User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barca draws Real Madrid in Copa semifinals

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atletico have a pretty tough schedule next month too.

Those pricks wont be able to win every game with a disgusting 1-0 score.

I predict by the end of the Feb we will be in the final of the CDR and easily in top spot to win La Liga.
    Puyol #5

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    Well, the upside is that we have better rotation options (except at LB):
    Better than who? Madrid? Debatable. Offensively you have little to operate with to give you a guarantee of a win. You almost always need Messi out there for that as movements break down without him. Unless Coutinho takes over, there's little indication you're positioned better for such a run of games.

Madrid's biggest issues to date were:
    a) Lack of fitness/dedication for Marcelo and Modrić. Marcelo had a pretty good game yesterday and played 90 minutes so maybe this is on the right track.
    b) Plethora of injuries to everyone in rotations, be it Llorente, Kroos, Casemiro, Nacho, Reguilon, Bale, Benzema, Mariano... we had like 9/25 squad players injured at one point. It's kinda behind us now and nearly all of them look better physically

I fancy Vinicius against any or all of Roberto, Semedo, Pique, Rakitić and Busquets. He has all the tools to make them suffer. If Valverde is smart, he sticks Vidal 1 to 1 against him and hopes he doesn't give stupid fouls away.
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So demanding thats not going to be good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    I half expect us to 'throw' the Atletico game. I think most of the leaders in the locker room don't rate our changes in the Liga anyway, Ramos did a motivational speech in training where he said something along the lines "we have good chance in the cups". So out of those three I expect us to try and do something against Atleti, scrape a 1-0 on a random Bale header, but otherwise they won't be going all guns blazing. Benzema is in good nick so if he puts 1 or 2 in there, they'll play for a narrow win/draw. We will probably prioritise Vinicius for the cup games as worse fullbacks play in those and let Asensio do something off the LW against Atleti.

Possibly
    Even a tie would be greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I wish we lost in Copa vs Seville. Brutal brutal brutal..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CdR semi-final should be our prime-11 starting, just for the sake of eliminating RM and having a good change of the cup. I expect the team to be in such a shape to be able to eliminate Lyon on the away game already. La Liga we are good and comfortable in the lead and can still have a mis-step somewhere the line.

Just rest the players against Valladolid, Sevilla & Rayo because we can easily grap 6 points minimal of these teams.
    I expect Atletico to drop points somewhere the line as well.
    Most important will be to keep resting and rotating players on the matches against Betis, Espanyol & Heusca to get full attention on the CL quarter and semi final matches.

Valverde tactics should be:
    February: Eliminate Real in Copa, full out on Lyon away and rest against Valladolid & Rayo full swing
    March/April: Make sure we put the focus on CL and rest the team against Betis, Espanyol & Heusca

If so, we will grap at least a domestic double again, with good chances on CL semi-final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Now I wish we lost in Copa vs Seville. Brutal brutal brutal..
    Why?, we are Barca and should aim for all cups every season

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schedule means, we absolutely have to put maximum effort into first matches with Lyon and Real, to set up second match.

To be honest i'm happy we drew Real... they've been starting to heat up a little bit. Convincing victory would be block of ice right onto their heads, and would fray their morals before matches with Ajax... i still believe in De Jong and rest to surprise everybody, and eliminate Madrid

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol this Real Madrid side is on its last legs. Nobody should fear them.

Defensively they are shambles. All of our attackers are on good form, and will terrorize them.
    Puyol #5

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    lol this Real Madrid side is on its last legs. Nobody should fear them.

Defensively they are shambles. All of our attackers are on good form, and will terrorize them.
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least will be fun for us, the supporters. 2 Months full of entertainment!

Just hope we eliminate both Lyon and Real, Liga is still on a long run.
    http://www.barcaforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic4676_1.gif

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CSKA, Sociedad, Leganes and Villareal weren't that long ago!

We'll see.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good,better play them in two legs than in final in my opinion

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not worried about our upcoming schedule.

Rotate a bit against Valencia then go with the best lineup vs RM and in Bilbao. There are 4 days between those games and then a full week of rest with a home game against Valladolid before a trip to Lyon. Then again 5 days before we go to Pizjuan.

Hopefully we can get a good advantage in first game of Copa but most important is not to concede.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fancy Vinicius against any or all of Roberto, Semedo, Pique, Rakitić and Busquets. He has all the tools to make them suffer. If Valverde is smart, he sticks Vidal 1 to 1 against him and hopes he doesn't give stupid fouls away.
    Holy moly. People weren't kidding when they say Madrid overhype their young players. Vinicius has done next to nothing to warrant such respect on the pitch? Putting a player on him? Are you kidding me? That's reserved for players like Messi. Vinicius.. LMAO.

If any young player should demand extra attention it's Dembele, but even he hasn't done enough.

Nelson will be just fine vs whoever that plays in that side of the pitch.