Barca signs Boateng

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Kevin-Prince Boateng has joined Barca in a shock move from the Italian side Sassuolo, with the former Portsmouth and Tottenham forward’s representatives having agreed terms over an initial loan move.

kevin-prince-boateng-mit-us-sassuolo-ist-der-31-jaehrige-aktuell-tabellenzweiter-in-der-italienischen-serie-a-.jpg

While at Eintracht Frankfurt last year, Boateng told Rheinische Post: “I know – without sounding arrogant – that I could’ve played at Real Madrid … but I didn’t work hard enough for that.”

"I’m coming!” Boateng told Sky Sport in Italy. “I’m sad to leave Sassuolo but it’s a great chance.”

Boateng also brushed off newspaper reports that he was a Real Madrid fan when growing up. “Don’t ask me about Real Madrid … it’s just the past,” he said. “I only want to focus on Barcelona, and I hope to score at the Bernabéu [in] the next Clásico.”

Boateng flew to Barcelona on Monday to complete his move, which is thought to include an option for Barcelona to purchase him for €8m (£7.05m) at the end of the season.

The former Ghana international signed for Sassuolo on a free transfer last summer and has starred for Roberto De Zerbi’s side as they have cemented a mid-table position in Serie A. The 31-year-old has scored five goals in 15 appearances, making an impact despite missing several weeks with a pelvis injury.

Barcelona are understood to have been impressed with Boateng’s performances in a false nine role in Italy. The Spanish league leaders are short of cover in attacking positions following the departures of Paco Alcácer to Borussia Dortmund and Munir El Haddadi to Sevilla.

shadows

So we shipped out a proper No 9 i.e. Paco and we bring a guy in who is almost 32 years old who has scored a grand total of around 60 goals in his career .. Typical day i guess :bartomeu:

The only plus here is the board didnt throw a lot of money at it..so our downside is almost zero !! As long as they dont think about a big money contract next and keep it short term, it should be fine. Plus its a replacement for munir. So just about anyone would be an upgrade :lol:

Last edited:

PhilS

He's a clear upgrade from Munir. I'm sure he will fit in better than Paco. Of course, those are low bars. Let's hope for more.

chik

I do not know if these people from Barcelona are normal? Who did they bring? I can not believe. Who needs the Prince, a very average player, who is not at the level of Barcelona's demands. Valverde did not know he was coming. Absolutely madness. I would have fired the one who brought him right away.

Home of Barca Fans