Kevin-Prince Boateng

God Serena

The saying isn't my saying, it is a classic American football saying. Yeah you can highlight these 2, works out at best 1/5. I see you are not bringing up Stephen McGee, Casell, Weeden, Orten, Kellen Moore, Kitna, Steve, Pellur, , Kevin Sweeney, ultimate flop Quincy Carter, Anthoiny Wright, Clint Stoener (who can forget him, Arkansan guy I think--probably Jerrah's call there), or even lame coach Ginger. It is just the hits and the laughingly bad that are memorable.

-Nobody ever wanted to see McGee start over Romo. Nobody. On planet earth, not just in Dallas/DFW. He wasn't even 2nd choice, I'm pretty sure he only played behind Kitna, who himself was a backup...
-Casell was fucking horrible, nobody ever wanted him to play, and he only ever got minutes because Romo was injured.
-Weeden had maybe one or two people saying he should start because they were briefly upset with Romo, sure. But anyone with a brain could see how inferior he was well before he got any run as a starter.
-I genuinely have no idea who the hell Orten (Apparently it's actually spelled Orton, maybe you don't know him either) even is. I don't think anyone wanted to see him start...
-Moore is just some random QB who I also don't know anything about other than a brief audition when playoff contention was out of the window...

I'm starting to see a theme here. You're trying to say ***every*** QB the team has ever had is the same as bright and upcoming stars who could do a better job than aging and past it veterans, which isn't the case at all. I'm not saying we should bring back Dongou and use him over Boateng, I'm saying Mujica and Ruiz are players who have potential to be something better than the nothing we get from Prince, and dismissing them are automatically worse just because they're not starters is absolute bonkers.

Arizona Scott

-Nobody ever wanted to see McGee start over Romo. Nobody. On planet earth, not just in Dallas/DFW. He wasn't even 2nd choice, I'm pretty sure he only played behind Kitna, who himself was a backup...
-Casell was fucking horrible, nobody ever wanted him to play, and he only ever got minutes because Romo was injured.
-Weeden had maybe one or two people saying he should start because they were briefly upset with Romo, sure. But anyone with a brain could see how inferior he was well before he got any run as a starter.
-I genuinely have no idea who the hell Orten (Apparently it's actually spelled Orton, maybe you don't know him either) even is. I don't think anyone wanted to see him start...
-Moore is just some random QB who I also don't know anything about other than a brief audition when playoff contention was out of the window...

I'm starting to see a theme here. You're trying to say ***every*** QB the team has ever had is the same as bright and upcoming stars who could do a better job than aging and past it veterans, which isn't the case at all. I'm not saying we should bring back Dongou and use him over Boateng, I'm saying Mujica and Ruiz are players who have potential to be something better than the nothing we get from Prince, and dismissing them are automatically worse just because they're not starters is absolute bonkers.

Kyle Orton played for Purdue if I recall, and maybe the Bears? Quincy Carter (Georgia Bulldog) was I think a 1st pick (Jones family pick). Stoener I think another Jerry guy (Razerback) too. There was some hope for Aggie McGee.

This isn't just a Cowboy thing, even worse are the Jets, Bills, Fins, look of quote to effect 'Most popular guy in town is the back-up quarterback" true for College fans all over. Fans always think they no best and looking for the next savior.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Green Bay? Why? Do you know why they're called that? It's just a nickname, lol.

Great fans, small market team which exemplifies most of America and because they're not owned by some mega rich billionaire or someone inheriting daddy's team, the fans own the team, very Barcelona-like. :coffee:

I know the reason for the nickname, but god do a lot of Cowboys fans that it very seriously. They can be so unbearable.

God Serena

Great fans, small market team which exemplifies most of America and because they're not owned by some mega rich billionaire or someone inheriting daddy's team, the fans own the team, very Barcelona-like. :coffee:

I know the reason for the nickname, but god do a lot of Cowboys fans that it very seriously. They can be so unbearable.

Are you... being sarcastic?

Since you're not from America I genuinely can't tell if you're joking, or if you really just... don't know.

God Serena

Kyle Orton played for Purdue if I recall, and maybe the Bears? Quincy Carter (Georgia Bulldog) was I think a 1st pick (Jones family pick). Stoener I think another Jerry guy (Razerback) too. There was some hope for Aggie McGee.

This isn't just a Cowboy thing, even worse are the Jets, Bills, Fins, look of quote to effect 'Most popular guy in town is the back-up quarterback" true for College fans all over. Fans always think they no best and looking for the next savior.

All that aside, I think any fan who says a shitty old man with bad knees who can't even play striker (lol) would probably be worse than a B team striker is probably smarter than the people who signed the shitty old man. Just look at how Prince did against Valladolid. Boateng, while 1 on 1 with the keeper, couldn't even manage to take a shot. Not get a shot on target or score a goal... he couldn't even shoot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are you... being sarcastic?

Since you're not from America I genuinely can't tell if you're joking, or if you really just... don't know.

They are very Barcelona-like, come on you gotta admit that. And the Packers are publicly owned unlike any other NFL team. That's a fact.

Might be the only major American Sports team that's publicly owned nonprofit.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

They are very Barcelona-like, come on you gotta admit that. And the Packers are publicly owned unlike any other NFL team. That's a fact.

I personally like that model. But as you pointed out, that is not particularly American.

God Serena

Oh, I see. You were talking about Green Bay. I thought you were being factious because of the coffee emojee, because you literally described everything the Coybows aren't :lol:

Yeah, Green Bay is more like Barcelona, but the thing about Barcelona that would make it more like a nation's specific team that Green Bay doesn't have is the sense of overwhelming patriotism. Green Bay fans can't even come to an agreement on the players kneeling situation... although tbh nobody really could.

EdmondDantes

There's no way a front 3 of Dembele, Messi and Malcom wouldn't be more useful to rest Suarez than to see this absolute clown on the pitch again.

I'd rather see Lord Douglas up front.

cro-man

Seems like we found the perfect back up for suarez:lol: Someone who is worse than him which is very hard to find these days on this stage.

BarçaBarça

There's no way a front 3 of Dembele, Messi and Malcom wouldn't be more useful to rest Suarez than to see this absolute clown on the pitch again.

I'd rather see Lord Douglas up front.

I guess you're right. Trouble is that the famous 10/right-wing/CF-role for Messi complicate things, as it functions best with a CF. I tend to agree anyway, a better winger and a slightly different role for Messi would still benefit the team more. Else we should try Dembele as CF and keep Messi where he wants?

Home of Barca Fans