Lliga | Round 18: Getafe - FC Barcelona 1-2

LMTR14

3 points, 1 goal messi (unfortunately no assist because pique just isn't a striker). poor game (once again struggling hard after conceding) but whatever, leading the league by 5 points makes this a good start into the year

messi2140

6racies Xavi
What's the point of posting all these to make yourself feel good. No doubt this Madrid is in shambles.

Even if in 2014/2015 we were 4 points behind, that's still one of the most inspriing Barca side I've seen as compared to the current Barca side. They also went on to win the treble. How we fare with Madrid doesnt dictate our success.

he dropped some nuggets in the Valverde thread aswell.

PhilS

The Getafe defense was top-notch, Champions League caliber. They're just missing someone who can put the ball in the goal.

Barca had problems advancing the ball up the field. Vidal is not good at this, he acts like he does not want the pass to come to him. Dembele is at his worst when he goes way back to help advance the ball, he loses it in the defensive half of the field way too often. He makes me remember how good Neymar was at this. No Busquets, then Busquets as a sub not at his best, sure makes me appreciate the limitations of Vidal and Arthur. Either Arthur or Vidal starting in midfield is definitely a problem trying to win CL this season.

This was a tough game, Getafe was much more ready to play than our guys, who cannot be at their best for all 60 games of the season.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Why do we keep accepting a lower standard of football and just accept absurd excuses...
We aren't dominating games and we don't have control, This definitely isn't a champions league level team, what are you people smoking.

Home of Barca Fans