Jean-Clair Todibo

MTL_Barca

If he won't play for Schalke, he will never play here either.

I know, there is always one De Bruyne and Salah example, but in 95% of cases if you won't set the world on fire, you surely won't do it at Barcelona.

If someone will reply: he could be good for a 4th pick.
Well, even then he needs some experience and playing time.
So, he will either need experience from previous clubs, like Matthieu or Lenglet, which he hasn't.
Or: he needs a loan to Schalke or to a smaller club, which is exactly what we are doing.

Also, remember, me and some guys said 2-3 years ago that Barca will repeat the same scenario in the future in order to earn money: buy cheap defenders, resell them later for profit unless if they turn to be amazing.
Marlon, Mina, Todibo.

Todibo is more likely a similar project than a future Barca player.
Unless if he will set the world on fire soon...

Since the conditions aren't as they were reported when i wrote that post it doesn't matter anymore.

Loans can always just not work out as intended and usually it's better to get a player back fast in that case to deal with it, that's why i don't think 1,5/2 year loans are a good idea in general. Not because i expect a De Bruyne case but because i think it's better to try another loan then or sell the player instead of leaving him on the bench of the loan club for another year.

But again, the loan is only till this summer and not 2021 ad it was reported earlier so that problem doesn't exist.

Newcomer

If he won't play for Schalke, he will never play here either.

I know, there is always one De Bruyne and Salah example, but in 95% of cases if you won't set the world on fire, you surely won't do it at Barcelona.

If someone will reply: he could be good for a 4th pick.
Well, even then he needs some experience and playing time.
So, he will either need experience from previous clubs, like Matthieu or Lenglet, which he hasn't.
Or: he needs a loan to Schalke or to a smaller club, which is exactly what we are doing.

Also, remember, me and some guys said 2-3 years ago that Barca will repeat the same scenario in the future in order to earn money: buy cheap defenders, resell them later for profit unless if they turn to be amazing.
Marlon, Mina, Todibo.

Todibo is more likely a similar project than a future Barca player.
Unless if he will set the world on fire soon...
Exactly. I said that on other thread but Barça is smart creating money out of nowhere. They did 0 work on Todibo and they'll bag an huge profit on him. Meanwhile his academy club got a mere million out of all the work they did.

FCBfan22

Loaning this guy and switching to 3-4-3 a week after must be one of the most moronic moves I've seen in a long time.

xXKonan

This is what happens when you don't put shit on hold and let the new coach actually have an opinion on a player before loaning him out.

We just took Valverde's word even though the clown got sacked. Should have waited before doing this shit and let Seiten have a look at the player.

khaled_a_d

This is what happens when you don't put shit on hold and let the new coach actually have an opinion on a player before loaning him out.

We just took Valverde's word even though the clown got sacked. Should have waited before doing this shit and let Seiten have a look at the player.

You are assuming it was EV word and that it wasn't what the club actually believed.
Abidal is the one who played huge role in sacking EV, didn't bring many player he requested and he is the one who choose Setien. In addition he hand picked Todibo.
It seems far fetched for me he loaned him because of EV opinion. tbh I won't be surprised if the board didn't actually liked what they have seen from him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why was he subbed, was he so bad?

Most likely, however nobody should expect him to have great performances after being benched for such a long time and having almost no minutes.

I guess it is sort of positive news for us, meaning Schalke probably won’t buy him.

Messi983

Most likely, however nobody should expect him to have great performances after being benched for such a long time and having almost no minutes.

I guess it is sort of positive news for us, meaning Schalke probably won’t buy him.

Well, if Schalke won't buy him then he probably won't get much minutes either this season and we'll probably loan/sell him in summer again. I doubt he has a future at the club.

Home of Barca Fans