Staff member
La Liga Round 22

Saturday 2nd of February 2019. 18:30CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
QPbjvDwI_0Wuu4tCS2O6uw_96x96.png

--------

shadows

Hopefully some rotations here considering next midweek would be the Copa semis. Maybe some rest for Suarez, Pique, Roberto and Alba? Busquets is out so thats rest for him as well.

Alena- Rakitic-Vidal perhaps? and Murillo instead of Pique?

Leo_Messi

Valencia is in great form lately and that win against Getafe gave them a huge boost. Many of their injured players have returned recently as well and they are on an upwards trend. It won't be easy as they have tended to annoy us at the Camp Nou. At least they will be impacted by the heavy schedule as well due to them having reached the CdR semifinals as well.

Facing Valencia is always a classic. Some great games throughout the ages.

Looking forward to seeing Dembélé back. I don't believe that we will see many rotations but I could see either Vermaelen or Murillo starting to give Piqué (who has played in every single game almost) a break or Lenglet. Semedo should start too. Vidal as well.

Boateng might start or get 20-30 minutes to give Suárez a little break. I have a wedding to attend to so not sure if I will catch the full game or even parts of it, unfortunately.

EdmondDantes

Valverde said Dembele probably won't be back for Valencia, so my guess Coutinho plays.

Busquets is suspended so midfield will probably be Rakitic, Arthur & Vidal.

Marc back in goal.

Now, Semedo or Sergi at right back?

Leo_Messi

Since we are playing against Valencia at the Camp Nou, the game below is often synonymous with Valencia at the Camp Nou for me.

I recall this game like it was yesterday and I was a very young kid back then. More emotionally invested into football as well to an almost unhealthy degree although I caught myself, not exactly something to brag about, to cry a bit of happiness during our 6-1 game against QSG in a freaking bar in BCN alongside like-minded strangers.:facepalm:

Anyway in the past 2 games we have played against Léganes and Girona. Two teams that we dropped points against in the first half of the league. Not we are playing against another team that we dropped points against in Valencia. Could we do a hattrick here?

Way back (several weeks ago) I wrote a post about how great it would be to get a momentum in the league starting with the Villarreal game at home until the Sevilla away game 11 rounds later. Suffice to say that this opportunity has been taken given that the team is on a 8 games in a row win streak in the league. Winning against Valencia this weekend and afterwards against an improving and less struggling Athletic and Valladolid at home should be possible. It would be a great preparation before the tough schedule in the next 4 league games after the Valladolid game, where we are going to face Sevilla and RM away right after each other, Rayo at home (only easy game on paper) and Betis at the Estadio Benito Villamarín.

All this while playing against Lyon in the meantime and with a decisive return leg in the CdR at the end of February to look forward to as well. Slowly but surely we are approaching the most important and decisive part of the season and I cannot say that I am not excited. Initially I was not confident of us having a great season but in the past few months I have been more and more convinced of the team being able to achieve something special this season. Not going to talk about a triplete but.....

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Since we are playing against Valencia at the Camp Nou, the game below is often synonymous with Valencia at the Camp Nou for me.

I recall this game like it was yesterday and I was a very young kid back then. More emotionally invested into football as well to an almost unhealthy degree although I caught myself, not exactly something to brag about, to cry a bit of happiness during our 6-1 game against QSG in a freaking bar in BCN alongside like-minded strangers.:facepalm:

Anyway in the past 2 games we have played against Léganes and Girona. Two teams that we dropped points against in the first half of the league. Not we are playing against another team that we dropped points against in Valencia. Could we do a hattrick here?

Way back (several weeks ago) I wrote a post about how great it would be to get a momentum in the league starting with the Villarreal game at home until the Sevilla away game 11 rounds later. Suffice to say that this opportunity has been taken given that the team is on a 8 games in a row win streak in the league. Winning against Valencia this weekend and afterwards against an improving and less struggling Athletic and Valladolid at home should be possible. It would be a great preparation before the tough schedule in the next 4 league games after the Valladolid game, where we are going to face Sevilla and RM away right after each other, Rayo at home (only easy game on paper) and Betis at the Estadio Benito Villamarín.

All this while playing against Lyon in the meantime and with a decisive return leg in the CdR at the end of February to look forward to as well. Slowly but surely we are approaching the most important and decisive part of the season and I cannot say that I am not excited. Initially I was not confident of us having a great season but in the past few months I have been more and more convinced of the team being able to achieve something special this season. Not going to talk about a triplete but.....

I remember exactly where I was when that happened. Warm spring night, pizza place and that Frank de Boer long ball finished by famous Rivaldo scissors. :worthy:

Andresito

Staff member
This is not the time to rotate. Rotations can be considered in the first leg of the semis.

JerseyAddict

I remember exactly where I was when that happened. Warm spring night, pizza place and that Frank de Boer long ball finished by famous Rivaldo scissors. :worthy:

Yes, I also recall this goal like it was yesterday. I hit the roof. Something epic that I can say I have seen... So much happiness and joy!
What a fuc*** goal!

FCBfan22

Apart from a few changes like Semedo for Bob and Vidal for Raki or Busi, I wouldn't change anything in terms of the starting lineup. Also try and rest Alba for 30 minutes (sub for Bob) if the result is in our favour.

Maybe sub Dembele in for 15 minutes or so.

soul24rage

Apart from a few changes like Semedo for Bob and Vidal for Raki or Busi, I wouldn't change anything in terms of the starting lineup. Also try and rest Alba for 30 minutes (sub for Bob) if the result is in our favour.

Maybe sub Dembele in for 15 minutes or so.

Yeah that's what I would do. Atletico Madrid is playing on Sunday so if we win on Saturday, we can apply big pressure on them vs Betis. Busi is suspended so Vidal has to play.
3 games in 6 days is really difficult after the intensity from yesterday's match. Hopefully, the players use that good feeling from yesterday's game to give them that extra bit of boost.

my lineup

MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Vidal, Rakitic, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Coutinho

Subs: Bob for Alba, Alena for Vidal/Arthur, Dembele/Malcom for Suarez/Coutinho

Last edited:

PhilS

They'll be some rotations. Just three days after such a high-energy performance, this is a time for fresh legs. Can't see how rotation is possible at forward, unless they play 4-4-2. I dread Alba's next game off.

Home of Barca Fans