Kevin-Prince Boateng

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There might be better options. But many of them are not available. I suggested Bas Dost myself. But in the summer, he decided to continue with Sporting DESPITE the possibility to leave for free. Sporting's main player is certainly not an easy objective. Etc.

They settled with Boateng. Not that I'm over the Moon with it, but think it'll turn out pretty decent.

Ruiz or whoever the B team may offer (Mujica) would most likely be a downgrade on Munir. We don't need that.

But we should hardly be needing that person though. And giving opportunities to our own players is always welcome. Anyway, let's see how much better KPB is better than them.

Joan

But we should hardly be needing that person though. And giving opportunities to our own players is always welcome. Anyway, let's see how much better KPB is better than them.

I'm inclined to disagree. Players should be given chances when they're deemed ready. Ruiz is not (if he ever will).

I jumped the gun with Paulinho and Vidal. I'm giving this one time.

But with such low expectations, he'll hardly disappoint.

BBZ8800

Damn, we really assembling a thug squad. Suarez KPB Vidal here we go. Too bad Paulinho is gone.

BBZ will love him btw.

I didn't read all the posts.
I would rather have Morata since I think that he is a better footballer, but Boateng is ok-ish.

He was good at Las Palmas.
But I remember him from World Cups and AC Milan days.
I always thought: this guy is crazy. He was so fast and strong, dominant and imposing on a field, always getting in chances like some kind of a speedy ghost.

But once when he did get into chances, he wasn't too lethal.
He had tons of those shots when you go for strength in shooting instead of smart and precise shot.
So, he would get into chances easily but then he would usually skyrocket shots.

Also, an interesting stat is that all EV's wishes were tall, strong and hardworkers: Paulinho, Boateng, Willian.
I like this coach :lol:

Also, as others have said, he is a fighter, the same as Vidal.
So, in a CL, when we will be losing 1:0 in the 70th minute, I would rather have Vidal and Boateng to yell, fight and create some mess than 10s of choir boys sulking and being afraid to say a word to anyone.

This was long time ago, but Boateng was once quite a crazy player:

Devils

I've scouted him for awhile and I can confirm that he has been AMAZING as a false 9 at Sassulo. Many people are even saying that he reinvented himself as a player through what he has shown at the False 9 position.

I've been listening to this all day:

[youtube]hCzdUNTKapY[/youtube]

We got muhfucking killahz on our squad now.

BBZ8800

I watched him when he was playing for Schalke and I was always confused what position he played. He wasn't a pure No.9 as he was all over the place and he tended to drop deep, all in all he wasn't very effective and efficient back in those days.

He always struck me as a bit too aggressive and someone who didn't use his brain too much (a lot of brawn but not enough brains). We need someone who can score goals, not get carded.

This is a good description.
He used to play all over a field.
Some weird hybrid of a Cm, Cam and a striker.
Running like crazy, fighting a lot, making some bad decisions at times.

Anyway, here is one video of him playing as a false 9 (or something close to it) this season.
He plays with a back turned to a goal more often lately.
He is still quite fast and strong and able to get into shooting positions.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Very odd signing to be honest... It's like we spin a wheel to decide who gets signed, it doesn't make any sense...

Messi983

DxdwCjuWsAALV_c.jpg

Home of Barca Fans