Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Levante 4-2 agg.

Potroh

Was a really enjoyable game until the donkey subs started coming in. And as you said it wouldn't have been an issue if the right players got subbed off (would be even better if the likes of messi didn't even start.)

Yes there was no importance of subbing in the guys, specially Suarez.
Not that I would mind his presence, but this game in the first half shown a very important fact for the future, namely that when Messi and Coutinho play quite close to each other and Coutinho doesn't play as a winder, it has a lot of promising values, even if only 3 goals were scored. Could have been much more...
But there were good chances and the team played a very enjoyable game...

Ritchie

Messi should just always play the 2nd leg in this competition. As long as we stay in the tie and if we don't then it isn't the end of the World.

Exception maybe for Real.

EdmondDantes

We played really well. It'd been awhile since I last unexpectedly thoroughly enjoyed our performance. Whether we get disqualified or not I don't care.

Either we play fewer games and gun for the League/CL or we get to play the cup quarter finals. No problem.

PhilS

This game made me feel better about this team.

Most importantly, this might have been Dembele's best game yet. He is looking more and more like a Barca player, to go along with all his talent. Although his passing is quite uneven still, he is looking to pass, and he is capable of making the killer passes. His aggression was excellent yesterday.

Murillo does look good enough to fill in for Pique for the rest of this season. Now, I want to see him pair with Pique, to verify he can backup both RCB and LCB.

Rotating 3 of the first 11, 4 counting S. Roberto, that is enough but not too much. First game of the next Copa round, rest Lenglet, Alba (use S. Roberto), Rakitic and the hurting L Suarez. Start the new CF instead of L. Suarez.

Leo_Messi

Exactly what I wrote in post 350.

Este es el artículo exacto del Reglamento general de la RFEF que deja claro que las sanciones leves se cumplen en la misma competición en la que se ha cometido la infracción:

“En lo relativo al Código Disciplinario, se ha aprobado la introducción del apartado 9 del artículo 56, respecto del cumplimiento de sanciones en los casos en que exista una simultaneidad de licencias de las permitidas en el Reglamento General, que queda configurado de la siguiente manera: 9. El modo de cumplimiento de las sanciones impuestas como consecuencia de la comisión de infracciones para los casos en los que exista una simultaneidad de licencias de las permitidas en el Reglamento General de la RFEF, se ajustará a lo dispuesto en el presente artículo, si bien, las sanciones de carácter leve se cumplirán en las competiciones en las que el infractor se encuentra haciendo uso de una determinada licencia y, las de carácter grave o muy grave, en cualquier competición, ello con independencia de la licencia que se estuviera usando en el momento de la comisión de la infracción”.

La introducción de este apartado se acordó el pasado mes de noviembre y se comunicó a los clubs mediante circular.

Since Chumi's one match suspension cannot be considered grave (for that Chumi would have needed a 4 match ban or more), there is no case of breaking any rules according to the new rule changes back in November that every club was informed about. All according to the sub-paragraph of article 56 according to the law of general regulations of RFEF.

Above average performance and for once we saw Arthur, Dembélé and Coutinho on the field at the same time alongside Messi. Lenglet and Murillo were decent again. Levante looked very poor though.

Cobardeverde with his usual strange substitutions. Can't have it all.

In other news regarding the discussion about Chumi and the risk of elimination, it looks like there should be little to worry about IMO.

It turns out that RM did the exact same thing with a canterano (Álvaro Tejero) back in November 2016 who was sanctioned for one game while playing for Castilla but he nevertheless played in the CdR tie against Cultural Leonesa and just like Chumi this past week, Tejero sat out in the subsequent league game for Castilla. So we have an example of a club who interpreted the rules similarly and which was not sanctioned.

If that had occurred this case would be crystal clear and we would be thrown out without a doubt.

I think that this fact can easily be used as a legal argument in our favor in case of TAS ruling that our interpretation of the rules was wrong which I doubt they will do but regardless.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...2892/caso-chumi-madrid-actuo-igual-barca.html

https://www.marca.com/futbol/copa-rey/2019/01/17/5c40f54f468aeb45098b4647.html

:pique1:

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

dfytb8n.jpg

Credit: Itaney - reddit

3-4-3 Pass Map of last night's game

Beautiful bit of data that.

vinni

I was thinking. Why did Levante report us for playing Chumi? It seems kinda petty.. i could understand it if it was one of our A team players like Suarez, but Chumi?.. We basically did them a favour in the first leg.

Joan

I was thinking. Why did Levante report us for playing Chumi? It seems kinda petty.. i could understand it if it was one of our A team players like Suarez, but Chumi?.. We basically did them a favour in the first leg.

Barca being eliminated from the Cup would mean them going through? One way or another. Just a guess.

PhilS

3-4-3 Pass Map of last night's game

Really interesting depiction. It's amazing that Rakitic played so far back. You can see how Vidal just does not move to where he can receive as many passes as you would expect for a Barca player at that position. I thought Dembele and Messi played together better than usual, but there were less than 5 passes either direction between them. Of course, quantity is less important than quality, one killer pass is worth a whole bunch of passes that lead to nothing.

vinni

Barca being eliminated from the Cup would mean them going through? One way or another. Just a guess.

Yeah, guess you are right, but it just seems so lame. I mean if you want to advanc, you should win, not report a team for playing some b player..

Home of Barca Fans