Emerson

xXKonan

Do you rate Dest ?

From what I have seen of him , I just don't see him being better than Semedo.During those Ajax vs Getafe games Cucurella was the better player of the 2. He is quite fast but that's mostly it.
Dest has been good with the national team and his games with Ajax but it's evident he still has some ways to go and he wouldn't be first choice here off the bat and for some good reasons.

Still, for that price it wouldn't be a bad investment really.

wisconsincule

Selling Emerson means Semedo will probably be extended.

I would leave Emerson another year at Betis and see what the new board thinks...

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Dest has been good with the national team and his games with Ajax but it's evident he still has some ways to go and he wouldn't be first choice here off the bat and for some good reasons.

Still, for that price it wouldn't be a bad investment really.

Imo , if it wasnt for Mazraoui being a complete dumbass with his reckless tackles he would still be the starter at Ajax. I mean Barca just dished out 18M for Firpo who also was just good at Betis and he doesnt even look like a footballer at Barca. Personally Id rather wait and see how the market for RB's develops. I mean it's not like that's the only position that needs strengthening.

Alternatively you see how Dest performs next season at Ajax and then make a choice.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Imo , if it wasnt for Mazraoui being a complete dumbass with his reckless tackles he would still be the starter at Ajax. I mean Barca just dished out 18M for Firpo who also was just good at Betis and he doesnt even look like a footballer at Barca. Personally Id rather wait and see how the market for RB's develops. I mean it's not like that's the only position that needs strengthening.

Alternatively you see how Dest performs next season at Ajax and then make a choice.

Didn't watch him enough, see mixed opinions about him.
My point is, 30M for Emerson is good money that could be reinvested in some other promising young player.
tbh, I am not sure what to think of Emerson either. I think he was a good purchase and will have a good future ahead of him but not sure he will ever reach Barca level.

mc_lovin

Its not 30ME though. More like 15ME after paying Betis their share. I dont know what exactly the modalities are next year, but I guess we could make a bigger profit. Its short vs long term.

xXKonan

Emerson vs Alaves:

5 chances created
4 tackles won
3 successful crosses
3 successful long balls
3 clearances
2 interceptions

Would be a no Brainer for me to get him back for Cheap to see how he can do.

abiabi

I read that he put a shift defensively. If he improves on that end, thats the only thing separating him from our first Xi imo. Although we rarely get attacked so I was in favor of bringing him here last season already

Messi983

Some comments from betisweb forum. Using google translate so some sentences don't make much sense but Betis fans really like him.

I really wouldn't mind getting him back but on the other hand leaving him at Betis developing for one more season would probably be the best for him.

Less successful in attack today but in defense this guy is growing a lot.

Physically he is a savage player, he lacks a little bit of combinatorial quality and temper, but what this player pushes is an outrage

Do not take it away from us now, we are going to miss it a lot next season.

Physically it is a 10, behind it has improved a lot, at this rate it will continue to grow a lot and its price too. I very much doubt that this market will come out and if you hurry me this year, yes, next year if it progresses like last year it will fly.

Emerson is usually highlighted only for the offensive, but beware of how he defends now, the cunt recovers his position at a thousand per hour, he is heavy, he is sticky and although at a tactical level he still occasionally fails in some closure or offside (very few and less and less). Defending set pieces is still a fair, but the truth is that I forgive a side.

It still seems like a nonsense technically ... but it is a physical marvel as you say.

For me, his great virtue is that he is always on the move ... he reaches up, comes back down, reaches support, rejects ... And that is not little.

It is the complete opposite of a player who hides.

It has become the engine of the team. It does not stop under any circumstances. And this is essential to have an uncle so pull the wagon and believe in yourself.
I have always said of Emerson that he will go where he wants because being a physical marvel and with that dedication, that impetus and that ambition to get what you want

The Gol commentator has hit it off perfectly: he's convinced that everything he tries will turn out well, he has a brutal self-confidence.

By the way. It looks like I have no idea about football. I've never liked this guy, I didn't understand Serra when he signed him, he seemed like a cheap and bad copy of Alves but what the hell ....... I was stunned today ..... He's a soccer player cannon with a tremendous future. I said, I have no idea of ​​football.

Here they expect we'd need to pay 12m if we want to bring him back now.

As it came out we would take twelve kilos. The six we paid for it, plus the three for training plus three kilos to get it back a year earlier. More peck if they cross it.

FC433

^
I think he should stay and keep developing. Would not get the chance at Barca, unfortunately. One more season could make a huge difference in his development.

Messi983

Sure but I also don't want us to get into a bidding war with Bayern for Dest (which is exactly what Ajax wants) and pay 30m or so for a player who would also need a season to adapt and wouldn't play regularly. Dest probably has a higher ceilling but right now Emerson is a better defender.

I do believe we'll first try to get Dest because Koeman wants him but if he'll go to Bayern then I'd take Emerson over other potential targets. Don't really know who else we could consider. Bellerin was also linked to us but I doubt Arsenal would loan him.

FC433

^
I agree. I would not pay more than 20m for any RB. Should stay far away from HB :lol:

Tariq Lamptey has been absolutely amazing the first two games in the PL. However, I cannot see him leaving for anything below 30m.

Porque

Crazy how much space his offensive running is giving Betis right now. He is literally taking the LB and CML all the way to 10m from the Madrid goal with his runs.

A FB (well WB) who actually knows what to do on the offensive side of the game.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I would get him over Dest. If only for his jersey name (Royal) alone. He got the look of a Barca player and the nationality as well.

Home of Barca Fans