Emerson

Porque

Saw the last 20 minutes and thought he looked OK, although visibly tired at that point.

Went to read some Betis fan feedbacks after and seems his game wasn't impressive, along with the whole team.

If he can play every game from now till the end of the season then it can only be good for him. He will be spending the next season at Betis anyways so he will have a long road to Barcelona- if ever.

xXKonan

Reading some Betis fans impressions on their forum Betisweb.

A lot of praise and some talking about that he needs to not go to ground so quick when it comes to defending but other than that good game. Some of those guys also really seemed to hate Francis Guerrero who came through Betis youth teams and some say Emerson did more in his few minutes he got there so far than Francis ever did for them. :lol:

There's a guy in there that thinks Emerson is more agile, faster, and has better technique than Junior. Well, it is good that he seems to be impressing the Betis fans at least. I didn't know what to expect with this guy as his HL videos weren't really that flattering.

I hope he keeps surprising me.

Messi983

He had a good game against Villarreal. Hopefully he'll continue to get regular playing time with Betis and who know what could happen in one or two years.

xXKonan

How did he do?
He wasn't very good and was yanked off at 65 Mins.

To be fair in his case, this was too big of a game for him to be starting at this time and it showed as he looked like a bag of nerves and often took to many touches of the ball.

xXKonan

D48BnQlXsAABZU2.jpg

Starts for Betis vs Levante.

xXKonan

Well, there's a bit more to this.

If the rumors are true, we own 50% of him and Betis has the other half. The deal was that we put up 6 million and Betis does as well and we buy him. But Co-ownerships between two clubs are Banned now so we went around that and claim that we bought him straight up for 12 Million euros and he gets sent on loan to Betis for two seasons.

I believe Betis will pay us 6 Million to get him and we will have a 9 Million euro buy clause option in the next couple of seasons if he does well.

Last edited:

Messi983

Transfer window has just started so everything could change when/if Betis sells Lo Celso and/or Firpo for big money but so far I haven't read rumours about them signing a new RB so I assume they will stick with Francis and Emerson (Barragan is also there but he's apparently on high wages and didn't show much so far so I think they'll probably try to sell him). Reading Betisweb Francis is kinda like their Sergi Roberto (Betis's youth player who has started his career as a winger and is now playing on both FB/WB positions but 90% of the fans hate him) but Setien liked him for some reason and gave him a lot of minutes. Obviously fans opinion doesn't mattter much and we'll see what Rubi thinks but I believe Emerson should become a clear starter at RB unless they'll bring another player (who would probably come on Rubi's wish) to compete with him. They'll probably also play 4-man defense so we could see how Emerson will do both in defense and offense better than in Setien's 3-5-2.

Home of Barca Fans