Jean-Clair Todibo

Porque

That loan sounds like a good option. He won't play ahead of Pique this year or next year, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that.

Or the year after that.

:valverde:

xXKonan

According to Edu Polo, he will stay as our 4th CB as Valverde and his staff has been satisfied with his performances in the couple of games he got in the last part of the season.

FCBfan22

According to Edu Polo, he will stay as our 4th CB as Valverde and his staff has been satisfied with his performances in the couple of games he got in the last part of the season.

I Missed the topic :facepalm:. Good decision, tho.

Thought that we were actually keeping Vermaelen over him.

Now rotate, rotate and rotate at CB.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

This is welcome news (now that the board decided not to go all-in on MDL and it looks unlikely that a new CB will arrive) provided that he will not rot on the bench or worse at home or in the tribunes when not called up for the match squad.

I definitely see great potential in him but that potential won't be nurtured unless 1) he gets the chance to prove his worth, 2) his manager (Malmierda) puts trust in him and helps guide him along with the likes of Piqué and his two CB countrymen.

Piqué is on his last legs, Umtiti's immediate and long-term future is uncertain due to his knee problem and Lenglet has been a reliable and decent CB but I don't think that Lenglet will ever be truly world class or an elite CB. With some luck and the right environment to succeed in, Todibo on the other hand could very well become our own "Varane". The similitaries are striking at least.

BarçaBarça

Our bet on him is heavier now that De Ligt went for the money. Reports from last season were good, but he needs to take his chance sooner rather than later this season, imo.

Devils

[tw]1148222218834448386[/tw]

Todibo and Dembouz connection going to be unreal this season.

So much quality it's difficult to conceive.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Think he has potential to become better than Lenglet and I think he could do it very quickly if it came to that.

His performances against Celta and Huesca were kinda ridiculously good for his age and the extremely limited playing time he's had for us. His passing looked crisp and he was extremely confident in splitting players and playing through pressure.

Honestly, I would love to experiment with him at CDM. I think a midfield of Frenkie-Todibo-Arthur could be great in the not too distant future. I think Frenkie and Arthur will naturally develop into better chance creators. They have been visibly improving in this regard over the course of the season and will no doubt get better training/playing next to each other.

Todibo is quick, athletic, tall, and shows poise with the ball at his feet. His eagerness to ding passes through lines could really allow our other players to do their work way more effectively. Barca are only a midfield reinvention away from being a much superior team than any of Europe's giants.

khaled_a_d

Since I assume Frenkie's getting the #6, what number will Todibo pick up?

I'm pretty sure Frenkie's going to get the 21, and then Alena will get the 6 and Todibo another number.

Unless he dislikes number 6, there zero reason for him to change his number.

Honestly, I would love to experiment with him at CDM. I think a midfield of Frenkie-Todibo-Arthur could be great in the not too distant future. I think Frenkie and Arthur will naturally develop into better chance creators. They have been visibly improving in this regard over the course of the season and will no doubt get better training/playing next to each other.

Todibo is quick, athletic, tall, and shows poise with the ball at his feet. His eagerness to ding passes through lines could really allow our other players to do their work way more effectively. Barca are only a midfield reinvention away from being a much superior team than any of Europe's giants.

I think he is too clumsy for DM position, nvm that this is most likely FDJ best position.
Such midfield lack creativity IMHO, and to some extent I am not sure if they will be able to press opponent probably.
I think Todibo best position is CB tbh, he has more potential there than midfield

Andresito

Staff member
I think he is too clumsy for DM position, nvm that this is most likely FDJ best position.
Such midfield lack creativity IMHO, and to some extent I am not sure if they will be able to press opponent probably.
I think Todibo best position is CB tbh, he has more potential there than midfield

I agree. Todibo's ball playing skills are good for a CB but not good enough as a CDM for Barca.
I'm sure he'd be able to play as CDM against lesser teams, but he'd get exposed against the best.

Home of Barca Fans