Rafael Leao

Bulgroz

Well, I guess LOSC is the team to follow rather than OL. From those highlights videos he seem reasonably good on the ball, very fast and quite strong physically being able to hold the ball. Often goes out on the wing too.

Very interesting player. Former Barca director Marc Ingla at Lille too.

Lille got Luis Campos as a "special advisor" in october 2016. Campos had the same job in Monaco from 2013 to 2016 (iirc he was the one behind the signing of Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Benjamin Mendy and so on). So... yeah. Keep an eye on every player they sign, basically.

Sorin

You know what, i haven't seen one match of Lille this year but my "no reason" senses are telling me that we should sign this guy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think anyone here really wanted Bellerin. Well, I didn't for sure.

Leao looks very promising. Can anyone prognose how much he would cost? If he's not too expensive I wouldn't mind signing him alongside someone like Jović/Gomez and leave him on loan at Lille for a year or two. We'll eventually need 2 new strikers in next two years IMO. Maybe Abel Ruiz will be good enough for a backup role but I don't have too much faith in La Masia developing first team quality strikers.

I would love something like this. Especially if we can get him for a reasonable fee. Quite an interesting profile. Tall, fast, physically imposing and a decent dribbler.

Abel Ruiz is not going to make it, sorry to say that as I had high hopes of him, but he just doesn't have that something special strikers of his age have, or should have.

He's too soft for my liking. Lacks the killer instinct.

Newcomer

Well, I guess LOSC is the team to follow rather than OL. From those highlights videos he seem reasonably good on the ball, very fast and quite strong physically being able to hold the ball. Often goes out on the wing too.

Very interesting player. Former Barca director Marc Ingla at Lille too.

As Jair Ventura said, he is not ready yet to make this kind of jump. He needs playing time to grow.

About le LOSC, you can consider that club as a cheap Monaco. Same strategy there : hoards the young talent, develop them and sell them for a profit. They really have no sporting ambition, the "owner" is really questionnable. Lot of doubts about where the money is coming from, not good financial situation, they are only there as speculators.

The "good" thing is they are not nearly as rich as Monaco so they can't charge the same price for their players. Monaco with a guy like Pepe would ask prolly 80-100 M€. LOSC will sell for 50-70 M€ max.

OL players are more established, they kinda know the pressure being in a big club in France, they perform in Europe. The step up is a lot less large than coming from le LOSC as you have evidenced with Umtiti.

DonAK

As Jair Ventura said, he is not ready yet to make this kind of jump. He needs playing time to grow.

About le LOSC, you can consider that club as a cheap Monaco. Same strategy there : hoards the young talent, develop them and sell them for a profit. They really have no sporting ambition, the "owner" is really questionnable. Lot of doubts about where the money is coming from, not good financial situation, they are only there as speculators.

The "good" thing is they are not nearly as rich as Monaco so they can't charge the same price for their players. Monaco with a guy like Pepe would ask prolly 80-100 M€. LOSC will sell for 50-70 M€ max.

OL players are more established, they kinda know the pressure being in a big club in France, they perform in Europe. The step up is a lot less large than coming from le LOSC as you have evidenced with Umtiti.

True, and he definitely looks raw. That said, with the market situation you kinda have to poach these kind of players before their price explodes. I would at least want Barca to scout him closely and possibly sign him and loan him back for a season if Jovic is signed too.

Messi983

Off to Milan for 35M. 115 millions for Pepe and Leao, not a bad day for Lille. :)

15646654844043.jpg

DonAK

Was about to post the same.

Jorge Mendes is his agent. He is reportedly not far from renewing with Milan but who knows.

Imagine having Leao & Ansu for the LW position while Raphinha and Dembele/someone else for RW.

Home of Barca Fans