@BenficaYouth) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenficaYouth/status/1107344809524645892?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

raki

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="pt" dir="ltr">João Félix’s goal against Moreirense puts Benfica ahead! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MFCSLB?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MFCSLB</a> <br> <a href="https://t.co/CUzrABcjqL">pic.twitter.com/CUzrABcjqL</a></p>— Benfica Youth (@BenficaYouth) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenficaYouth/status/1107344809524645892?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pathetic defender. lol

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Looks a sensational prospect but also very much a work in progress - of course, they said similar about Jadon Sancho before he went to Dortmund. Interestingly enough, City also heavily linked to the player

raki

Another mediocre game. The hype is getting to him. And opponents catching up.

120M. looooooooooooooooool

Home of Barca Fans