User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 255

Thread: Joo Flix

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,680
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  2. #2
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,890
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wtf - So, we have to compete against West Ham, of all the teams, if we want to sign him!? Stupid Premier League TV deal

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    937
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is definitely one to watch out for.
    SKRATTAR DU FRLORAR DU, MANNEN.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna follow him the next couple months. If he keep his level up for them last month or so and can perform like that in Europe, he will go for Dembele type of money

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    7,240
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did the hype come from? Why has his name never been discussed in the forum before yesterday?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,986
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Where did the hype come from? Why has his name never been discussed in the forum before yesterday?
    A few weeks ago his name was brought up.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MD reporting we are interested and following him along with PSG, Madrid and United

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Leo_Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Italo-Spaniard in exile.
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordon View Post
    MD reporting we are interested and following him along with PSG, Madrid and United
    https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...barcelona.html

    "Desde hace tiempo" (for quite a while) moreover.

    A goal or an assist every 96 minutes on average so far in his 12 appearances. Buyout clause of €120 million. Can play as a left winger too. Ticks many of the boxes of a future left winger for us in a 4-3-3. Because playing the enormous €160 million flop and snail that is Coutinho on this position is a waste of space and oxygen. Should never happen again.
    Bartomeu Dimissi!

  9. #9
    Wild Man of Borneo
    DonAndres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,476
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't watched him live but in highlights his dribbling looks very reckless and he shows too much of the ball to the defender as well as questionable footwork. You can see the dribble moves that he barely pulls off and can tell that largely have a very low % probability of success. He looks very talented for sure, but raw as hell.

    Stats back this up as he averages 5 turnovers per 90 in Liga Nos and 4 in the CL (1 appearance) with only 1 dribble per game. It looks worse than it is because many top strikers do average a high amount of turnovers, but I don't even know if Felix really plays like a 9 or even a mobile 9 that often. Turnovers accumulate more when you're a striker playing around CB's in a more crowded area.

    For upwards of 60-70m and the fact that he's only 19 and very raw, it doesn't look like the best deal out there IMO for our timeline. The profile we need is that of a mobile 9, much moreso than a goalscoring winger who may or may not be good off ball. Also, we've been chasing players who are young/energetic but can contribute at a high level from day 1 such as Dembele/Arthur/FDJ. I'd rather get a striker who is cheaper and proven to be productive at the top level in some way.

    To me, Jovic still looks like the best deal as I haven't seen price estimations go above 40m for him and he's scoring at will in the Buli/Europa. Werner is more proven, but we'll have to pay a huge sum for him and get in a lengthy bidding war, as well as the fact that he's shown to struggle in non-counterattacking systems that don't afford lots of space. Jovic is also perfectly 2 footed, very mobile, great off ball instincts. He's not a do or die prospect that we absolutely need to get but I don't see that many better options in terms of quality/price ratio that fit well and can contribute as a backup attacker immediately. But there may well be better options out there that I don't know of.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jovic might be the best deal but I simply dont think he suits our playing style. He is scoring in the BL but so are Paco. They are poachers.

    Our strikers should be able to dribble, create space for himself, be good with the ball and excellent technique. Surez plays some amazing passes/assists here and there. Jovic isnt that type of player.

    Its early about Felix but its good we are monitoring him. If he is the next superstar I dont care if he is 80m+. But its way to early so conclude anything about him. What I can say is that I like his profile more than that of Jovic

  11. #11
    Wild Man of Borneo
    DonAndres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,476
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordon View Post
    Jovic might be the best deal but I simply don’t think he suits our playing style. He is scoring in the BL but so are Paco. They are poachers.

    Our strikers should be able to dribble, create space for himself, be good with the ball and excellent technique. Surez plays some amazing passes/assists here and there. Jovic isn’t that type of player.

    It’s early about Felix but it’s good we are monitoring him. If he is the next superstar I don’t care if he is 80m+. But it’s way to early so conclude anything about him. What I can say is that I like his profile more than that of Jovic
    Jovic is not similar at all to the likes of Paco or Icardi, I don't know where this narrative began. Many people who watch him regularly say great things about his technique and versatility. His dribbling style also seems perfect for that of a striker, good with his back to goal and shielding the ball, and a good/soft touch to turn out of pressure. I can't personally vouch for his dribbling as elite or anything, but other people who watch him a lot readily do so. Here's one article:

    https://totalfootballanalysis.com/pl...sis-statistics

    He has been compared to Falcao and Suarez, not Paco/Icardi/Mandzukic/etc.

    As for Felix, how can you possibly know if he's the next superstar? He looks very raw, which raises doubts about his ability to be useful as soon as we get him (which we need, seeing how wildly inconsistent Suarez has been). We also probably won't be able to get him this summer, as a 60m bid has already been rejected and he's only just started playing for the first team.

    His profile as well doesn't stand out that much. We don't know how competent he is with his back to goal, or how good he is off the ball. His dribbling in videos looks very uncontrolled and potentially sloppy. He pulled off those impressive plays, but many of them don't look repeatable/consistent and more likely to fail than not doing so. You can't try ridiculous nutmegs/backheels so frequently in duels, and he looks like he's about to lose his balance half the time he's dribbling in highlights and takes the full brunt of pressure more often than evading it.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    7,240
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always good to be wary with players from the Portuguese league.

  13. #13
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,680
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Messi View Post
    @raki what is your opinion about the Moreirense - FC Porto game tonight? How likely is a Porto win (1.50)? Benfica are only 3 points away so Porto are a bit under pressure and winning an away game before a CL tie, is always a boost.

    Worth a small €100-200 bet on a Porto win? Will obviously do my research before the game and ask around elsewhere as well but what is your take?

    Sorry for the off-topic post. Will be deleted once or if raki replies.
    Porto is an obvious favourite. Only 3 draws in the last 22 games. 2 of them in away games for the League (Sporting a title contender and Guimaraes the 6th place. In this last one Porto was very dominant but missed chances).
    2 reasons why the odd is 1.50: the injury of Marega, Portos best striker this season and Moreirense is 5th place and has won last 6 out of 7 at home (mostly average teams).
    Even so anything else besides a Porto victory would be a very big surprise.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Leo_Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Italo-Spaniard in exile.
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raki View Post
    Porto is an obvious favourite. Only 3 draws in the last 22 games. 2 of them in away games for the League (Sporting a title contender and Guimaraes the 6th place. In this last one Porto was very dominant but missed chances).
    2 reasons why the odd is 1.50: the injury of Marega, Portos best striker this season and Moreirense is 5th place and has won last 6 out of 7 at home (mostly average teams).
    Even so anything else besides a Porto victory would be a very big surprise.
    Glad that I skipped that bet and settled for the Marseille away win (1.85) against Dijon! Horrible football, horrible performance by Porto and horrible pitch. Benfica must be really bad this season for this Porto team to be 3 points ahead. Most likely less after the game ends in 10 minutes.
    Bartomeu Dimissi!

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,680
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAndres View Post
    Jovic is not similar at all to the likes of Paco or Icardi, I don't know where this narrative began. Many people who watch him regularly say great things about his technique and versatility. His dribbling style also seems perfect for that of a striker, good with his back to goal and shielding the ball, and a good/soft touch to turn out of pressure. I can't personally vouch for his dribbling as elite or anything, but other people who watch him a lot readily do so. Here's one article:

    https://totalfootballanalysis.com/pl...sis-statistics

    He has been compared to Falcao and Suarez, not Paco/Icardi/Mandzukic/etc.

    As for Felix, how can you possibly know if he's the next superstar? He looks very raw, which raises doubts about his ability to be useful as soon as we get him (which we need, seeing how wildly inconsistent Suarez has been). We also probably won't be able to get him this summer, as a 60m bid has already been rejected and he's only just started playing for the first team.

    His profile as well doesn't stand out that much. We don't know how competent he is with his back to goal, or how good he is off the ball. His dribbling in videos looks very uncontrolled and potentially sloppy. He pulled off those impressive plays, but many of them don't look repeatable/consistent and more likely to fail than not doing so. You can't try ridiculous nutmegs/backheels so frequently in duels, and he looks like he's about to lose his balance half the time he's dribbling in highlights and takes the full brunt of pressure more often than evading it.
    Spot on