Barca signs Frenkie de Jong

Pepsbarca

Considering his form over the past few years and possibly because he might be unbenchable using their seniority, it would be nice if we can transfer both..Sure why not? ..

Or as i said a sub role for one of them, doesnt matter which one. Either way they should not be guaranteed starters.

Maybe because he's still the best #6 in the game.

Pepsbarca

Our midfield were previously sorted for the next x years too when we had Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, and Thiago. Just saying.

Are you saying it wasn't sorted? If the board hadn't been so incompetent and let Thiago go we'd be in a much better position. Letting Cesc go was the right decision.

andyparker

This boy has a lot of potential, and it seems these days this is the going rate for top rate potential players that are tied up contractually with their current club.

I’m just happy we made this signing as I was a bit worried with one too many Boateng type signings (not saying he won’t be good for us, just observing more on a macro level the type of signings we are making)

shadows

Potential means shit if Valverde will put this guy on the bench as well while continuing to play Busquets and Rakitic :lol: Hope we start showing seniors the door otherwise all these buys makes no sense :valverde:

Giginho75

Potential means shit if Valverde will put this guy on the bench as well while continuing to play Busquets and Rakitic :lol: Hope we start showing seniors the door otherwise all these buys makes no sense :valverde:

I can understand for some criticism about Rakitic (anyway he deserves our respect), but I think that is unbelievable to have this opinion of Busquets.

You talk about him as a old player by now ready to retire.
Instead he has in front of him other three/four years of great football...
Mostly a player with the class and tactical knowledge like him.

Last edited:

shadows

I can understand for some criticism about Rakitic (anyway he deserves our respect), but I think that is unbelievable to have this opinion of Busquets.

He talk about him as a old player by now ready to retire.

The current club working is not about talent or form..its about seniors picking themselves and its not like they play great either.. Either way they are all in one way or another harming the club.. Instead of utilising Messi's transcendal talents to pick up a few CL's while playing at a high level themselves, everyone seems quite happy to be picking up the Liga trophy and associated bonuses while playing bad because they got Messi who is able to pull them all through to those!!

BarçaBarça

He talk about him as a old player by now ready to retire.

Busquets hasn't consistently been on his usual wc-level for a very long time, tbh. If de Jong lives up to half of the hype he can replace him way before 3 years, imo.

Giginho75

The current club working is not about talent or form..its about seniors picking themselves and its not like they play great either.. Either way they are all in one way or another harming the club.. Instead of utilising Messi's transcendal talents to pick up a few CL's while playing at a high level themselves, everyone seems quite happy to be picking up the Liga trophy and associated bonuses while playing bad because they got Messi who is able to pull them all through to those!!

Maybe I didn't understand, but this is another question.

Busquets hasn't consistently been on his usual wc-level for a very long time, tbh. If de Jong lives up to half of the hype he can replace him way before 3 years, imo.

De Jong is a great deal, no doubt, but please! Busquets is still a great player.
Do you want to sell him next summer?

BarçaBarça

De Jong is a great deal, no doubt, but please! Busquets is still a great player.
Do you want to sell him next summer?

No, I don't want to sell Busquets, he should stay. But I think it would be great if we had other choices than him at DM in the starting-11. He can still peak-perform every once in a while, usually big games, but some speed and determination at DM would be great. I hope De Jong can be an alternative there, and push Busquets out to rest and get motivated from time to time. And sooner rather than later he needs to be replaced. Busquets can have a late Xavi-role for a few years, no problem.

Giginho75

No, I don't want to sell Busquets, he should stay. But I think it would be great if we had other choices than him at DM in the starting-11. He can still peak-perform every once in a while, usually big games, but some speed and determination at DM would be great. I hope De Jong can be an alternative there, and push Busquets out to rest and get motivated from time to time. And sooner rather than later he needs to be replaced. Busquets can have a late Xavi-role for a few years, no problem.

Correct...anyway Busq can play together FDJ.

What I mean is that our current midfielder is still too much important for us.
It's not yet the time to be just a backup or a player for few games.
Clearly this will happen in two/three years, but not now.

Home of Barca Fans