Jean-Clair Todibo

gregorrin10

He is like a lottery to the club. The board will continue searching for a Pique's replacement.

That's what i'm afraid of. And it will most likely happen. Todibo gives the Board an excuse not to go after De Ligt or some other great CB, who will be available this summer, then Todibo turns into another Mina/Marlon, and in 2 years or even by next summer, we'll be right back to where we are now. Of course De Ligt will have gone to the PL or to PSG in the meantime...

BarçaBarça

That's what i'm afraid of. And it will most likely happen. Todibo gives the Board an excuse not to go after De Ligt or some other great CB, who will be available this summer, then Todibo turns into another Mina/Marlon, and in 2 years or even by next summer, we'll be right back to where we are now. Of course De Ligt will have gone to the PL or to PSG in the meantime...

We are actively after De Ligt. But we can't always get what we want, because we have other goals as well: getting other midfielders than Arthur who can last more than +2 years from now and finding a quality-striker for soon over-due Suarez (we already tried with Griezmann, but got ditched by the dramaqueen). See - it is not easy to put a solid team together these days, and a free Todibo is a no-brainer if he wants to come here. Everybody would moan if he went to a spanish or PL-club and became a starter.

Trickykid

Also, why the hell would the board look for an excuse to not go for a player like him? If they feel he's good enough and that a potential transfer wouldn't be too outlandish in terms of economy, of course they will try for him.
We don't always have to look for excuses to call our board shady crooks trying to fuck over both the club itself and in turn the fan base... Sometimes reality is just a lot more simple and pragmatic than that.

Jombi

We are actively after De Ligt. But we can't always get what we want, because we have other goals as well: getting other midfielders than Arthur who can last more than +2 years from now and finding a quality-striker for soon over-due Suarez (we already tried with Griezmann, but got ditched by the dramaqueen). See - it is not easy to put a solid team together these days, and a free Todibo is a no-brainer if he wants to come here. Everybody would moan if he went to a spanish or PL-club and became a starter.

There are other options than De Ligt as well. Dortmund have several interesting CB options, then there's Militao from Porto who's said to have a 45m release clause and playing for the Brazilian NT. 80-90m for De Ligt is a high risk.

Donatello

What are we doing with him?

Guy hasn't played a match since 3 Nov. & most likely won't feature for Toulouse in near future.

Any news?

Messi983

At 14, Todibo was not among the best players in his Les Lilas team. So he did what few kids might do in that situation: He kept working. "When his training session with the Under-17s was finished, he was asking if he could train with the under-19s," Todibo's former coach Amadou N'Diaye said to ESPN. "And he would do really well with them as well. After that, he would have a warm down, some stretching. He was so dedicated, and he knew what he wanted and what he had to do to make it.

"He was not the most talented, but he was the most determined."

I like this.

Leo_Messi

So what exactly is the plan with this guy for the reminder of the season? Not much talk in the media of late. Is he supposed to be frozen out by Toulouse for the reminder of the season and rot without developing? Can't possibly be the best option out there.

Porque

No updates with Todibo? I like all this talk of bringing in a Larsson when we can't even bring in our own player 6 months early from Toulouse of all teams.

Messi983

There were rumours when we announced his signing that we'll try to reach an agreement with Toulouse before the end of this month. I think we are now focusing on finding a "9" (which could possibly be done today) and FDJ/Rabiot situations but will try to negotiate with Toulouse again this or possibly next week. Based on their president statements I doubt we'll have much success though so we'll probably just have to hope that staying in Toulouse B for the next few months won't stall Todibo's development too much.

Donatello

If De Jong and Todibo both are going to come next summer, how come he is still in other players section while Frenkie is in players section ?

Home of Barca Fans