User Tag List

Thread: Barca signs Boateng

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barca signs Boateng

Kevin-Prince Boateng has joined Barca in a shock move from the Italian side Sassuolo, with the former Portsmouth and Tottenham forward’s representatives having agreed terms over an initial loan move.

While at Eintracht Frankfurt last year, Boateng told Rheinische Post: “I know – without sounding arrogant – that I could’ve played at Real Madrid … but I didn’t work hard enough for that.”

"I’m coming!” Boateng told Sky Sport in Italy. “I’m sad to leave Sassuolo but it’s a great chance.”

Boateng also brushed off newspaper reports that he was a Real Madrid fan when growing up. “Don’t ask me about Real Madrid … it’s just the past,” he said. “I only want to focus on Barcelona, and I hope to score at the Bernabéu [in] the next Clásico.”

Boateng flew to Barcelona on Monday to complete his move, which is thought to include an option for Barcelona to purchase him for €8m (£7.05m) at the end of the season.

The former Ghana international signed for Sassuolo on a free transfer last summer and has starred for Roberto De Zerbi’s side as they have cemented a mid-table position in Serie A. The 31-year-old has scored five goals in 15 appearances, making an impact despite missing several weeks with a pelvis injury.

Barcelona are understood to have been impressed with Boateng’s performances in a false nine role in Italy. The Spanish league leaders are short of cover in attacking positions following the departures of Paco Alcácer to Borussia Dortmund and Munir El Haddadi to Sevilla.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what to think of this ...

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a joke signing.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the money being paid, the risk is almost zero.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent signing.

Perfect way to start off a new week.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see Barca keeping the La Masia Tradition of signing players that peaked 6-7 years ago.
    Laugh , smile or cry

Jugadorazo till I die

- catalinutzR80 2014

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we shipped out a proper No 9 i.e. Paco and we bring a guy in who is almost 32 years old who has scored a grand total of around 60 goals in his career .. Typical day i guess

The only plus here is the board didnt throw a lot of money at it..so our downside is almost zero !! As long as they dont think about a big money contract next and keep it short term, it should be fine. Plus its a replacement for munir. So just about anyone would be an upgrade
    Last edited by shadows; 22nd January 2019 at 06:13 AM.
    "It is what it is" ~~ Valverde~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omfg no

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beyond reality
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godlike player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a clear upgrade from Munir. I'm sure he will fit in better than Paco. Of course, those are low bars. Let's hope for more.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    He's a clear upgrade from Munir. I'm sure he will fit in better than Paco. Of course, those are low bars. Let's hope for more.
    I doubt he will reach Paco's numbers.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depressing signing. But we signed an 83 years old Albertini so this is not a precedent.
    kilometers matter ..

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know if these people from Barcelona are normal? Who did they bring? I can not believe. Who needs the Prince, a very average player, who is not at the level of Barcelona's demands. Valverde did not know he was coming. Absolutely madness. I would have fired the one who brought him right away.