14 - João Félix

serghei

Made a bad move career wise. Not exactly a good fit for a conservative style. He is a player without a clear position.

Havesaks

Don't think he made a bad move. If a club wants to sign you for 120m with the wages that comes along and personal fee, you go for it. And it's not just about wages, ATM have all the reasons to make him work paying so much, and that will be to his benefit.

xXKonan

So did Atletico spend all this money on him in hopes Simeone can somehow turn him into a Griezmann v2 or even better?

The kid is clearly very talented but a complete mismatch for a team like Atletico.

bastardo

He must regret that atleti move so much. Contrast that with Haaland who is also in the same age group. Haaland knew he was not ready to make the step up to the really big clubs and prioritized his development first and foremost.

Andrew M

He must regret that atleti move so much. Contrast that with Haaland who is also in the same age group. Haaland knew he was not ready to make the step up to the really big clubs and prioritized his development first and foremost.

Firstly, Atleti are not a bigger club than Dortmund by any metric. Felix may yet be a great success at Atleti, unless you can see into the future? You also can not predict what will happen with Haaland just because he got a hattrick on debut

bastardo

Firstly, Atleti are not a bigger club than Dortmund by any metric. Felix may yet be a great success at Atleti, unless you can see into the future? You also can not predict what will happen with Haaland just because he got a hattrick on debut

My point is that if Felix is looking to develop his talent, a team with cholo is not it. Imagine having 120m attacker spending most of his time sitting in defense.

Never said that Haaland was a guarenteed success, just that he made a smart move relative to felix in terms of development. He was courted by plenty of really big teams and in the end chose Dortmund.

tacticvarium

Atletico needs a new manager, new vision, new plan.
I have been a big fan of Simeone and his super structural, fluid defensive system but his time is up. Hope the next manager plays more attacking football since the current squad is fully capable of that.

Sailor Mars

Atletico needs a new manager, new vision, new plan.
I have been a big fan of Simeone and his super structural, fluid defensive system but his time is up. Hope the next manager plays more attacking football since the current squad is fully capable of that.

I don't necessarily think they need to get rid of Simeone, but their board needs to decide on what they want Atletico's identity to be in the future.

Simeone excels with a defensive style and hard-working players, but lately Atletico have been purchasing players more suited to a fluid-offensive style.

Atleti's board should either stick with Simeone and buy his type of players, or bring in a different, more offense-minded manager.

henias

With all due respect, I think Simeone's time is up. Never had a winning mentality and his system is stifling for his players. Too rigid in style and will never challenge the title at this rate.

Home of Barca Fans