Emerson

Andresito

Staff member
I'm all for letting him and Dest fight for the RB spot. They're different types of players and while one or the other isn't clearly better, it'll be a good option to have for the coach depending on approach.

And besides, IIRC Betis get 50% of the transfer fee. We paid 6m each for him, meaning a 20m transfer won't give us a lot of profit.

It doesn't hurt to try him, unless we get a super offer.

Messi983

I think he's a better RB while Dest is probably better as a RWB but both could be useful and having a true competition between two youngsters for a spot in the team would be nice to see as well (since we're not really used to that).

I really hope he'll be given a chance but we'll probably sell him and keep Roberto as a utility guy alongside Mingueza. Hopefully Emerson will at least get a preseason to convince Koeman before we sell him though.

OTOH if Koeman will continue to play with 3 ATB we could also try and convert Emerson into a CB like JamDav suggested. I like Mingueza but think Emerson has more potential and could be better in that versatile RB/CB role longterm if he wouldn't establish himself as our starting RB.

Andresito

Staff member
I think he's a better RB while Dest is probably better as a RWB but both could be useful and having a true competition between two youngsters for a spot in the team would be nice to see as well (since we're not really used to that).

I really hope he'll be given a chance but we'll probably sell him and keep Roberto as a utility guy alongside Mingueza. Hopefully Emerson will at least get a preseason to convince Koeman before we sell him though.

OTOH if Koeman will continue to play with 3 ATB we could also try and convert Emerson into a CB like JamDav suggested. I like Mingueza but think Emerson has more potential and could be better in that versatile RB/CB role longterm if he wouldn't establish himself as our starting RB.

Yeah I unfortunately think he'll be sold too.

I think both him and Firpo possess the attributes to slot in in a back 3.
Would be the biggest plot twist if we ended up with a successful conversion of both Firpo and Emerson to end up with a 3-CB setup of Firpo-Araujo-Emerson. Very FIFA-esque though.

vuji_31

He is being sold to get money for Haaland. Simple.

With Haaland,Messi and Fati at front we can play with Firpo,Umtiti and Lenglet and we will still win.

xXKonan

Marcal Lorente claims that we will get Emerson back at the end of the season.

But he was a Barto stooge so I doubt he has any connections within Laporta's board.

vuji_31

Well don't know about that, I hope so he is good.

Hope so we can Laporta will do miracle and offload Roberto and we have Dest and Emerson on RB position, better then paying Roberto 10mil per season.

vuji_31

It is what it is , one said mastermind that win 2 la ligas with lenglet in team , also rakitic arthur vidal as midifilders.

There is potential , I hope so he comes here so Roberto goes on transfer list.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm all for letting him and Dest fight for the RB spot. They're different types of players and while one or the other isn't clearly better, it'll be a good option to have for the coach depending on approach.

And besides, IIRC Betis get 50% of the transfer fee. We paid 6m each for him, meaning a 20m transfer won't give us a lot of profit.

It doesn't hurt to try him, unless we get a super offer.

It's even more complicated than that. There's 3M in interest that Barca would need to add to the 6M to retain the player (9M, 15M in total) - even then, selling on this summer Betis would still get 50% of fee but after this summer only 20% sell on fee

It would mean that if he were to be sold this summer, it'd have to be >=30M in order to cover the costs of a player who has not yet played a minute for Barca - anything less would be a loss. Nevertheless, 9M would need to be paid this summer, unless Firpo enters into the operation to go back

mc_lovin

Really hope that means he stays and shifts the question to Pjanic/Roberto.

For me Emerson looks better than Dest right now especially in a 433. And compared to Firpo he has the necessary mobility to succeed here, whos kind of stiff. Frenkie, Emerson, Araujo and Ilaix could be a decent physical core for our team.

vuji_31

Barto payed 10mil for B team player pf Palmeiras , but he done shady deal with betis for better deal.

Man , when you think you can't do worse , just remember this idiot who needs to be in jail.

Messi983

It's even more complicated than that. There's 3M in interest that Barca would need to add to the 6M to retain the player (9M, 15M in total) - even then, selling on this summer Betis would still get 50% of fee but after this summer only 20% sell on fee

It would mean that if he were to be sold this summer, it'd have to be >=30M in order to cover the costs of a player who has not yet played a minute for Barca - anything less would be a loss. Nevertheless, 9M would need to be paid this summer, unless Firpo enters into the operation to go back

I think we can sell Firpo for a solid money to EPL (or if we'll continue to play with 3 at the back just keep him as a LCB if we can offload Umtiti and/or Lenglet; he's on a much lower wages than both of them) instead of sending him back to Betis for next to nothing.

We could use Miranda and maybe Collado/Puig in a deal to bring back Emerson though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Emerson is getting better defensively but still quite bad, relying on being physical to out-man the opponents and often failed and got carded. Offensively he does go forward but the timing of his passes is questionable at best. Basically his football IQ is not high enough, in my opinion. I don't think he is going to be better than Dest at all. Buy him back and sell for profit.

Home of Barca Fans