Diego Lainez

Xavinho

diego-lainez-club-america-liga-mx_1ffj6rjdmlxmo1fnfjgforo92l.jpg

Club: América
Date of birth: 9 June 2000 (age 18)
Place of birth: Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico
Height: 1.67 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in)
Position: Winger

Diego Lainez has been dubbed the "Mexican Messi" by some because he's an agile, small, left-footed player, and to be fair, he does list Messi as his idol. There's been a lot of recent speculation about him moving to Europe. A number of clubs including Ajax and Lyon have been linked with him. Hopefully, he adapts well to European football. He's one to watch.

[youtube]Crp_UrTr_sU[/youtube]

VN10

To be honest, I am glad he does not come to Ajax for that fee.

I just do not see it in Lainez. He is a clueless dribbler. I don't see him becoming a very good player.
In order to succeed in European football, especially at the top, you need to be football-smart.

This is just another technically gifted dribbler with a lot of areas in which he's lacking, who will end up at a decent club like Betis or Leverkussen.

I hope I'm wrong for Lainez himself, but I do not even see him growing into a starter for a team like Ajax.

Xavinho

I thought he looked good for Betis against Bilbao considering he's an 18-year-old making his first start in a new league at a tough ground like San Mames. Tried a few dribbles and had a couple of decent shots.

[youtube]wYIZ5qtH0cs[/youtube]

BerkeleyBernie

Liked this kid against Real Madrid today. Still growing as a player but is a heads-up dribbler looking to combine and causing problems for the opposition.

Home of Barca Fans