Kevin-Prince Boateng

Havesaks

Barca brought him for a good luck charm. The way I see it is we only won the UCL when we buy (loan) a questionable player that make you go hmmm...

2005/2006 we bought Ezquerro, won the UCL
2008/09 we bought Henrique, won the UCL
2011/12 we bought Keirrison, won the UCL
2014/15 we bought Douglas, won the UCL
2018/19 we bought (loan) KPB, ???

when someone has too much sparetime ^

We bought Paulinho who was s questionable player - as you put it - last season, but still lost to Roma.

We bought Kerrison in 2009 - and lost Champions League. So that luck formula isnt anything but selective and biased.

Havesaks

Paulinho has really little to do with Douglas, Keirrison, Boateng type of transfers. A class of his own.

Well the premise / common denominator was 'questionable" players when they were bought - I think he fits just fine in that category.

God Serena

Well the premise / common denominator was 'questionable" players when they were bought - I think he fits just fine in that category.

Certain posters think Paulinho was one of our best ever signings. Joan is one of them, although I'm not sure if he's trolling in the same manner as Messi983 and his false fanboyhood for Arda and Gomes or not.

Joan

Certain posters think Paulinho was one of our best ever signings. Joan is one of them, although I'm not sure if he's trolling in the same manner as Messi983 and his false fanboyhood for Arda and Gomes or not.
I don't think that haha but I'm sure he doesn't belong with Douglas and KPB either.

Had he put Mina on the list, I'd understand.

God Serena

I don't think that haha but I'm sure he doesn't belong with Douglas and KPB either.

My bad then, I misinterpreted. There are so many that actually hold that opinion that I just kind of automatically lumped you in with them :lol:

Mina has more errors that costed us points than Douglas, so I'd say he was actually worse :coffee:

Havesaks

I myself consider Paulinho a good transfer all things considered, and he contributed way more than the likes of dembele and Coutinho, us winning the La Liga. Buying him for 40m, and selling for 50m, was also BartoBusiness when its best.

I just named him because he also was one of these transfers which didnt make sense for most fans - including myself. But whatever, doesnt matter, Kerrison wasnt bought in 2010, so i should just have stopped there.

Havesaks

I rest my case - Paulinho isnt on the list, because its not about questionable transfers when bought, but questionable transfers who failed miserably.

Mina would be on that list solely because he was the single reason we didnt went undefeatable throught the season. But then again unlike the others we made big bucks on him.

Arizona Scott

Mina and Paulinho were good investments (and Paulinho an OK player for his one year with us). That makes them different than Douglas or Arda or Gomes--bad players and bad investments. Coutinho is a good player just a bad investment at 2x the cost it should have been. KPB is such little cost and a tiny insurance policy we might have needed if Suarez blew out his knee--I don't even know why we post about him.

MTL_Barca

Paulinho is seen as great because we somehow managed to sell him back to china for even more than the stupid 40M we paid ourselves.

He did ok. Good first half, not so good 2nd half of the season. Transfer was received very badly (and i'm very glad he was gone so fast) but he wasn't a meme signing like Boateng or Douglas.

Havesaks

His bad second half was also due to being overused, when he dropped form he had played like 70ish games in span of a year. (china has calendar year season)

Home of Barca Fans