Jean-Clair Todibo

MTL_Barca

If they buy a new starting CB this summer and get rid of Umtiti then selling Todibo would be understandable. Pique, X, Lenglet wouldn't be that bad and the 4th CB most likely won't get much playing time until Pique gets phased out.

If no CB get's signed and Umtiti stays instead then it looks dire. Pique and Lenglet starters with Umtiti always injured...yeah we already saw enough of that. Selling Todibo just to fund more strikers would be terrible.

In general i really dislike the concept of treating young players like investments to make more cash to waste on galacticos though so i would personally like to keep him around either way if possible.

Last edited:

serghei

In general i really dislike the concept of treating young players like investments to make more cash to waste on galacticos though so i would personally like to keep him around either way of possible.

It's generally a good plan if you give them a fair chance and a bit of time to prove themselves. And if it doesn't work out, fair enough, move them along. Andre Gomes was treated right imo. Plenty of chances, never really proved he belongs here. On the opposite end, we have someone like Malcom, incredibly stupid how we handled that player. I'm convinced we could've gotten a really top player that could've helped us for years.

mc_lovin

Not for me, Upamecano as well. Which doesnt mean they are bad, generally the best CB pairings have been one "beast" and one positional centreback in the mold of Pique. You just have to know what you are getting yourself into.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

If they buy a new starting CB this summer and get rid of Umtiti then selling Todibo would be understandable. Pique, X, Lenglet wouldn't be that bad and the 4th CB most likely won't get much playing time until Pique gets phased out.

If no CB get's signed and Umtiti stays instead then it looks dire. Pique and Lenglet starters with Umtiti always injured...yeah we already saw enough of that. Selling Todibo just to fund more strikers would be terrible.

In general i really dislike the concept of treating young players like investments to make more cash to waste on galacticos though so i would personally like to keep him around either way if possible.

If we couldn't sell or loan Umtiti we are in deep shit till 2023. In order to add new CB, we have to get rid of him. It's a must. And selling Todibo or Semedo to create money for Lautaro is a pure stupidity.

It's generally a good plan if you give them a fair chance and a bit of time to prove themselves. And if it doesn't work out, fair enough, move them along. Andre Gomes was treated right imo. Plenty of chances, never really proved he belongs here. On the opposite end, we have someone like Malcom, incredibly stupid how we handled that player. I'm convinced we could've gotten a really top player that could've helped us for years.

I agree 100% with your post. Malcom could turn as a better player than Dembele and Griezmann but this idiotic board ....

Is he actually this slow or does just look slow next to Hakimi?

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

He was never the fast type of centreback, hes more of a Pique, no?

He is the total opposite of Pique. He never mind getting physical with his opponents and is quite faster when needed.

I thought he was supposed to be very fast

And he is fast. I would say, faster than all of our CB's. Every player at the moment will looks slower and not in fitness shape after two months of no actions at all. Watch Schalke04 games before the break instead to see how he was playing.

Slevinn

This guy is not ready to start for us.

We need to loan him to a more stable club tho. Schalke is becoming a joke.

BBZ8800

About Todibo being slow, well, players didn't play football for 3 Months.
The first few weeks or even Months will be like watching preseason matches with low stamina, heavy legs and horrible passes.

Messi983

According to Record Benfica is interested in Todibo as a possible replacement for Ruben Dias.

On the other hand portal fichajes.net reports we could consider a swap between the two players (with probably us paying quite a lot of money as well). With EPL clubs interested I doubt Todibo would really go to Benfica but wouldn't be the worst deal we could make, especially if we could also manage to include a buy-back on Todibo.

Home of Barca Fans