Jean-Clair Todibo

xXKonan

According to Moises Llorens, we are very close to beating Juventus for the signing of Jean-Clair Todibo.

He says that Sports management has been controlling the player for months and confirmed MD's report as well.

https://as.com/futbol/2018/12/28/primera/1545986401_715208.html

MD also mentioned He seems more interested in Barcelona's project than Juve's. he's interesting talent and another big talent coming from Toulouse's ranks. West Ham bought Issa Diop who is having a great season with them.

Messi983

Don't know much about this kid but he seems highly rated and chased by most big clubs. I've read yesterday it's also possible we could get him already in January by paying some small transfer fee to Toulouse but don't know how likely this is.

Here is a short scout report on him from this article https://soccersouls.com/2018/11/14/...l-and-wolves-radar-a-great-talent-on-the-rise

Scout report – Jean-Clair Todibo
Age – 18
Current Club – Toulouse
Main Position – Centre-back

Todibo is an impressive centre-back who possesses the ability to dominate opposition centre-forwards and defend the attacking situations expertly. With a height of well over 6ft, the Frenchman is a proper threat in both boxes, having won aerial duels at a rate of 2.5 this season in the Ligue 1 so far.

He is a no-nonsense defender who reads the game well and nullifies the danger as soon as possible. The 18-year-old has made tackles, interceptions and clearances at a rate of 2.1, 1.4 and 6.2 respectively, epitomising his propensity to be an ideal “defence-first centre-back.”

In terms of passing from the back, Todibo is no slouch. The youngster has a pass success rate of over 84%. Hence, it’s easy to conclude that the 18-year-old is an ideal centre-back for Premier League football, with attributes that suit the way Liverpool and Wolves play.

This is his first season in top-flight French football and he is already making a name for himself at such a tender age of 18. Therefore, we can safely predict his future to be bright, especially due to the fact that his qualities are abundant and confidence is unerring – the two major things necessary to become a successful defender in top level football.

Joan

According to Moises Llorens, we are very close to beating Juventus for the signing of Jean-Clair Todibo.

He says that Sports management has been controlling the player for months and confirmed MD's report as well.

https://as.com/futbol/2018/12/28/primera/1545986401_715208.html

MD also mentioned He seems more interested in Barcelona's project than Juve's. he's interesting talent and another big talent coming from Toulouse's ranks. West Ham bought Issa Diop who is having a great season with them.

His situation is somewhat similar to Rabiot's. For instance, he refused to renew with Toulouse, was suspended and sent to the B team. As of reason, they're saying he asked for too much money. Much more, according to their directors, than Issa Diop had. He's not expected to play with their 1st team (after establiching himself as an important player), but they might consider selling in January.

From what I've heard, he started as a midfielder, good with the ball at his feet. Other than that, I haven't found much. Not many highlights videos. Strange for such a highly rated youngster.

Joan

Thanks. :thumbsup: Can't tell much going by the highlights, but some very good moves from a player who has played only a dozen 1st league matches. Seems pacy, good 1 on 1.

What I don't understand is - where would he play? He certainly wouldn't accept the B team, his agent said he'd be going to a big league, Segunda B is not one of those. :lol:

khaled_a_d

Thanks. :thumbsup: Can't tell much going by the highlights, but some very good moves from a player who has played only a dozen 1st league matches. Seems pacy, good 1 on 1.

He seem to have the physical profile of Varane/VVD, tall,long legs and pacey. how pacey he is isn't clear from the video though seem to have nice acceleration, ad he is slightly shorter than the other 2

What I don't understand is - where would he play? He certainly wouldn't accept the B team, his agent said he'd be going to a big league, Segunda B is not one of those. :lol:

Loan or 1st team as 5th CB. Club probably learned from Davinson Sanchez lesson and won't think about sending him to B team unless he is fully comfortable with it

xXKonan

From what the rumors say, he's being brought in as an alternative to De Ligt with the idea that he could be Pique's long-term successor.

I've seen people say that he's the new "Varane" or so.

Porque

Good highlight package. Nothing to lose with this investment.

Funny though we started the month talking of De Ligt+De Jong for 150million and could end the January transfer window with Rabiot+Todibo instead on nominal fees. :lol:

Joan

Funny though we started the month talking of De Ligt+De Jong for 150million and could end the January transfer window with Rabiot+Todibo instead on nominal fees. :lol:

:bartomeu: :lol:

serghei

Doesn't make sense to sign all these young players if we're not going to rotate the squad. Where is this guy supposed to get minutes? Players won't develop if you have a manager who plays mostly the same team every game.

Jombi

I dont think anyone believed we would sign De Ligt and De Jong in January, but I definitely think we have far less money to spend than most people think. We've spent an enormous amount of money and our squad is still ageing fast with very few highly valuable players. If we dont rejuvenate our squad on the cheap, we could be in serious trouble.

Last edited:

Hardy

he chose Juventus, at least here in italy they say it's done deal

200.gif

Home of Barca Fans