Barca draws Lyon in Round of 16 at Champions League

cracken

Lyon could've been a legit a dark horse if they had a competent coach.

Imagine getting 4 points off Manchester City only to finish second and eke out a qualification in the last 30 minutes of the last game.

FinBarcelonafan

We are never safe with Valverde. He will run the team to the ground before CL games and we will once again go out in a miserable way. Barca way.

Lyon had great results vs ManC, thats scary. City is like us, but way faster and quicker.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Many severely underestimating OL who managed 4/6 pts vs Pep's City. This will not be an easy tie, at all

jamrock

Lyon gave city 2 good games so I don't think it will be easy, especially with that talented midfield they have. But let's hope we can win.

MagIX

There are no easy matches in CL, and even less in the final round: in 180 minutes there are no favorites, anything can happen
But a basic thing is common to all if you want to win, even before the tactics and technique: running and bleeding and fighting like gladiators

soul24rage

I made a mistake with the previous schedule (Google didn't update the schedule) Copa= red, CL= blue

Copa QF 1st leg
Girona vs Barca away
Copa QF 2nd leg
Barca vs Valencia home
Copa Semis 1st leg
Athletic Bilbao vs Barca away

One week rest

Barca Vs Valladolid home
Lyon vs Barca away
Sevilla vs Barca
Copa Semis 2nd leg
Real Madrid vs Barca away

One week rest

Barca Vs Vallecano
Barca vs Lyon home
Betis vs Barca

International Break

Thoughts:
I'm happy that we got the second CL dates of 2/19 & 3/13 as we have a more balanced schedule of possibility of rest and hard games. There are 2 run of difficult games:
1) Valencia home, Copa Semi 1st leg (if we get there), Athletic away
2) Lyon away, Sevilla away, Copa Semi 2nd leg and Real Madrid away.
3) if we get ATM or RM in the Copa Quaters (if we get there).

If we get to the Copa Semi, I am so hoping that we get a huge goal difference in the Copa Semi 1st leg so that we can rest some players for the 2nd leg before we face Real Madrid.
Also, we have the opportunity to rest the veterans before the Lyon games in our home La Liga games, which couldn't have been possible if we had the first CL dates.
Hopefully, we play players who didn't have a lot of game time in the Copa games and rest the veterans in that competition.
The schedule and games could have been a lot harder so hopefully EV has some sense of resting the right players in the right games

Last edited:

Devils

I made a mistake with the previous schedule (Google didn't update the schedule) Copa= red, CL= blue

Copa QF 1st leg
Girona vs Barca away
Copa QF 2nd leg
Barca vs Valencia home
Copa Semis 1st leg
Athletic Bilbao vs Barca away

One week rest

Barca Vs Valladolid home
Lyon vs Barca away
Sevilla vs Barca
Copa Semis 2nd leg
Real Madrid vs Barca away

One week rest

Barca Vs Vallecano
Barca vs Lyon home
Betis vs Barca

International Break

Thoughts:
I'm happy that we got the second CL dates of 2/19 & 3/13 as we have a more balanced schedule of possibility of rest and hard games. There are 2 run of difficult games:
1) Valencia home, Copa Semi 1st leg (if we get there), Athletic away
2) Lyon away, Sevilla away, Copa Semi 2nd leg and Real Madrid away.
3) if we get ATM or RM in the Copa Quaters (if we get there).

If we get to the Copa Semi, I am so hoping that we get a huge goal difference in the Copa Semi 1st leg so that we can rest some players for the 2nd leg before we face Real Madrid.
Also, we have the opportunity to rest the veterans before the Lyon games in our home La Liga games, which couldn't have been possible if we had the first CL dates.
Hopefully, we play players who didn't have a lot of game time in the Copa games and rest the veterans in that competition.
The schedule and games could have been a lot harder so hopefully EV has some sense of resting the right players in the right games

This is about as manageable of a schedule as you could possible hope for.

That is unless the manager decides to field the first team in those Copa ties.

Alik

After what happened last season, I think the team won't be complacent no matter the opposition.

Home of Barca Fans