Jean-Clair Todibo

Riordon

Since he has joined Schalke he has performed at the level of Upamecano and Konate. Tells you how good he is that he goes on loan midway through season and perform like this while just turned 20. Lets hope Schalke don't buy him so we don't have to pay 30m extra for a player we already owned.

This also changes my criteria for a CB signing since I consider Todibo a complementary CB, this means no Upamecano whom was my favourite until now. We need to find someone between 24-28 with experience and a leader like Vidic, Puyol, Terry, Ramos, Pepe who can lead the defence.

Porque

Since he has joined Schalke he has performed at the level of Upamecano and Konate. Tells you how good he is that he goes on loan midway through season and perform like this while just turned 20. Lets hope Schalke don't buy him so we don't have to pay 30m extra for a player we already owned.

This also changes my criteria for a CB signing since I consider Todibo a complementary CB, this means no Upamecano whom was my favourite until now. We need to find someone between 24-28 with experience and a leader like Vidic, Puyol, Terry, Ramos, Pepe who can lead the defence.

Not to be a Broken récord but he is doing this as the 3rd Man in a back three. The free role which allows you to exit position. He performed at the level of those clips in our back 3 VS Ínter. So until he is doing it in a back 2 and developing his positioning the jury is still out for me.

Thus we cant judge him too highly Just yet. Best bet for us is another season on loan.

As for Araujo, he is more ready as he is more competent in a back 2. Ceiling doesnt look as high but lets see him when surrounded by better players. Even Piqué would get turned by SegundaB players on SdB pitches (hasnt he already in La Copa) so I wouldnt look too deeply into that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to Bild, Schalke are going to use their 25m option and sign him permanently.

[tw]1241313555481313280[/tw]

MTL_Barca

Actually Bild was reporting the exact opposite yesterday.

Article from 24.3.2020 is basically titled "Todibo leaving because of 25M clause" and said with the uncertain future and the big financial risk the chances of Schalke signing him are "objectively" low(er) now. Then they speculate about extending the loan because of good relations to Barca but thats all.

Doesn't sound like real solid information, but it would make sense. 25M is pretty much the whole budget for Schalke and with the corona crisis that seems way too risky for them.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Yeah at least something good from Corona. I think he could be our 3. option next year.

But problem is that we are going to sign new center back, so we have Pique and Lenglet who are possible starters unless we bring Laporte or Upamecano.
Then you could end with Todibo being 4. option for center back.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah at least something good from Corona. I think he could be our 3. option next year.

But problem is that we are going to sign new center back, so we have Pique and Lenglet who are possible starters unless we bring Laporte or Upamecano.
Then you could end with Todibo being 4. option for center back.

Next season I think the CB ranks can be very floating.

- New signing should play, because why would we sign anyone worse than what we currently have.

- Lenglet's level is known. He's reliable but not world class. 2nd-3rd option.

- Piqué's level is not known. He's not reliable but can be world class. He can basically be 1-4 option depending on form.

- Todibo's level isn't known. Huge potential and depending on what he shows with the few minutes he gets and how good Piqué is, he can be 3-4 option, with a possibility to climb to 2nd in 2021/2022.

Catta

Sell both Umtiti and Lenglet, buy Upamecano.

1st choice would be Upamecano, Pique and Todibo should rotate between them.

And get someone experienced who doesn't mind the bench to be our 4th choice.

vuji_31

No way Schalke can pay him now.

Sell him to Lepzig to lower price for Upamecano.
What is with guy from Marseille, young CB with great tehnique

Porque

If Shalke want to extend the loan then let's take that option. Maybe even put up the buy now an extra 5/10m.

He was showing promise there so keeping him there where they will play him is a smart option.

I don't think he would play much here nor is he ready. Best bet would be to sign someone and if Todibo reaches potential, have their profiles match well as a partnership. Because Todibo won't be a CB for us together with Pique, Umtiti or Lenglet.

Home of Barca Fans