Jean-Clair Todibo

soul24rage

tbh, I don't mind him going to BL to get some regular 1st team minutes as it's very most likely that Umtiti, Pique and Lenglet will still be in the squad next season and Araujo can alternate between Barca B and the 1st team.

But, Todibo must be sold with a buy back clause. It would be insane not to include it.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So our CBs are one elder businessman, one injured all the time and one average softie... Yup, makes perfect sense coming from this board/coaching staff...

Messi983

tbh, I don't mind him going to BL to get some regular 1st team minutes as it's very most likely that Umtiti, Pique and Lenglet will still be in the squad next season and Araujo can alternate between Barca B and the 1st team.

But, Todibo must be sold with a buy back clause. It would be insane not to include it.

According to Sport we want to sell him for around 10M with a buy back clause. It makes sense IMO. He won't play much this season (Araujo can play when needed) and we'll buy a CB next year. Let Todibo get a (hopefully regular) playing time in BL and if he'll develop well bring him back in 2022 when Pique will probably retire. If he won't make a breakthrough at Leverkusen then he wouldn't make it here either so at least we'll make some profit on him.

khaled_a_d

So we plan on selling him and relying on a crippled Umtiti and the Chuckle Brothers in Lenglet and Pique.

Yeah, that sounds about right. To busy having your head in the sand with how bad the Lenglet and Pique partnership is these days and trying to resurrect the dead career of Umtiti due to his fucked knee. Even if Valverde rates Araujo over Todibo, he will not get a sniff at game time with the first team.

God, I hate fucking Valverde's shitty hierarchy set up especially with the defense.

Todibo had arguably the worst performance of a Barca defender this year in his game against Sevilla. We could have been 3-4 goals down before we started scoring.
He has really shown nothing to suggest he can break the Pique-Lenglet partnership. Them being bad doesn't mean he is better at least for the time being.
Kid has played very few games in top level and he was even playing as midfielder growing up. He is way too green for the club and for such position that relies in making liest number of mistakes, staying at Barca could end his career before it starts. Him leaving is the best for everyone involved.
But, for 3rd year in row we will need a CB in January, or we are risking too much counting on Todibo2 aka Araújo as 4th CB.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Todibo had arguably the worst performance of a Barca defender this year in his game against Sevilla. We could have been 3-4 goals down before we started scoring.
He has really shown nothing to suggest he can break the Pique-Lenglet partnership. Them being bad doesn't mean he is better at least for the time being.
Kid has played very few games in top level and he was even playing as midfielder growing up. He is way too green for the club and for such position that relies in making liest number of mistakes, staying at Barca could end his career before it starts. Him leaving is the best for everyone involved.
But, for 3rd year in row we will need a CB in January, or we are risking too much counting on Todibo2 aka Araújo as 4th CB.
That was his first official match in months and he's at that age where he hasn't had consistent game time which he needed.

This isn't the first time this has happened either, this crap happened last season where it took until a convenient injury to Umtiti for Lenglet to even get a chance to play. I don't blame Todibo for not playing very well against a full form Sevilla, we lucked out that game as Sevilla who missed a heap load of chances.

Same story this season, Pique and Lenglet are soft as hell defenders who allow attackers to do what they please with them. Todibo is a 19-year-old kid who hardly got chances vs two Vets who seemed to get a free pass for their poor performances.

Not saying Todibo will be some world-beater but Valverde's decisions have been crap since he got here in that regard, wants to play the same players all the time without giving proper prep to others to get them up to speed in cases of emergencies and throws them in without much prep when said emergencies happen.

We will disagree with this obviously, but for me, that's one of the biggest issues we have had under Valverde is he simply cannot properly plan for stuff. He always has to have his first-choice players on the field no matter who weak a certain team really is.

Messigician

That was his first official match in months and he's at that age where he hasn't had consistent game time which he needed.

This isn't the first time this has happened either, this crap happened last season where it took until a convenient injury to Umtiti for Lenglet to even get a chance to play. I don't blame Todibo for not playing very well against a full form Sevilla, we lucked out that game as Sevilla who missed a heap load of chances.

Same story this season, Pique and Lenglet are soft as hell defenders who allow attackers to do what they please with them. Todibo is a 19-year-old kid who hardly got chances vs two Vets who seemed to get a free pass for their poor performances.

Not saying Todibo will be some world-beater but Valverde's decisions have been crap since he got here in that regard, wants to play the same players all the time without giving proper prep to others to get them up to speed in cases of emergencies and throws them in without much prep when said emergencies happen.

We will disagree with this obviously, but for me, that's one of the biggest issues we have had under Valverde is he simply cannot properly plan for stuff. He always has to have his first-choice players on the field no matter who weak a certain team really is.

Every team is difficult according to Valverde. Literally lmao

serghei

That is unfair and not true. Pique and Lenglet have been even worse. Remember the 2nd half with Levante? That was fucking hideous defending. And they are presumably 'seasoned defenders' having the manager trust. Not a youngster at his first game vs a good team playing only because the manager doesn't have other choice since the other defenders are injured or suspended.

What a joke. Why the hell did we sign this player anyway... :lol:

Well said. Besides, defense is shit this season because Valverde is an average manager at best. It's not like Todibo played and we went from great to shit. Todibo played and we remained shit.

I guess people didn't see Inter humiliating us in the first half. Only luck and Stegen made it so we're not 0-3 at half time. Plenty of other examples like that.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Good player - but, still has some of those Rookie mistakes in him, which will only be cleared by playing more and getting trained properly!

JohnN

Clearly he will make mistakes and it shows. But he has great technical abilities and good physical ones. I feel he should be trusted more.

xXKonan

As someone who likes Araujo I cant understand how the rumors of the coaching staff thinking he's a better prospect than todibo.

Home of Barca Fans