Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Levante 4-2 agg.

Devils

Update: Apparently the rules were changes in November (close call).

[tw]1085911710966403076[/tw]

It says that the rules indicate that Chumi is suspended for Segunda and La Liga, but doesn't indicate that he is suspended for CDR.

I think we will get away with it.

:bartomeu:

Last edited:

El Flaco

[tw]1085907420264755200[/tw]

[Alfredo Martínez] Regarding the possible improper fielding of Chumi against Levante in Copa del Rey, Barcelona is calm. The rules changed a few months ago.

serghei

Watch our idiot of a manager not even start Alena. Just watch. And forget about Coutinho and Dembele starting at the same time.

El Gato

Villarato!
Catalan Radio reported RFEF confirmed Barca breaching the rules, but they need to receive an official complaint from Levante within 48 hrs of the fixture, elsewise nothing can be done quickly like it was when Cadiz reported the issue vs Madrid in 2015. They're also saying that the case may be taken to the refereeing tribunal through which Barca can still be expelled from the competition though so it's not so certain.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Nothing would be better than going out without playing a single minute. The imbecile that is Valverde will not run down the seniors in a useless tournament (this season at least) that we have dominated historically as well as in the recent past and not only that it will once again for the millionth time confirm the level of incompetency of our beloved board.

5ergio_Busquets

Catalan Radio reported RFEF confirmed Barca breaching the rules, but they need to receive an official complaint from Levante within 48 hrs of the fixture, elsewise nothing can be done quickly like it was when Cadiz reported the issue vs Madrid in 2015. They're also saying that the case may be taken to the refereeing tribunal through which Barca can still be expelled from the competition though so it's not

Didn't Vazquez play in the copa against Leganes after he got sent off int the game before against Sociedad?

El Gato

Villarato!
Didn't Vazquez play in the copa against Leganes after he got sent off int the game before against Sociedad?

Pretty sure it's not the issue of cards from La Liga carrying over into Copa (which they haven't, for a long time). Hence why [MENTION=19407]Andresito[/MENTION]'s example doesn't work.

Rules are different for different divisions i.e. Segunda B as far as I can remember. Article 56.3 of the disciplinary code says:
“Until the sanction is complete with his team, he cannot participate in the superior categories. The suspended player cannot play for any those teams or clubs, until he has missed the number of weeks of the sanction in the category the infraction was committed.”

Barca are arguing that there was a rule change where a 'light' suspension (5 yellows) is served in a league competition in lower divisions, while only 'hard' ones (straight red or 2 yellows = red) carry over to the Copa. Not sure where this 'rule change' is stated in the disciplinary code and it seems RFEF don't think it's the case either...?

Dunno though.

Funny anyway.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Pretty sure it's not the issue of cards from La Liga carrying over into Copa (which they haven't, for a long time). Hence why [MENTION=19407]Andresito[/MENTION]'s example doesn't work.

Rules are different for different divisions i.e. Segunda B as far as I can remember. Barca are arguing that a 'light' suspension (5 yellows) is served in a league competition in lower divisions, while only 'hard' ones (straight red or 2 yellows = red) carry over to the Copa. Not sure where this 'rule change' is stated in the disciplinary code and it seems RFEF don't think it's the case either...?

Dunno though.

Funny anyway.

No we are fine. Postigo got a straight red, Vazquez got two yellows, both still played Copa. Why would it be any different with a player accumulating 5 yellows in Segunda B?

Leo_Messi

This is nothing but a media storm in a glass of water on an otherwise uneventful Thursday evening and it is explained by Mundo Deportivo below why that is the case.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...rca-copa-alineacion-indebida-rey-levante.html

In any case the "case" is outdated. There can be no administrative disqualification. Only tribunal but that is highly unlikely to occur given the rule changes back in November. Not only that, Chumi served his 1 match suspension this past weekend.

However personally I could not care less regardless as per my previous post in this thread. An early exit would be great. Preferably before 21:30 tonight.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans