Jean-Clair Todibo

abbbs97

Its pre-season. He's 19 and has barely even played for Barca and people are already calling him out. FFS. Typical.
At least wait till he's played a proper game in the middle of the season before laughing at him.

These De Ligt fans are the worst. Go to the Juve forums and praise your boy over there.

EdmondDantes

Todibo was poor but people need to see him for what he is.

A free signing/young punt.

We need to remember that he only made France's U20 World Cup squad because one of their 4 CBs got injured and yet we expect him to do the business for Barcelona?

If he's to work here, he's a long term project, if he doesn't, we sell him like we did Marlon.

Laplacian

Maybe we needed De Ligt after all...

All aboard the Konaté train? :rockon:

Nah, I'll give him time. He's barely played for Barcelona.

Sorin

Its pre-season. He's 19 and has barely even played for Barca and people are already calling him out. FFS. Typical.
At least wait till he's played a proper game in the middle of the season before laughing at him.

These De Ligt fans are the worst. Go to the Juve forums and praise your boy over there.

Yeah, what are they doing here when it's clear as day they are first and foremost De Ligt fans and he is currently with Juve.

Even taking pleasure in a young guy having a some mistakes, as if a 1m 19 yo old player earning probably around 1m euros a season is not currently as good as the most expensive CB of all times earning 12m a year. Pathetic .

Campos

I'm not comparing De Ligt to Tobido.
Comparing Tobido to De Ligt is an insult to De Ligt

De Ligt has played over 100 games for Ajax. Played an EL final, CL semi-final, Nation-league final.

Tobido is just a ballboy compared to De Ligt. And i'm not even a huge De Ligt fanboy (Don't like his build).
Tobido might be great in the future (time will tell). But he's not Barca material at the moment.

I just wanted to point out that Barto made a HUGE mistake.

abbbs97

De Ligt has played over 100 games for Ajax. Played an EL final, CL semi-final, Nation-league final.

Tobido is just a ballboy compared to De Ligt. And i'm not even a huge De Ligt fanboy (Don't like his build).
Tobido might be great in the future (time will tell). But he's not Barca material at the moment.

I know that. We all know that De Ligt is much better than Todibo. Of course he is, he's the biggest CB talent in years.
But, to completely dismiss Todibo after just one pre-season game in which every player is, of course, isnt as polished as they should be, is ridiculous. I'm just saying that at least wait till the middle of the season to properly judge him.

I'm mostly referring to [MENTION=23569]VN10[/MENTION] , who is known to be a huge De Ligt fanboy for months now.

khaled_a_d

What mistake? Todibo is 4th/5th option CB. If Umtiti is healthy (which seems to be something we are betting onto) we have 3 very good CBs.
MDL is good, but his fit is questionable and he has an agent with broken relation with the club.
There is even rumors he wanted Juve for sometime, he cost an arm and leg and is on high wage too. It isn't like he was ours to lose to consider it a mistake

Sorin

Please take it to the De Ligt thread.

I'm honestly sick and tired of reading about this guy one in every other thread that's not his. It seems like we have missed on the next fecking Messi the way he is talked about.

Move on, he is not a Barca player. There will be other players, we can't sign every talented good player out there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Todibo barely played and this sort of things happens when you don’t play a lot. Either way it is incredible that some people put a verdict on a player based on ONE game, a preseason friendly not to mention.

De Ligt didn’t do particularly well in his debut for Juventus, didn’t he? But I wouldn’t judge him based on just ONE game either.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

HUGE mistake by doing what? Not scuumbing to his and Raiola’s demands for huge money?

Give me one good reason why we should pay De Ligt more than what we are paying De Jong.

xXKonan

There are guys on here that will jump on this guy the first moments he makes a mistake due him not being De Ligt.

I wasn't going to be one of those spiteful dudes over De Ligt, but his fucking zealot fans on here are making me reconsider that. De Jong, without a doubt, is far more needed than De Ligt, De Ligt may be a generational talent but get real, the idea of him only being some high-level CB prospect is laughable at best while De Jong, on the other hand, is a real rare talent.

De Ligt was pretty shit on his debut with Juve, does that mean he's shit? no, it was his first preseason game with the team.

Devils

De Ligt got smoked by Lucas Moura a few minutes after he debuted for Juve.

That's nothing new for him though.

Last edited:

cro-man

Is this how it works now? Everytime a 19 years old player plays one bad game is already not good enough because de ligt with 19 years is much better atm?

Campos

HUGE mistake by doing what? Not scuumbing to his and Raiola’s demands for huge money?

Give me one good reason why we should pay De Ligt more than what we are paying De Jong.

I don't have a particularly good reason.

But Barto want to go all out for Neymar. He paid 120m for a 28 years old striker (with little to no good residual value). But he don't want to pay that extra bit for a talent, who can captain your team for the next 10-15 years (YES 10-15 years).
Doesn't make sense to me.

I know we all hate Raiola. But who cares. Raiola isn't going no where. He's here to stay. If we keep ignoring his clients, we might miss out on the biggest talents.

BTW: I watched the whole game. And De Ligt played for like 20-25 min. Wasn't his best game. But i didn't think he was bad either.
Besides that, before this game he only trained once with his new teammates (he's far from fit) . So make off that what you want.
But we already discussed this in the De Ligt's thread.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans