Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Levante 4-2 agg.

gregorrin10

Another thing with this competition is there a good reason why it needs to be 2 legs? Other than English league cup semi final no other domestic competition is.

This is actually the last such season. From next season forward there's only gonna be one leg all the way to the semifinals i think.

Kuchi

He aint gonna use Messi/Suarez next week is he ?

Of course he is, spineless pussy ass coach, he knows he wont win the UCL in a million years, so he'll just hope La Liga and the shitty cup will get him another year's fee..

khaled_a_d

Another thing with this competition is there a good reason why it needs to be 2 legs? Other than English league cup semi final no other domestic competition is.

There are 2 cups in England, so same number of games. Also Italy has 2 legs in cup semi-final.
The 2 leg will come to an end next season up until QF, it is still not clear whether QF will be 2 games or one but SF will remain 2 games.

PhilS

The first team should be in good shape for Sunday's game, and the rest yesterday will help during the busy schedule over the next couple of months.

You learn about your alternate players from how they play when they get the chance. S. Roberto in the second half was the best Barca LB this season not named Alba. He must get every LB minute Alba does not play for the rest of this season.

There is no reason to give Miranda or Chumi any more minutes this season. Murillo must play Copa, to get him up to speed in case Pique or Lenglet get hurt or suspended or need rest.

Centauri B

Just play B team again...if we win great if we get out nobody cares. We won it 4 years straight. Just dont play Messi and other crucial players a single minute in this years CDR

I agree.

None of Suarez, Pique, Alba, Arthur, Rakitic and above all, Messi, should play in the 2nd leg against Levante. Play a similar side to the one in the away leg (okay, maybe not Miranda) and if we win, yay!!!! If we lose, then so be it.

soul24rage

I would like to see the following lineup next week vs Levante

Cillessen---Semedo, Murilllo, Lenglet, Bob---Alena, Busi, Arthur---Malcom, Vidal, Coutinho

Subs: MATS, Pique, Alba, Rakitic, O.Busi, Puig, Dembele

I think that Vidal would be a much better '9' than Dembele did as Vidal has more of a presence while Dembele needs the ball to run.
Either Arthur or Rakitic was needed as both Alena and Vidal were too attack minded for me.

After the Eibar match, I would still play my lineup with the exception of Dembele in for Coutinho as Dembele only played like 20 min. against Eibar.
We have no other striker besides Suarez and I don't want the likes of Pique, Suarez and Messi in this tie, so I would just play Vidal upfront.

Vilarrubi

After the Eibar match, I would still play my lineup with the exception of Dembele in for Coutinho as Dembele only played like 20 min. against Eibar.
We have no other striker besides Suarez and I don't want the likes of Pique, Suarez and Messi in this tie, so I would just play Vidal upfront.

I'm certain he will field a strong 11, Messi included. If we were winning the tie then maybe a weaker team.

soul24rage

I'm certain he will field a strong 11, Messi included. If we were winning the tie then maybe a weaker team.

I fear he will do that. I think this match and the Copa QF first leg (if we go through) will tell us a lot of whether EV trust the likes of Alena and Murillo as 1st team players.
I've given up hope that EV will trust Malcom seeing as he picked someone who wants to leave this window over him. I think that Denis has a higher chance of starting than Malcom.

PhilS

If Barca can win this game, then the bench players will be able to start the first games in subsequent rounds. Get knocked out now, their best chances for more playing time this season will expire. Messi and Suarez are needed to win this game. There is no offense without them.

clemente

This is a nice game to try out the "risky" lineups (who would be just a normal lineup under a proper manager), but its obvious once again it will be Busques - Rakitic and maybe even Denis somewhere in there.

serghei

This is a nice game to try out the "risky" lineups (who would be just a normal lineup under a proper manager), but its obvious once again it will be Busques - Rakitic and maybe even Denis somewhere in there.

Just use the same team with Wague instead of Miranda, Lenglet instead of Chumi, and Messi.

Home of Barca Fans